Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Dyno Time! Fun Fun Fun. (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Dyno Time! Fun Fun Fun.
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Went to Advanced Dyno in Suisun (Fairfield) 707-425-DYNO. I am quite pleased with the results. Anyone want to guess?

[Big Grin]

--------------------
'92 LX T5
Looked stock, went 11's 11.90 at 115mph.

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Livin' in the Carolina Pines

flatacid
¯
Member # 878

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for flatacid  Ford pictures for flatacid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
im guessing 280rwhp. but i have no idea. just tell us! [Cool]

--------------------
89 mustang gt w/ t5

bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Can I guess [Smile]
Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
304.3 RWHP [Big Grin]

I just used 111.6 mph, 3250 lbs going down the track and 15% drivetrain loss.

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Why not use 111.95?
The baseline was lower then that, but you hit the post tune number pretty close.

303hp 336.4lb/ft [Eek!]

I hit my goal w/ use parts and tight budget. HP peak was right at 5250 and TQ was 4450. Time to try long tubes and retard the cam (one at a time , of course.) But first, back to the track! Who's with me?! AAaaaaaahhhhhh!!!!

[burnout]

--------------------
'92 LX T5

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by FasterDamnit:
Why not use 111.95?

You only listed 11.6 in your sig so thats what I used [Big Grin]

So what were the basline numbers? What was your air fuel ratio at? And what/how did you tune it on the dyno?

So far the these are the only 300+ rwhp 302's I know of around here:

Team-Solo 310rwhp?(stock bottem end, ported windsor heads, edelbrock intake, dunno the cam, but it was healthy)

Jon 327rwhp?((stock bottem end, ported TFS heads, TFS 1 cam, forgot the intake)

FasterDamnit 303 rwhp ((stock bottem end, ported TFS heads, TFS 1 cam, ported cobra intake)

AaronC 340 rwhp (306, AFR165's, ported RPM intake, custom cam)

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by st5150:
quote:
Why not use 111.95?

You only listed 11.6 in your sig so thats what I used [Big Grin]

So what were the basline numbers? What was your air fuel ratio at? And what/how did you tune it on the dyno?

So far the these are the only 300+ rwhp 302's I know of around here:

Team-Solo 310rwhp?(stock bottem end, ported windsor heads, edelbrock intake, dunno the cam, but it was healthy)

Jon 327rwhp?((stock bottem end, ported TFS heads, TFS 1 cam, forgot the intake)

FasterDamnit 303 rwhp ((stock bottem end, ported TFS heads, TFS 1 cam, ported cobra intake)

AaronC 340 rwhp (306, AFR165's, ported RPM intake, custom cam)

Look again, oh slow one. The details will come in an article for F/M. I adjusted F/P and timing. And I ran the short belt to emulate track conditions. It was worth 5hp (one run w/ reg belt.) Made the fuel adj. base on initial ratio. Now its between 12.5 and 13.

--------------------
'92 LX T5

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sounds good! I hope I can hit that number too [Wink]

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

quote:
Originally posted by shade-tree:
sounds good! I hope I can hit that number too [Wink]

Did you race today? I would think you should hit it. How much porting was done?

--------------------
'92 LX T5

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
no, but I resolved my exhaust leak and vacuum leak today [patriot]

[ January 20, 2003, 03:33 PM: Message edited by: shade-tree ]

--------------------

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

quote:
is somebody giving me up already? remind me to kick him in the nuts [Mad]

Umm, you posted pics, Joe. It was kinda obvious. The finish in the intake ports plus the size. [Razz]
Stimson
_
Member # 51

quote:
Look again, oh slow one. The details will come in an article for F/M. I adjusted F/P and timing. And I ran the short belt to emulate track conditions. It was worth 5hp (one run w/ reg belt.) Made the fuel adj. base on initial ratio. Now its between 12.5 and 13.

--------------------
Jim Langley
Tech Editor, Fordmuscle.com
'65 Coupe, 289, no tranny!

'92 LX T5Z
Looks stock, goes 12's! 303rwhp/336rwtq 12.37 @ 111.64 mph, 1.82 60ft. on Nitto's, Ported Cobra Intake, Twisted Wedge heads, 1.7 rockers, TFS stage 1 cam, C&L 76mm MAF w/ pipe, 65mm TB, 3.73's, pulleys, short belt, ice, Nitto's, shorties- MAC Prochamber+catback
New best 60 ft.- 1.75!(ET Streets) Best mph- 111.95

Green Machine II

Nope, still says 11.6 MPH my fellow slow one. Your 5 rwhp short belt gain is consistant with a 4 rwhp gain I saw dyno tested on a stocker AOD car. Then again according to Ed Curtis the great, we know nothing. I've watched several hundred Mustang's dyno and walked away with nothing and you my friend have a rinky dink fluke combo [Wink]
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

umm, whatever, they aren't even gasket matched, lol. runner size is totally stock.

call it stage 0.5 porting if you must. didn't touch bowl area.
I sanded down the carbon buildup in the exhaust, basically, and cleaned all the oil build up crap on the valves, lol.

--------------------

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

best mph- 111.95.
Dufus.
[Razz]

Oh, yeah, Ed compared me to Bob Cosby's 12.5 w/ stock motor. Made me feel warm and fuzzy. I am such an underacheiver...

[ January 20, 2003, 03:40 PM: Message edited by: FasterDamnit ]

--------------------
'92 LX T5

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

oh, my guess is that Long tubes will be worth about 5 rwhp and TQ across the board on your car. Possibly closer to 10 [Wink]

When you switch, just try and remember all the good times you had with swapping your shorty headers around and not having a hassle. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Stimson
_
Member # 51

quote:
best mph- 111.95.
Dufus.
[Razz]

Oh, yeah, Ed compared me to Bob Cosby's 12.5 w/ stock motor. Made me feel warm and fuzzy. I am such an underacheiver...

Doh, your best MPH got lost in that heavy sig of yours [Wink] What is your initial timing set at now?

Tell Ed he can't take credit for Bob's 12.5@108 car since he had nothing to do with that combo. Tell Ed to take credit for Bob's JOKE 10.9 second Ed ported Canfields, ported Holley intake, Ed cam, AOD with stall incon TT car [Smile]

[ January 20, 2003, 03:55 PM: Message edited by: st5150 ]

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Hey did you see on Bob's website his best NA dyno figures? it's there...

277 to the wheels, FTI poked and probed stock ported heads/intake and an Ed C. special bump-stick.

Sr. Roberto piloted the thing to 11.8s @ 113 (IIRC)

High 1.5x short times, and I believe a 4.3 gear and 28x10 slicks.
Raceweight should be around 3150 lbs. I believe...

--------------------

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

quote:
Originally posted by st5150:
quote:
best mph- 111.95.
Dufus.
[Razz]

Doh, your best MPH got lost in that heavy sig of yours [Wink]

Tell Ed he can't take credit for Bob's 12.5@108 car since he had nothing to do with that combo. Tell Ed to take credit for Bob's JOKE 10.9 second Ed ported Canfields, ported Holley intake, Ed cam, AOD with stall incon TT car [Smile]

LOL! That one is all yours, my friend! I wouldn't want to deny you the pleasure of getting in a sharp jab at an opportune moment.

I bet I could beat that 10.9 w/ an Incon TT kit. Wany do you say, Shaun? [Wink]

[burnout]
JL

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

quote:
Hey did you see on Bob's website his best NA dyno figures? it's there...

277 to the wheels, FTI poked and probed stock ported heads/intake and an Ed C. special bump-stick.

Sr. Roberto piloted the thing to 11.8s @ 113 (IIRC)

High 1.5x short times, and I believe a 4.3 gear and 28x10 slicks.
Raceweight should be around 3150 lbs. I believe...

Bob can DRIVE! [worship] [worship] [worship]

I guess I could beat that if I put in a complete drag race suspension, changed gears and pulled a 1.5x. But I am missing having my front sway bar. Damn Z06 hit the freeway on ramp and I had to back off thanks to the front end imitating a porpoise. I was sticking w/ him up to that point. Think I will pick up a hollow sway bar and undo the links at the track. Put the strut brace back on and drop 1". [Eek!]

--------------------
'92 LX T5

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

I bet I could beat that 10.9 w/ an Incon TT kit. What do you say, Shaun? [Wink]

[burnout]
JL

Sure.... And then you woke up & had to wipe off your stomach. [Big Grin]
Keep dreaming Jim! [Wink]

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
LMAO!
Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 12 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Some people are really not very giving... [Razz]

Pic of graph

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/fasterdamnit/vwp?.dir=/My+Photos&.src=ph&.dnm=GMII+Dyno2.jpg&.view=t&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/bc/fasterdamnit/lst%3f%26.dir=/My%2bPhotos%26.src=ph%26.view=t

--------------------
'92 LX T5

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice curve. Seems like it's dipping a little fast above 5500, then levels out again at 6K. I think there's more in it!
4400 torque peak would normally have a 5400-5600 HP peak.

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Look at the A/F at that point. Goes from 13 to 12.5. And yeah, I wondered about the peak spacing.
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Lets see if this works...

-

--------------------
'92 LX T5

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com