Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » The E303 cam?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: The E303 cam?
88GTstunna
¯
Member # 2301

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88GTstunna  Ford pictures for 88GTstunna    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Can I get some info on the E303 cam. If any one has one thats new w/b.

--------------------
"You get what u pay for"

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Best damn cam ever made! Although some cyber-racers will tell you otherwise. This cam is good for at least 5hp on a bone stock 5.0!

LOL (sorry for the bad humor)

Here are the specs:
282/282 total duration
220/220 duration @.050 lift
.480/.480 lift w/1.6's
110LSA
110ICL

Not a bad cam really....especially for the price used (~$100).

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Actually 5-10 RWHP on a stock motor, 10-15 RWHP on a NA motor and 20-25 RWHP on a medium boost 5.O [Big Grin] It has a CARB number for the smog nazi's and I think 93PONY covered the rest of it [Wink]
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Never seen ANYTHING good come from anyone using that cam in person.

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

5project stang0
¯
Member # 2082

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5project stang0  Ford pictures for 5project stang0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well you havnt seen much [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, Torque is how far you take the wall with you."

1989 bronco with a 8 inch lift...GONE
1972 camaro split bumper....GONE
1994 bagged and shaved s10....GONE
1989 mustang....GONE
whats next?

Posts: 887 | From: Livermore, Ca | Registered: Nov 2002  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That would be "incorrect"

--------------------

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the E-303 is like the 'magic' cam.

passes smog, makes every conceivable combo faster!

almost as good as the B-303 cam [patriot] [patriot]

[ January 19, 2003, 07:49 PM: Message edited by: shade-tree ]

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I can tell i got more HP wit my E cam.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 2 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
Never seen ANYTHING good come from anyone using that cam in person.

You need to take a step back and look at the big picture if you think that just the cam was killing what ever weak E-cam combo you saw. Lets face it, the E cam has been always a proven boost over the stock cam no matter what the combo. Its the "duct tape" of cams. You can use it everywhere and on everything because it simply works [Big Grin] No one is saying there aren't better ways of fixing things than with duct tape though.

Drew here has one of the fastest all motor 302's around and he runs the E cam. Is the "secret" to his sucess the E cam? No. Is the bottle neck in his combo the E cam? Not anymore so than any of the half dozen bottle necks one can come up with.

I know this isn't a car you can see in person, but its well documented so check out this "simple" E cam combo:

http://www.alternativeauto.com/cars/dennis.html

Secret to his sucess the E cam? No. Is the bottle neck in his combo the E cam? Not anymore so than any of the half dozen bottle necks one can come up with. The E cam gave him the expect .1 to .2 seconds that this cam has been proven to give countless times.

Check out what combo is ideal for the E Cam according to Buddy Rawls: http://www.cafords.com/incoming/dec02/fmscam.htm

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
A little note on Drew's E303.....
It speced out to a 222/220 110LSA. Yep, factory freak, reverse split!
It has a new home now....in some kids convertable GT40 setup. I'm sure it'll never see the MPH Drew saw with it.

--------------------
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 93PONY:
I'm sure it'll never see the MPH Drew saw with it.

And I'm sure we're both sure the reason why it'll never see the MPH Drew saw with it _won't_ be the cam.

I forgot another decent local E cam combo... rob's black LX with GT40 intake, Edelbrock 6037's and an E cam ran 107.x mph on the motor.

Elapid
GOROBGO
Member # 50

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Elapid  Ford pictures for Elapid  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
and that's on a bad crankshaft!
it has a rebuild and will be seeing the track in n/a form soon!
it also has 1.7 roller rockers, i was thinking it might be better to go with a stock ratio...

Posts: 1797 | From: Grass Valley, CA USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

The E-cam is the shit (bad) for cams that I have seen. If it worked good for some, GREAT! I have seen many people get far better results (on the dyno) with different cams and have less idle, etc problems with them.

--------------------

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

quote:
Originally posted by rob:
and that's on a bad crankshaft!
it has a rebuild and will be seeing the track in n/a form soon!
it also has 1.7 roller rockers, i was thinking it might be better to go with a stock ratio...

The E responds better to 1.7's.
Retard it a few degrees this time. It'll pick up more midrange & top-end.

But I agree with hidnn.o.s....there are FAR beter cams out there....just not for the price.

[ January 20, 2003, 12:42 PM: Message edited by: 93PONY ]

--------------------
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Stimson
_
Member # 51

hidnn.o.s-- you're still missing the big picture here. Trust me, the reason those cars had poor idles and ran weak wasn't the E cam's fault.
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

quote:
Originally posted by st5150:
Trust me, the reason those cars had poor idles and ran weak wasn't the E cam's fault.

You get the honorary [BS flag] flag for that one. When "nothing" is swapped but the cam and then put back on the dyno at RPM (in Rohnert Park) and there is a world of difference in power and driveability that would sure lead you to be sure it was the cam. Those cams are NOT good. Duct tape is a good way to describe them.

I have seen quite a few people have terrible problems with that cam. We are all friends with Brad and Martine down the street at RPM so dyno time comes quite often (not free of course).

Just my experiences with the cams. If you like them then buy one and have a good day [Big Grin]

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com