Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Wiring harness for a 94-95 Cobra

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Wiring harness for a 94-95 Cobra
Rebel79
¯
Member # 31

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rebel79  Ford pictures for Rebel79  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
As Dan Starkey and his brother Mike were tearing down my motor, they found that my main wiring harness was burned about lhalf way through. SO my question is this.... is there a difference between the wiring harness(es) for the 94-95 GT and the Cobra?

Where is the best place to buy a new harness for cheap?

--------------------
1994 Mustang Cobra

308, Vortech S-trim 11psi, E-303, ported GT-40 heads, port matched intake, 70mm TB, 80mm MAF, MSD 6AL & BTM, and several other goodies.

Founder of Rebel Racing

Posts: 48 | From: Concord, CA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  :
StoplightWarrior
¯
Member # 211

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for StoplightWarrior  Ford pictures for StoplightWarrior        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dan didnt know the answer to this question?

BTW, Scott, once you get this thing running again, I'll have something for you [Wink]

--------------------
2000 GT
couple bolt ons

Check out the website: peep it

Posts: 2952 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wow, what part of the wiring harness was burnt? Did you have any 'custom' or aftermarket wiring/electronics in the car? As for differences between the wiring harnesses, I can't think of any... except for maybe Fog lights? Best way to find out is to call Ford and see if the part numbers are the same.
Rebel79
¯
Member # 31

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rebel79  Ford pictures for Rebel79  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The only custom wiring was for the ignition and the fog lights (aftermarket fogs). I saw where it was burned but don't know where it went on the motor. I'll post a pic when I get my camera back. [Wink]

I was planning on calling my buddy at Ford on Tuesday but was hoping ot not wait that long. [Wink]

--------------------
1994 Mustang Cobra

308, Vortech S-trim 11psi, E-303, ported GT-40 heads, port matched intake, 70mm TB, 80mm MAF, MSD 6AL & BTM, and several other goodies.

Founder of Rebel Racing

yellow95gt
¯
Member # 1420

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for yellow95gt  Ford pictures for yellow95gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I know there are differences, but I am not sure exactly what they are. I do know that both of these are very sensative when it comes to some mods like a cam, and sometimes aven certain maf. But I have also been told that the gt is friendlier as far as mods go.
Rebel79
¯
Member # 31

Here is a pic of the burnt harness.

-

--------------------
1994 Mustang Cobra

Founder of Rebel Racing

Rebel79
¯
Member # 31

OK I found the Ford part number, F4ZZ12A581B and its the same for the GT and the Cobra. However Ford wants $1000 for the part! OUCH! I have to find a used one somewhere!

--------------------
1994 Mustang Cobra

Founder of Rebel Racing

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah, I couldn't imagine the part numbers being different. Have you tried local wrecking yards? Action Auto Wreckers in Santa Clara? What about Mustang Parts Specialties in Georgia?

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com