Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » need help w/ poor mans 5 lug conversion

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: need help w/ poor mans 5 lug conversion
3xblack GT
¯
Member # 1185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 3xblack GT  Ford pictures for 3xblack GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
my boy got a 92 lx...he bought all the parts to do the 5 lug(ranger and lincoln parts)...he is not mechanically inclined so if anyone here is familar with the set-up and can lend a hand or two, he will greatly appreciate it...give me a price and i will let him know...thanks in advance
mustangcam302
¯
Member # 2315

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mustangcam302  Ford pictures for mustangcam302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ok, you need two ranger axles (passenger side i believe), and then the discs, mounting brackets, calipers are from the Mark VII. Now, when it comes to mounting the discs, you flip the brackets (left bracket goes on the right side, right bracket goes on the left side.) They got this over on stangnet, i remember it from a long time ago, BLACK306 has it on his site. Hope this helps....price....go to a pick your parts yard, and put a rear end together if ya want (gears from a turbo coupe, housing from a stang, and axles from ranger) for cheap.
Posts: 163 | From: San Diego CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :
90LX
¯
Member # 1487

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90LX  Ford pictures for 90LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
THe axles you need are driver side ranger axles and drums. I just did it to my buddies car.I also did it to mine with rear cobra disks. All you do is pull the dif cover, pull the retaining pin in the carrier. Let c clips fall out, pull out old axles and insert new ones. Put it back together the way you toke it apart. The front all you need is mark VII rotors. The mustang caliper will work but not as good as the mark VII. Just pull the calpier off then the rotor and replace with the new rotor and that is really it. If you go with the lincoln caliper you also need the pads for them. the mustangs are not the same. Sorry for the long post. If he needs someone to doit I can but I live in San Jose.
3xblack GT
¯
Member # 1185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 3xblack GT  Ford pictures for 3xblack GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thanks for all your help...90lx check pm
90LX
¯
Member # 1487

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90LX  Ford pictures for 90LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sent you a PM back 3xblack GT
SWANGaLANGIN_50
¯
Member # 2061

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SWANGaLANGIN_50  Ford pictures for SWANGaLANGIN_50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey 90Lx...
You have PM/eMail.

--------------------
http://www.cafords.com/cgi-bin/album.pl?album=00002061

Posts: 141 | From: East Bay, CA | Registered: Nov 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com