Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » 35hp to the Rear Wheels!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 35hp to the Rear Wheels!
OFFROAD PIPE
¯
Member # 1607

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for OFFROAD PIPE  Ford pictures for OFFROAD PIPE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was reading through the brothers catalog, and a throttle body for the 03 Cobra throws down an extra 35? Does anyone know if this is true? [Eek!]

--------------------
ARGUING ON THE INTERNET IS LIKE THE SPECIAL OLYMPICS, EVEN IF YOU WIN, YOURE STILL RETARDED.

Posts: 864 | From: Anaheim Hills, | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
OFFROAD PIPE
¯
Member # 1607

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for OFFROAD PIPE  Ford pictures for OFFROAD PIPE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Did I post in the wrong place? Sorry. [Razz]

--------------------
ARGUING ON THE INTERNET IS LIKE THE SPECIAL OLYMPICS, EVEN IF YOU WIN, YOURE STILL RETARDED.

Chris C.
¯
Member # 1949

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris C.  Ford pictures for Chris C.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I wouldn't doubt it... just a catback with an X or H pipe adds A LOT too. [patriot]

--------------------
-1990 Coupe

Posts: 636 | From: San Jose, Ca | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I personally doubt that highly.

The exhaust gains are well documented, however.
So are the chip+pulley upgrades [Big Grin]

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

SIR mullet welder boy
¯
Member # 2036

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SIR mullet welder boy  Ford pictures for SIR mullet welder boy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
new avitar

--------------------
If it looks like a duck, and talks like a duck I can sell it a welding machine

cobraman_1994
¯
Member # 467

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobraman_1994  Ford pictures for cobraman_1994    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by silvergt99:
I was reading through the brothers catalog, and a throttle body for the 03 Cobra throws down an extra 35? Does anyone know if this is true? [Eek!]

mabey it does when the rest of the normal mods are done on the car. but thats a huge mabey [BS flag]

--------------------
86 GT

Posts: 4882 | From: eldorado hills | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
96Forged281
¯
Member # 2158

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 96Forged281  Ford pictures for 96Forged281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
a 03 cobra TB on what kind of car for this 35rwhp gain cause a bigger TB unless you are charged isnt worth anything really at all, so again what car gained 35rwhp when putting on the 03 TB

--------------------
96 Stang GT Convertible Looks Stock =)

OFFROAD PIPE
¯
Member # 1607

quote:
Originally posted by 96Forged281:
a 03 cobra TB on what kind of car for this 35rwhp gain cause a bigger TB unless you are charged isnt worth anything really at all, so again what car gained 35rwhp when putting on the 03 TB

No No, sorry, the bbk twin 62 mm was tested on the 03 Cobra and they "reported" that gain. [patriot]

--------------------

5project stang0
¯
Member # 2082

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5project stang0  Ford pictures for 5project stang0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by silvergt99:

35 horsepower!??!?! thats like substituting a [Big Grin] honda civic with ur throttle body!

--------------------
"Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, Torque is how far you take the wall with you."

1989 bronco with a 8 inch lift...GONE
1972 camaro split bumper....GONE
1994 bagged and shaved s10....GONE
1989 mustang....GONE
whats next?

Posts: 887 | From: Livermore, Ca | Registered: Nov 2002  |  :
DropTopFox
drama
Member # 1689

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DropTopFox  Ford pictures for DropTopFox    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
damn everything is so damn restrictive on the 03 cobra if you touch it with an after market par it gains ridiculous HP. [worship]

--------------------
Go out and do something for yourself today everyone, quit depending on others

-Me
http://www.CaliforniaFords.com/cgi-bin/album.pl?album=00001689

Posts: 4003 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
4RS FED
¯
Member # 2067

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4RS FED  Ford pictures for 4RS FED  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SIR mullet welder boy:
new avitar

what the hell does that have to do with anything??

--------------------
i have a twin turbo mustang and you don't!

eddiej50
¯
Member # 1169

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for eddiej50  Ford pictures for eddiej50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
damn long ass names /\
166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 166 Merlo  Ford pictures for 166 Merlo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
U guys see the new 5.0 mag? The Twin Screw Kenne Bell charger and bazooka made over 600hp with the 2.66 pulley. [Eek!]

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

mustangcam302
¯
Member # 2315

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mustangcam302  Ford pictures for mustangcam302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://www.kennebell.net/superchargers/ford/cobra03/cobra03.htm

[worship] Should make for lots o fun!!!!

Posts: 163 | From: San Diego CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :
BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've seen the yellow Kenne-Bell '03 Cobra run at Sac Raceway....I dont have the mag. yet but I talked to the owner of the car and he said he bought the '03 and gave it to Kenne Bell for 2 months...He ran a best of 11.99 at like 119mph..(low 12's most of the day)That seems like a little over 425rwhp to me....try2paz noticed he had stock injectors too!!..The owner said he was only running at 18psi of boost and that when Kenne Bell dynoed the car at 600+hp It was at 22psi of boost!!!!!!!....hhmmmmmmm? [Confused]

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
street_illegal_stang
¯
Member # 1554

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for street_illegal_stang  Ford pictures for street_illegal_stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
35 horsepower!??!?! thats like substituting a [Big Grin] honda civic with ur throttle body![/QB][/QUOTE]

lol,a honda powered throttle body? [Big Grin] lmao!

[ January 15, 2003, 02:34 AM: Message edited by: street_illegal_stang ]

Posts: 1276 | From: Long Beach C.A | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
OFFROAD PIPE
¯
Member # 1607

quote:
Originally posted by street_illegal_stang:
35 horsepower!??!?! thats like substituting a [Big Grin] honda civic with ur throttle body!

lol,a honda powered throttle body? [Big Grin] lmao![/QB][/QUOTE]
That would be cool! hahahaha [Big Grin]

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com