Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » ET Streets

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: ET Streets
93mustangt
¯
Member # 680

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93mustangt  Ford pictures for 93mustangt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I bought a pair of Et streets and weld draglites they are 28/11.50/15 i know i have to take out the quad shocks but when i put them on it seemed as the wheel studs werent lond enough i couldnt get a lug on there.Am i suppose to change wheel studs.And as far as i know the rims are 15/7 or 8 with a 4 1/2 backspacing thanks alot.Mike
Posts: 543 | From: Orange county, Ca | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
TRY2PAZ
¯
Member # 97

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRY2PAZ  Ford pictures for TRY2PAZ  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yes you are sipposed to, but you can get by without them. Moroso makes some longer studs that work great.

If you can not get at leat 6 turns with the nut, I would buy longer ones [Wink]

--------------------
http://www.fnsweet.com/pics/events/sj_gtg_1020/sj_gtg1020_30.jpg

Posts: 4033 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
93mustangt
¯
Member # 680

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93mustangt  Ford pictures for 93mustangt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey thanks for the info by any chance would you know the size wheel stud i would need or what the stock length is cause im going to order some.I think another half an inch would be perfect.thanks again
Posts: 543 | From: Orange county, Ca | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Team SOLO  Ford pictures for Team SOLO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you can just buy the proper lug nuts for the rims that insert inside the rim. you can get away without buying the longer wheel studs now...but its much safer to have the longer wheel studs. i've seen quite a lot of mustangs launch then you see the wheel n tire take off down the track without the car [Frown]

i'm a hypocrit cuz i ran slicks and stock axles, only thing done to rear was gears. i was launching at 4 grand on the transbrake and had the nitrous wired to the brake hehehe

--------------------
'88 Mustang Coupe: 8.02 @ 170

Posts: 3887 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
OFFROAD PIPE
¯
Member # 1607

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for OFFROAD PIPE  Ford pictures for OFFROAD PIPE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey Mike, WTF is up with your phone? Give me your new number. [patriot]

--------------------
ARGUING ON THE INTERNET IS LIKE THE SPECIAL OLYMPICS, EVEN IF YOU WIN, YOURE STILL RETARDED.

Posts: 864 | From: Anaheim Hills, | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com