Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Spring Question

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Spring Question
OFFROAD PIPE
¯
Member # 1607

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for OFFROAD PIPE  Ford pictures for OFFROAD PIPE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a 99 gt convertible. I prefer traction off the line more than being low. I was thinking maybe V6 springs, or maybe controll arms and steeda sport springs. What do you guys think? [patriot]

--------------------
ARGUING ON THE INTERNET IS LIKE THE SPECIAL OLYMPICS, EVEN IF YOU WIN, YOURE STILL RETARDED.

Posts: 864 | From: Anaheim Hills, | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 3 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Tires are and will be the limiting factor as far as straight line traction goes until you start digging into the 1.6X 60 ft range.
OFFROAD PIPE
¯
Member # 1607

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for OFFROAD PIPE  Ford pictures for OFFROAD PIPE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by st5150:
Tires are and will be the limiting factor as far as straight line traction goes until you start digging into the 1.6X 60 ft range.

Thanks..... [patriot] [patriot]

--------------------
ARGUING ON THE INTERNET IS LIKE THE SPECIAL OLYMPICS, EVEN IF YOU WIN, YOURE STILL RETARDED.

Primer GR40
¯
Member # 476

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Primer GR40  Ford pictures for Primer GR40  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looking at your avator, I think the best solution would be to keep a keg inyour trunk. That would kill two birds with one stone> [Big Grin]

--------------------
Superdupercharged Cobra
No Transmatic Notch

OFFROAD PIPE
¯
Member # 1607

quote:
Originally posted by Blown Mystic:
Looking at your avator, I think the best solution would be to keep a keg inyour trunk. That would kill two birds with one stone> [Big Grin]

HELL YES!

--------------------

liftedF150
¯
Member # 868

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for liftedF150  Ford pictures for liftedF150    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Looking at your avator, I think the best solution would be to keep a keg inyour trunk. That would kill two birds with one stone>

hahahhahahaha thats a good idea!

--------------------
GO SHARKS!

Posts: 3259 | From: Discovery Bay | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
mustangcam302
¯
Member # 2315

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mustangcam302  Ford pictures for mustangcam302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I can see where u are commin from with the spring idea. I myself am usin 4cyl springs in the front and GT springs in the rear, and it is givin me some nice transfer. All i can say is give it a shot...put the V6 springs in the front and keep the GTs in the rear....that way u get the transfer goin. And hey, worse come worse, u gotta put the stock GT springs back up front [Smile]
Posts: 163 | From: San Diego CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com