Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » E303 Cam and Speed Density (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: E303 Cam and Speed Density
JohnCM
CAFords OG
Member # 1076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnCM  Ford pictures for JohnCM    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Alright, Who knows a cheap fix until I can get the mass air conversion done?

Other than degreeing the cam....... [Confused]

Posts: 3545 | From: Roseville | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Clark The Slut:

Other than degreeing the cam....... [Confused]

WTF are you talking about? You should degree every cam that you put in. That isn't a band aid for a mass air system

[Confused]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

JohnCM
CAFords OG
Member # 1076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnCM  Ford pictures for JohnCM    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Cam is already degreed, but ugh. Hard to type right now.

Speed Density and E303 Cam isn't workin' out as far as idle goes. Is there something I can do to make the idle a little bit better until do the mass air conversion next week? I gotta drive my baby. [patriot]

Drew B
¯
Member # 698

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Drew B  Ford pictures for Drew B  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
nothing you can do get the mass air.

--------------------
AKA.GR40coupe

jayl
¯
Member # 185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jayl  Ford pictures for jayl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
two solutions

1. gimme that cam [dance]

2. i got a A9L with one of the wires needed for mass air conversion you can buy off me. just let me know

--------------------
Facebook.com/TeamTemporary
8.5's TTFBitch!

SlowStockFox
Stock Fox
Member # 1081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SlowStockFox  Ford pictures for SlowStockFox  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
how much for the a9l want to trade for a stock one and some money. ill tell you in a bit witch one it is. thanks [patriot]

--------------------
i walk around....dont drink and drive

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a harness available that would enable you to keep your stock computer. It goes from the mass air to the computer. $75

--------------------

JohnCM
CAFords OG
Member # 1076

quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
I have a harness available that would enable you to keep your stock computer. It goes from the mass air to the computer. $75

Wait now, So I could keep the Speed Density computer? [Confused]
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Tighten the idle screw until you get a nice 1500 RPM idle.
SlowStockFox
Stock Fox
Member # 1081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SlowStockFox  Ford pictures for SlowStockFox  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
its already turned up. but how much for the computer jayl{i think thats your name}

--------------------

SlowStockFox
Stock Fox
Member # 1081

i got a 3cw. [patriot]

--------------------

jayl
¯
Member # 185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jayl  Ford pictures for jayl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
check pms

--------------------
Facebook.com/TeamTemporary
8.5's TTFBitch!

the50ho
THE50HO
Member # 73

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for the50ho  Ford pictures for the50ho    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
anyone that tells you you can't run an e-cam (with stock heads and injectors) on a speed density system, is a liar. I've seen it done many times.

--------------------
Too many motorcycles...and now a destroyed arm from Motocross...brrraaappp

Posts: 4056 | From: Roseville, Ca (Sacramento) | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
WIKD 281
CaliforniaFords.com
Owner
Member # 40

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WIKD 281  Ford pictures for WIKD 281  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Off to tech. talk...>

[ January 08, 2003, 06:15 AM: Message edited by: WIKD 281 ]

--------------------
----------------------------------
Faster than most, slower than less.

JohnCM
CAFords OG
Member # 1076

Well Jack it'w working, But the idle is terrible. I just wanted to kinda do a quick fix until I can get the mass air conversion done and the end of next week.

quote:
Tighten the idle screw until you get a nice 1500 RPM idle.
Thanks [patriot]
Mikal
¯
Member # 652

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mikal  Ford pictures for Mikal    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
tune it.

email me.
whipplecharged5o@aol.com

chosen1
¯
Member # 1906

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for chosen1  Ford pictures for chosen1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
there are kits that will allow you to piggy back a mass air meter into your stock sd computer. its under $100 bucks. or...you can switch to carb! [Cool]

--------------------
1967 Fastback. Should go 10's -but doesn't
1993 Cobra
2003 Suzuki SVS
1966 Coupe -For Sale

cobraman_1994
¯
Member # 467

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobraman_1994  Ford pictures for cobraman_1994    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
clark, have some patience and stick with your daily driver for another week. its only a week [Smile]

--------------------
86 GT

Posts: 4882 | From: eldorado hills | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

quote:
Originally posted by cobraman1994:
clark, have some patience and stick with your daily driver for another week. its only a week [Smile]

[patriot]

--------------------

JohnCM
CAFords OG
Member # 1076

I've been waiting too long. That's why I always give you a hard time about not making up your mind. I don't understand how you can do it! [Confused]

I'm about to go drive mine around the block to get it out of my system.

shadow50
¯
Member # 2265

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for shadow50  Ford pictures for shadow50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I dunno about the speed density problem,
But if your idle problem still persists after the mass air conversion...

In "Ask Bernie" of MMFF the suggestion is made to drill a 1/4" hole in the butterfly of your throttlebody. ( take the butterfly out before drilling!)

I did it on my new motor with e303 and it smoothed out the problem. She idles great.

Never had a balanced motor before, damn she revs.!!

Mark 84 - 92 efi conversion in progress. [Eek!]

--------------------
84 5.0 vertible balanced . E303 cam,MSD Dist, BBK Shorties,
BBK cold air intake, Flowmaster Exhaust, 89 Saleen body kit, T-5 swap 92 EFI conversion.

Posts: 44 | From: Pleasant Hill | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :
stanger91
¯
Member # 397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stanger91  Ford pictures for stanger91  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sometimes the e-cam doesnt idle right, there is a surging problem with that cam...

--------------------
E.T 12.314@126.300

Posts: 778 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Aug 2001  |  :
mustangcam302
¯
Member # 2315

Ford Icon 3 posted      Profile for mustangcam302  Ford pictures for mustangcam302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
People have done the e-cam swap into SD cars for awhile now...it just take some good tunin, messin with the idle screw, TPS, and even fuel psi. But the best way to go is to dump the cam and go with a SD friendly cam, somethin with like a 114ls, SD cars need to have plenty of vac at idle, its the basis of how the car operates, due to no MAF system. I really dont know why people tend to bag on SD cars, they actually perform better than MAF cars stock, and even with mods(headers, exhaust, heads, intake,etc...), i mean most DFI systems run off the SD logic. GOOD LUCK, and let me know if ya have anymore questions
Posts: 163 | From: San Diego CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :
JohnCM
CAFords OG
Member # 1076

quote:
Originally posted by mustangcam302:
People have done the e-cam swap into SD cars for awhile now...it just take some good tunin, messin with the idle screw, TPS, and even fuel psi. But the best way to go is to dump the cam and go with a SD friendly cam, somethin with like a 114ls, SD cars need to have plenty of vac at idle, its the basis of how the car operates, due to no MAF system. I really dont know why people tend to bag on SD cars, they actually perform better than MAF cars stock, and even with mods(headers, exhaust, heads, intake,etc...), i mean most DFI systems run off the SD logic. GOOD LUCK, and let me know if ya have anymore questions

Thanks man! [Eek!] [worship] But I'll be doing a mass air conversion in, 2 days... [patriot]
mustangcam302
¯
Member # 2315

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for mustangcam302  Ford pictures for mustangcam302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
not a prob, i just like to let guys know that u dont have to go the MAF route, good luck on the swap!
Posts: 163 | From: San Diego CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com