Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Why dont foxes have rev limiters?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Why dont foxes have rev limiters?
Blk 93 Snake
¯
Member # 2271

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blk 93 Snake  Ford pictures for Blk 93 Snake    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I noticed that in first gear its real easy to rev the car too far. It just gets there so fast. Im kinda afraid i might hurt the engine.

--------------------
1993 Mustang Cobra #3234
Black Exterior with Gray Interior
Eibach Pro Kit Springs (inch and a half drop)
K&N

Drew B
¯
Member # 698

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Drew B  Ford pictures for Drew B  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
they do 6200 the fuel shuts off not good to do.

--------------------
AKA.GR40coupe

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you can easily mechanically overrev your engine with a downshift from high speeds, in spite of the electronic limiter at 6250 (in an EEC-IV system) that pulls fuel.

Just what you don't want, super-lean conditions at high rpms [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

91 5.0
¯
Member # 1527

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91 5.0  Ford pictures for 91 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yeah, 6250. Ive hit it a few times. Not good!!

--------------------
02 GT - Zinc Yellow
91 5.0 LX - Red

Posts: 1316 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
Blk 93 Snake
¯
Member # 2271

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blk 93 Snake  Ford pictures for Blk 93 Snake    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I know its not good. Thats why im kinda pissed at my self. That car is my baby and i dont want to hurt her.
[Mad]

--------------------
1993 Mustang Cobra #3234
K&N

91 5.0
¯
Member # 1527

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91 5.0  Ford pictures for 91 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you could get an MSD rev limiter. Then you can set it where ever you want.

--------------------
02 GT - Zinc Yellow
91 5.0 LX - Red

Posts: 1316 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
Blk 93 Snake
¯
Member # 2271

quote:
Originally posted by 91 5.0:

Ya, ill probably do that. Set it at 6000, or 6050.

--------------------
1993 Mustang Cobra #3234
K&N

03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SVTPower  Ford pictures for 03SVTPower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Am i missing something here? The car is your baby. If you baby your car, you wouldnt feel like you have to hit 6200 rpms everytime you take off in 1st... [Roll Eyes] [Confused]

Dont mean to come off as a Dick... [Big Grin]

--------------------
2003 Redfire "AED" Cobra R.I.P

Blk 93 Snake
¯
Member # 2271

quote:
Originally posted by 98StangPower:
Am i missing something here? The car is your baby. If you baby your car, you wouldnt feel like you have to hit 6200 rpms everytime you take off in 1st... [Roll Eyes] [Confused]

Dont mean to come off as a Dick... [Big Grin]

Its not everytime. This is the first time, and i was next to an monte carlo ss (newer on)that kept on reving at me. So i let him see what my tail lights look like.

--------------------
1993 Mustang Cobra #3234
K&N

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
monte carlo SS? am I missing something? you should be able to dust those POS's at half throttle and skipping gears!

(seriously!)

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

Blk 93 Snake
¯
Member # 2271

quote:
Originally posted by shade-tree:
monte carlo SS? am I missing something? you should be able to dust those POS's at half throttle and skipping gears!

(seriously!)

I never said i had a problem. Just got on it hard and in first just went a little too high. I smoked him by at least 8 cars. I just have to get used to first.

[ January 03, 2003, 09:22 PM: Message edited by: Blk 93 Snake ]

--------------------
1993 Mustang Cobra #3234
K&N

JohnCM
CAFords OG
Member # 1076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnCM  Ford pictures for JohnCM    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think I bent a valve by going to high of RPM's... [Eek!] [Frown]
Posts: 3545 | From: Roseville | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 91 5.0:

[patriot]

Set it to 5500 though. No need to go higher unless you are blown or have the motor for it.

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

Elapid
GOROBGO
Member # 50

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elapid  Ford pictures for Elapid  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
set the rev limiter up as high as you can, out of the way, so to speak. if you hit the rev limiter in a race, you're pretty much done for. you set the shift light at your shift RPM and try to stay off the limiter.

i have accidentally shifted from the top of 2nd gear to 1st gear at the track...it ain't pretty! motor seemed fine, tho!

good luck!

--------------------
98 Cobra
83 Notch rolling chassis - fs

Posts: 1797 | From: Grass Valley, CA USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
Drew B
¯
Member # 698

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Drew B  Ford pictures for Drew B  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hey man your car doesn't pull to 6,000 grand.

--------------------
AKA.GR40coupe

5project stang0
¯
Member # 2082

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5project stang0  Ford pictures for 5project stang0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Clark The Slut:
I think I bent a valve by going to high of RPM's... [Eek!] [Frown]

was this after u finished ur motor? if so, that sucks man, hopefully it has a warranty from the guy that built it

--------------------
"Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, Torque is how far you take the wall with you."

1989 bronco with a 8 inch lift...GONE
1972 camaro split bumper....GONE
1994 bagged and shaved s10....GONE
1989 mustang....GONE
whats next?

Posts: 887 | From: Livermore, Ca | Registered: Nov 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com