Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Underdrive pulley install

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Underdrive pulley install
j0eyabs
¯
Member # 1026

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for j0eyabs  Ford pictures for j0eyabs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Anyone ever install underdrive pulleys in their 5.0? I have a 90 5.0 and i want my underdrive pulleys instaled. I just want the crank and waterpump pulley installed now, ill do the alternator later when i get a bigger alt. Can anyone here do it for me, if so how much do you want? I live in San Leandro so id like to go somewhere nearby
thanks

Posts: 767 | From: California | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
5.0Brian
¯
Member # 262

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.0Brian  Ford pictures for 5.0Brian    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It's very easy to do, you should give it a shot. Or do you not have access to any tools? If not, I'm sure someone could slap those on there in a few minutes for you. You'll also need to get a new belt.

--------------------
Brian

---Rest In Peace Miles Werho-Dec. 8 2002---

Posts: 561 | From: Antioch, CA | Registered: May 2001  |  :
j0eyabs
¯
Member # 1026

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for j0eyabs  Ford pictures for j0eyabs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
no i dont have a good tool set, also i can use the factory belt according to the manufaturer and ford.
Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i'll do it for 10 bucks if you come to my house(pinole).

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

j0eyabs
¯
Member # 1026

damn, ill do it, ill even give 20 dollars, could you do it on a saturday oe sunday say 1 week or 2 from now? also when i reinstall the pulleys i wanted to put a flexalite fan on it, would that be a problem?
Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sure thing. just PM me
302n/a
¯
Member # 1465

Ford Icon 9 posted      Profile for 302n/a  Ford pictures for 302n/a    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hey man thanks for doing his but not mine

--------------------
Raiders A's Warriors Sharks

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 281n/a:
hey man thanks for doing his but not mine

4.6's are a little more difficult. You need a pulley-puller.

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
flatacid
¯
Member # 878

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for flatacid  Ford pictures for flatacid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what kinda pulleys are they? just alittle heads up. with my fms, i had to change the alt pulley, or else the stock belt wouldn't fit. and you need an impact wrench for the alt pulley.

--------------------
89 mustang gt w/ t5

j0eyabs
¯
Member # 1026

they are made by hawks racing.
street_illegal_stang
¯
Member # 1554

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for street_illegal_stang  Ford pictures for street_illegal_stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i got hawks racing pullies.
i used and i'm still using the stock serpentine belt with the pullies,i think you'll have no problem.they work great when you get full exhaust
and a 70mm or bigger mass air sensor.
[burnout]

[ December 30, 2002, 08:57 PM: Message edited by: street_illegal_stang ]

Posts: 1276 | From: Long Beach C.A | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
rnowacki
¯
Member # 686

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rnowacki  Ford pictures for rnowacki    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just pull the alternator and bring it down to Kregans and they'll use their impact wrench on it to switch the pullies for free. That is the cheapest way. That is the easiest thing I've ever installed...even easier then cold air, give it a try.

--------------------
AFR 165 heads, FRPP headers, MM Road & Track Suspension plus Torque-arm, 13" Baer's.

Posts: 52 | From: Discovery Bay, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
j0eyabs
¯
Member # 1026

i already got a 70mm air meter and a cat back exhaust. I wanted to wait on installing the alternatort pulley cause i still have the stock alternator and i know it wont support my accesories with the different pulley. also i cant do the install my self because i dont have a vast majority of tools, espceially since the new pulley came with allen head bolts and the instructions say to use their bolts and not the stock ones.
5project stang0
¯
Member # 2082

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5project stang0  Ford pictures for 5project stang0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Listen up everybody, hungryhippo has volunteered to install everybody's underdrive pulleys! [Big Grin] [patriot]

--------------------
"Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, Torque is how far you take the wall with you."

1989 bronco with a 8 inch lift...GONE
1972 camaro split bumper....GONE
1994 bagged and shaved s10....GONE
1989 mustang....GONE
whats next?

Posts: 887 | From: Livermore, Ca | Registered: Nov 2002  |  :
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if you're stuck or if people flake I'll be wrenching on my car this weekend and feel free to stop by. I'd be surprised if it took us 15 minutes (air tools) from popping the hood to shutting it.

you bought the 70mm MAF from me a while back, perhaps you still remember where I live...

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

j0eyabs
¯
Member # 1026

i kinds remember the general area, ill take you up on your offer if the other guy changes his mind.
thanks

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com