Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » car audio help

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: car audio help
ash
¯
Member # 1523

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ash  Ford pictures for ash    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hey all car audio gurus..i think im going to change out my whole sound system to something different. i have the mach 6disc indash (premium) system in my car. so i need to know the sizes of the speakers in:

rear
door
tweeters

also...any recommendation on what brand? i want evrything to match. i was thinking of either alpine or pioneer. also...these are the 2 decks im considering, which would u choose?

pioneer

alpine

also...any bay area shops u recommend? thanks!! [patriot]

--------------------
04 gixxer 600
01 gt buncha stuff.

Primer GR40
¯
Member # 476

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Primer GR40  Ford pictures for Primer GR40  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-WASFzUo18Cq/cgi-bin/autoinfo/autoinfo.asp?lp=%2Fcgi%2Dbin%2FS-WASFzUo18Cq%2FProdMenu%2Easp%3Fc%3D10%26s%3D0

--------------------
Superdupercharged Cobra
No Transmatic Notch

Mean2001GT
¯
Member # 1750

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mean2001GT  Ford pictures for Mean2001GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the sizes are 5x7 front and rear. i have two 10s in the trunk of my 01 with the stock stereo and it sounds great. i got them 2 for 1 at crutchfield.com , they are the polk audio ones and i love them. if you wanted to replace all the speakers i would go with boston speakers all around, they sounds so great and they are not too expensive, like 100 or so a pair. the 5x7 are nice, but they do not put out as much bass as the 6 1/2s. i personally would go with 6 1/2 everywhere and a sub in the trunk. i don't know what your price range is, but going with component speakers will sound better, but it is considerably more expensive.
Posts: 158 | From: San Ramon, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com