Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » where to get new 5.0 engine/install?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: where to get new 5.0 engine/install?
comptechgsr
¯
Member # 2214

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for comptechgsr  Ford pictures for comptechgsr  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if any of y'all have replaced ur 5.0 engine (for a stock 5.0 unit/t5) where have you gotten your motors?
also, if u didnt go DIY, where did you get it installed?

any shops carry/specialize in their own motors? or at least can order and install some engines for you?

thanks

newbie 5.0er

--------------------
im gettin a 5.0!

Posts: 11 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2002  |  :
4RS FED
¯
Member # 2067

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4RS FED  Ford pictures for 4RS FED  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
call bayshore engine in san francisco. ask for dave. 415-647-9575...mild to wild... engine only or install what ever you chose.....

--------------------
i have a twin turbo mustang and you don't!

HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Depends on wheter you are buying new or used.you can have yours rebuilt or you can buy a new longblock and use your existing accesories.if you need it installed call me at 408-420-3003
Posts: 22472 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
comptechgsr
¯
Member # 2214

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for comptechgsr  Ford pictures for comptechgsr  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what's the going rate for a "new 5.0" etc...
just engine price--

also, what are some good "motor" alternatives...
the car im looking at has a semi-stock 5.0 engine with ~150,000 miles. im not so sure about the reliability, but just wanna make sure i have a place to go to in case the motor does fall apart

and

~avg. price of a rebuild etc.

if anything, i'm down to pay etc/get an instructional on how to install the engine etc...

--------------------
im gettin a 5.0!

Posts: 11 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2002  |  :
BlackDrop50
¯
Member # 1715

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackDrop50  Ford pictures for BlackDrop50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
With 150k, OTHER things BESIDES the engine are surely going to need to be replaced, repaired, or rebuilt.

I advise looking for a STOCK(or near stock), LOW MILEAGE 5.0

Typical things that tend to go bad on 5.0s:
Fan/Fan Clutch
Heater Core
Rear End
Ashtray Door
Oil Leaks

Posts: 1379 | From: 510 East Bay | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BlackDrop50:
With 150k, OTHER things BESIDES the engine are surely going to need to be replaced, repaired, or rebuilt.

Fan/Fan Clutch
Heater Core
Rear End
Ashtray Door
Oil Leaks

None of that happened to fail YEtat 123k But had major issues with water pump & PS Pump [Mad]

--------------------
.:: FANATICS ::.

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
5project stang0
¯
Member # 2082

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5project stang0  Ford pictures for 5project stang0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
auto tech in pleasanton. VERY GOOD, EFFICIANT, and quality work. good price also, the number is (925)426 5326 and they are off of stanley boulevard. I highly recomend them. [patriot]

--------------------
"Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, Torque is how far you take the wall with you."

1989 bronco with a 8 inch lift...GONE
1972 camaro split bumper....GONE
1994 bagged and shaved s10....GONE
1989 mustang....GONE
whats next?

Posts: 887 | From: Livermore, Ca | Registered: Nov 2002  |  :
5project stang0
¯
Member # 2082

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5project stang0  Ford pictures for 5project stang0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i got my brand new short block for 1k

--------------------
"Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, Torque is how far you take the wall with you."

1989 bronco with a 8 inch lift...GONE
1972 camaro split bumper....GONE
1994 bagged and shaved s10....GONE
1989 mustang....GONE
whats next?

Posts: 887 | From: Livermore, Ca | Registered: Nov 2002  |  :
BlackDrop50
¯
Member # 1715

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackDrop50  Ford pictures for BlackDrop50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by ThuGLiFe:
quote:
Originally posted by BlackDrop50:

Fan/Fan Clutch
Heater Core
Rear End
Ashtray Door
Oil Leaks

None of that happened to fail YEtat 123k But had major issues with water pump & PS Pump [Mad]
I had problems with both of those on my last 5.0, but I didn't know if they were in general or just on mine.

My water pump was leaking, which in turn messed up the radiator or something so it was leaking coolant, also my steering rack was going bad, it kept popping when I turned the wheel.

And that was on an 80k mile car.

Posts: 1379 | From: 510 East Bay | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
99gt-UJSTLST
¯
Member # 584

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 99gt-UJSTLST  Ford pictures for 99gt-UJSTLST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
done a few installs on 4.6 and 5.0 well i think I have done more 4.6 install then most people on here especially my own LOL

any ways we could just freshen up the block or you could buy a used or new block

installing well i can handle that you can be present to learn or you could just drop every thing off on friday and come monday it will be runing [Big Grin]

--------------------
SOUTH BAY STANGS
MINOR BOLT ON'S

www.southbaystangs.com

Posts: 2558 | From: SAN JOSE CA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
racercosmo
¯
Member # 1864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racercosmo  Ford pictures for racercosmo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
For the engine itself check out www.badasscars.com he is pretty reasonable and can work with you to figure out what you need.

--------------------
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

CobramanPhil
¯
Member # 2170

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for CobramanPhil  Ford pictures for CobramanPhil    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Jeez..I want to replace my old tired 5.0 out of my cobra, but with the current economy and the BIG possibility that I will be getting married in the next 1.5 years kind of negates that. I would say just freshen up the block you currently have. First thing is first...get a compression check and make sure the thing is tuned up (fuel pumps/filters are sketchy at that mileage) and when you think about it, a lot of people blow their motors just because the fuel system is not up to par and it hurts the motor. So that makes it pretty important to keep that motor alive.

I've seen 250k blown 5.0 motors running with no problems...it is all in the maintenance and tuning...

Good luck...
Phil

[ December 20, 2002, 11:25 AM: Message edited by: CobramanPhil ]

--------------------
2013 Shelby GT500
2011 Porsche 911 TurboS/AWD
2014 GSXR750
2002 GSXR750 Track Beater Bike
2016 Explorer Unlimted

Posts: 1016 | From: California, Bay Area | Registered: Dec 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com