Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » remove grill?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: remove grill?
lilstangy
¯
Member # 2183

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for lilstangy  Ford pictures for lilstangy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i was wondering how do u take the grill off of a 99 stang, also the hood vent on the v6, i wanna take that shit iff too, but i dont want to mess it up

--------------------
99 stang v6, 85/79 cj-7 jeep, just got 94 5.0,

Posts: 132 | From: Fremont. Ca | Registered: Dec 2002  |  :
Quick 88LX
¯
Member # 1950

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quick 88LX  Ford pictures for Quick 88LX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Open your hood and unbolt the 4 plastic (YES PLASTIC) screws on top of the grill in front of the coolant resivior (youll see them, there are 6 total I think but you only need to unbolt the centermost 4) Then once those are gone, pull back on the top of the grill so you can access the bottom 4 screws. Reach a LITTLE socket in there and unscrew the bottom 4 bolts. Those are a bitch so be patient. As for your hood vent, you have to take off the inner lining underneath the hood and then clip off the plastic holding the plastic vent on. Or just jamb a screw driver behind it with the hood closed and pry hard. Just watch your paint! Both come off in less than 30 minutes if you are patient.

--------------------
"Men are Made, Not Born"
Car Picture : http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/quick88lx/
Original Member #495. Can I get my number back?

Posts: 1785 | From: Fairfield, CA/Okinawa, Japan | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
lilstangy
¯
Member # 2183

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for lilstangy  Ford pictures for lilstangy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thanks bro, i just finished getting the top 4 ones off, but know going back out side to finish,l8er

--------------------
99 stang v6, 85/79 cj-7 jeep, just got 94 5.0,

Posts: 132 | From: Fremont. Ca | Registered: Dec 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com