Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Finally got my 87 stang running but.....

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Finally got my 87 stang running but.....
1CLeeN5.0
¯
Member # 2124

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1CLeeN5.0  Ford pictures for 1CLeeN5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I finally got my stang running but the problem now is that there to much gas being delivered and it's not getting burned fast enough. The gas pedle has to be pressed in order for the car to stay on. It also runs very violent, lot's of shaking. It is just messed up. [dance] Any help will be appreciated. [worship] thanks
Posts: 67 | From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Nov 2002  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Are you the guy that was being talked about earlier......running a '87 speed density EEC in a mass air car?
5150Z28
¯
Member # 232

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5150Z28  Ford pictures for 5150Z28    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey Anthony, I posted a topic about your car. The EEC (computer) that your dad put in the car if for an 87 when is should be for a 90 engine since your car has been converted to mass air. This may fix the problem.

--------------------
2007 Silver Toyota Tacoma DC PreRunner TRD Off Road
1998 Camaro Z28 - SOLD

Posts: 100 | From: Hilmar, Ca | Registered: Apr 2001  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
actually a "california" '88 EEC or any '89 to '93 5.O mustang EEC (except the '93 Cobra) will work for him.... ASSUMING that his car was converted to MASS AIR.

If there is ONLY a 1 piece black plastic/rubber tube running from the air filter box to the throttle body, then his car is Speed Density and he has the proper EEC.

5150Z28
¯
Member # 232

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5150Z28  Ford pictures for 5150Z28    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
He definitely has a MAF sensor on it.

--------------------
2007 Silver Toyota Tacoma DC PreRunner TRD Off Road
1998 Camaro Z28 - SOLD

Posts: 100 | From: Hilmar, Ca | Registered: Apr 2001  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Rip out that Speed Density EEC ASAP and hope no sensor was damaged.
DropTopFox
drama
Member # 1689

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DropTopFox  Ford pictures for DropTopFox    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Check the throttle idler plug. My car did the same shit and it was all because we forgot to plug something in. check all electrical hookups that are involved in the intake.

--------------------
Go out and do something for yourself today everyone, quit depending on others

-Me
http://www.CaliforniaFords.com/cgi-bin/album.pl?album=00001689

Posts: 4003 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
street_illegal_stang
¯
Member # 1554

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for street_illegal_stang  Ford pictures for street_illegal_stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
check you timing or if you removed the distributor
check to make sure you put it back in right.you maybe off a tooth

Posts: 1276 | From: Long Beach C.A | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
Tri-Bar
¯
Member # 2191

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tri-Bar  Ford pictures for Tri-Bar  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What was it before? Carb? Speed / MAF ? He may also need to modifiy the harness at the EEC unless it is already a MAF harness.

--------------------
http://68.58.185.21/Tri-BarMotorsports/index.html

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com