Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Cage ???s

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Cage ???s
StoplightWarrior
¯
Member # 211

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for StoplightWarrior  Ford pictures for StoplightWarrior        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Where can i get a simple perhaps 4pt rollcage for my 2000 GT. What are the best kinds to get in terms of stiffining up the chassis w/o compromising comfort in the interior? (the backseat is already history, but I dont really want the cage to mess with the front seats) What companies make em, and how much? thanks.

--------------------
2000 GT
couple bolt ons

Check out the website: peep it

Posts: 2952 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  :
Pro50Eric
¯
Member # 2065

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pro50Eric  Ford pictures for Pro50Eric  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Jegster cages are ideal for what you want. Their made by Competition engineering but Jegs puts their name on them. Their $122.99. they have 1-3/4" * .134 wall mild tubing.

--------------------
Recently Acquired!! 68 Camaro Outlaw 10.5

1990GT50
¯
Member # 2119

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1990GT50  Ford pictures for 1990GT50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
S&W racing makes good ones and their having a $40 off sale right now. its what im gonna get for my 90 hatch to have zimmerman motorsports install (unless i can find cheeper)
Drew B
¯
Member # 698

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Drew B  Ford pictures for Drew B  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
a friend of mine just wrecked his 99 gt he has a sick ass 4 pt in his i'll see if he wants to sell it.

--------------------
AKA.GR40coupe

99gt-UJSTLST
¯
Member # 584

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 99gt-UJSTLST  Ford pictures for 99gt-UJSTLST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by StoplightWarrior:
Where can i get a simple perhaps 4pt rollcage for my 2000 GT. What are the best kinds to get in terms of stiffining up the chassis w/o compromising comfort in the interior? (the backseat is already history, but I dont really want the cage to mess with the front seats) What companies make em, and how much? thanks.

hey let me now what you find out couse I now I will be putting a cage in my 99gt but I want it to be track leagal
thanks

--------------------
SOUTH BAY STANGS
MINOR BOLT ON'S

www.southbaystangs.com

Posts: 2558 | From: SAN JOSE CA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
Tri-Bar
¯
Member # 2191

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tri-Bar  Ford pictures for Tri-Bar  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You can order a bolt in from Autopower. Maximum Motorsports has them.
http://www.maximummotorsports.com/autopower.html

--------------------
http://68.58.185.21/Tri-BarMotorsports/index.html

DementedGT
¯
Member # 1463

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DementedGT  Ford pictures for DementedGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What are the cage req. for verts @ the track?
Posts: 275 | From: SF Bay Area, CA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
66 InjectedCobra
¯
Member # 819

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 InjectedCobra  Ford pictures for 66 InjectedCobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Don't buy any of that bolt in shit or even try to do it your self...
Maier's enterprises does the best shit and doen like 90% stangs..
He makes the cage custom to your car and you then he cuts it out and sends it to get powder coated..
His work is the best I'v seen yet and is the man when it comes to stangs..

The shop is in Hayward on meekland St..
His mane is Mike Maier and the shop # is (510) 538-2364.. [patriot]

--------------------
Just An Old Slow Ford!

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=6389544

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
be careful when using the term 'cage' or 'rollbar' interchangeably: totally different things.

Your standard 4/6 point "rollbar" has a main hoop behind the driver. A cage includes another horizontal bar at about the front windshield line and is fully welded to the rear hoop.

Two completely different animals.

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

chosen1
¯
Member # 1906

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for chosen1  Ford pictures for chosen1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
DO NOT waste your time with mail order cages. even though they are cheap you still have to notch and fishmouth most of the bars. Maier racing does the best cages and roll bars I have ever seen hands down. Their cages are fully functional, custom, and pretty.

--------------------
1967 Fastback. Should go 10's -but doesn't
1993 Cobra
2003 Suzuki SVS
1966 Coupe -For Sale

darien87
¯
Member # 2022

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for darien87  Ford pictures for darien87  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Another vote for Meier's racing. They do good work. They're not cheap though. But quality never is.
Posts: 206 | From: South Bay Area, CA | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
Jeff S
¯
Member # 371

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff S  Ford pictures for Jeff S  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Do not waste your time/money installing a 4 point rollbar as they do not make you legal to run any faster(dragstrip) then having no rollbar at all. I'd get either a 5point(driver door bar) or 6 point( both door bars) rollbar and get removable "swingout" doorbar(s). If installed properly this will help make your car legal to run as fast as 10.00.

--------------------
'90 Mustang LX: 8.53 @ 157.92 w/ 1.33 60' on DR's
'10 ZR1: FOR SALE
'14 E63 S: RENNtech ECU
'04 Gallardo: UGR TTG

Posts: 2121 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Aug 2001  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com