Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Aftercooler kit or Headers for a 98 Cobra?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Aftercooler kit or Headers for a 98 Cobra?
Cobreezy
¯
Member # 1730

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobreezy  Ford pictures for Cobreezy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Would I get more hp gains from a Vorthech after cooler kit or headers? Already got an S-Trim blower, I just want more hp. If I do go with headers, shorties or long tubes and what brand? Another question, I've been having periodic hard starts. Does it sound like I have a clogged fuel filter or is the fuel pump going bad? How do I know if the fuel pump is going bad? What fuel filter should I get? Thanks guys for the feedback.

--------------------
2003 Cobra (596 rwhp)
= #3956 of 8394 =
AED Tuned

StoplightWarrior
¯
Member # 211

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for StoplightWarrior  Ford pictures for StoplightWarrior        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Longtubes on your car would be like uncorking a magical bottle of champagne...you would love em!

--------------------
2000 GT
couple bolt ons

Check out the website: peep it

Posts: 2952 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  :
Primer GR40
¯
Member # 476

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Primer GR40  Ford pictures for Primer GR40  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yeah get the longtubes. BBK will be fine unless u are hoping for 600+ horse. get a ford fuel filter.

--------------------
Superdupercharged Cobra
No Transmatic Notch

J's DDLY SNK
¯
Member # 2016

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for J's DDLY SNK  Ford pictures for J's DDLY SNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
BBK long tubes ! [Big Grin] Your car will thank you for it. They are the least expensive and have a good reputation. Hooker would be my choice but depending how much your looking to spend is up to you. BBK are coated and are about $450. The Hooker are uncoated and are about $600 +. Another difference is that when it comes time to work on your tranny, the Hooker will give you the clearance. With the BBK the passanger side needs to be removed.

--------------------
Rest In Peace
Juan Moya "The King Cobra"
11/16/81 - 8/20/05
We Will Never Forget You

TRY2PAZ
¯
Member # 97

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRY2PAZ  Ford pictures for TRY2PAZ  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would get the long tubes, but do a clutch first.
AFter that get the aftercooler. You will see 25 plus rwhp with those. Just dont pulley don your car until u get the aftercooler [Wink]

--------------------
http://www.fnsweet.com/pics/events/sj_gtg_1020/sj_gtg1020_30.jpg

Posts: 4033 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
DropTopFox
drama
Member # 1689

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DropTopFox  Ford pictures for DropTopFox    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
don't forget you are going to need a short x or h pipe which will cost at least 150 dpending if you go o/r or catted. SO you're lookin at least $600 either way. If I was you I would make a simple table and put the power gain of one over the price and one side and the same with the other part on the other side. Then you see what is gonna give you more bang for your buck, then that's the mod I would go with. Just my 2 cents [patriot]

--------------------
Go out and do something for yourself today everyone, quit depending on others

-Me
http://www.CaliforniaFords.com/cgi-bin/album.pl?album=00001689

Posts: 4003 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com