Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » i got the motor outta the v6!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: i got the motor outta the v6!
Elapid
GOROBGO
Member # 50

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elapid  Ford pictures for Elapid  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
now i am pulling out the harness...do I need to remove the dash to completely take out the wiring that goes to the motor?

I am planning to put a 351W in this bad 4-eye notch...i'm thinking EFI...

or maybe i could put the 'extra' cobra motor in it...?

-

[ December 06, 2002, 02:42 PM: Message edited by: rob ]

--------------------
98 Cobra
83 Notch rolling chassis - fs

Posts: 1797 | From: Grass Valley, CA USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
4RS FED
¯
Member # 2067

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4RS FED  Ford pictures for 4RS FED  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
that is a nice bucket you got... put the 87 nose on it and the side windows and a 351 with a 750 holley and your set

--------------------
i have a twin turbo mustang and you don't!

90FoX
FoX
Member # 1974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90FoX  Ford pictures for 90FoX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i think its better than yours
Posts: 5364 | From: Shooting Skeet | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
Drew B
¯
Member # 698

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Drew B  Ford pictures for Drew B  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Im sure you wil need to pull the dash are you going with a windsor or cleveland your car will be sick when it's done. [patriot]

--------------------
AKA.GR40coupe

Drew B
¯
Member # 698

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Drew B  Ford pictures for Drew B  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
by the way want't that a 4 banger. [Confused]

[ December 06, 2002, 03:18 PM: Message edited by: gR40coupe ]

--------------------
AKA.GR40coupe

Elapid
GOROBGO
Member # 50

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Elapid  Ford pictures for Elapid  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
definitely a v6!
i just got it into the garage...
towed the cherry picker with motor (hanging from the thermactor tube [Eek!] )with my lx!
hahahaha!
then with an 8' 2x10 piece of lumber levered it into the garage!
"gimme a lever long enough..."

anyway, i still have to get the exhaust out of there, etc...

I have a 351W and auto trans from a 1972 Mach 1 that i'm planning on putting in. I think i'll prolly need a custom driveline, but i'm not sure...lol flying blind!

I'm sure it will be less painful moneywise than working on the cobra!

i am torn about putting the windsor in there, tho...it won't have the power of my other cars unless i build the crap out of it...

if i try to rebuild the cobra motor and stuff it in there, i might be ahead of the game...

problems, problems!

so, while i decide what to do with it, i can at least strip it down!
[Big Grin]

--------------------
98 Cobra

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Rob, if you stick in your old DOHC motor, it will only make 285ish RWHP with all the bolt ons. Even if you stick 302 parts on that 351W, it'll still make 285ish RWHP for a lot less money and a lot wider of a power band.
Elapid
GOROBGO
Member # 50

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Elapid  Ford pictures for Elapid  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
true!
but that's only if it's stock [Wink]
i won't put the labor into putting it back stock...
it'll have billet rods, forged pistons, billet cams, ported heads, etc.then i can do the twin turbo thing...

the 351 would be a LOT cheaper!

--------------------
98 Cobra

StoplightWarrior
¯
Member # 211

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for StoplightWarrior  Ford pictures for StoplightWarrior        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Awesome! I cant wait til I have the time/money/storage space to do my own swaps! I'm jealous!

--------------------
2000 GT
couple bolt ons

Check out the website: peep it

Posts: 2952 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com