Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Injector ? here

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Injector ? here
96Forged281
¯
Member # 2158

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 96Forged281  Ford pictures for 96Forged281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Can 24# injectors be placed in where 19#s were its a 96 gt i ask this because im having a fuel issue and am gonna probably replace the injectors just wanted to make sure they would work fine and not need to be calibrated

--------------------
96 Stang GT Convertible Looks Stock =)

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The anwer is yes if you also install a mass air meter calibrated for 24 lbs injectors. Taking a step back here, it sounds like you're trying to mask another problem. Why do you think you need more fuel?
96Forged281
¯
Member # 2158

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 96Forged281  Ford pictures for 96Forged281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well while driving ANY gear if i let my foot off the gas and let it decel as soon as it hits about 2200 rpms on the decel the exhaust tone just seems to flatten out and have no tone and kind of gives very very light putters, what area you from 5150? i read a post about you driving down standiford?? you talkin about modesto?

--------------------

StoplightWarrior
¯
Member # 211

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for StoplightWarrior  Ford pictures for StoplightWarrior        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by TheQuickAndTheSlow:
well while driving ANY gear if i let my foot off the gas and let it decel as soon as it hits about 2200 rpms on the decel the exhaust tone just seems to flatten out and have no tone and kind of gives very very light putters, what area you from 5150? i read a post about you driving down standiford?? you talkin about modesto?

Unless you've got a power adder on that badboy, I dont think your stang is hurting for fuel! [Big Grin] Could be a problem with the injectors themselves, but I dont think bigger is the answer. What are your mods?

[ December 05, 2002, 12:29 PM: Message edited by: StoplightWarrior ]

--------------------
2000 GT
couple bolt ons

Check out the website: peep it

Posts: 2952 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  :
96Forged281
¯
Member # 2158

mods are complete engine rebuild forged internals 17cc dished pistons 01 heads and intake un ported mac CAI, custom o/r xpipe, pullies, im leaning towards injecotrs, fuel pump, wires, coil packs, if none of those then i need another tune, but i just got a dyno tune 3 months ago????

--------------------

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Check your computer for codes. Could be your VSS sensor. Durring deceleration, your injectors are pumping hardly any fuel at all.
96Forged281
¯
Member # 2158

my lights on right now for a excessive EGR code, what is the VSS sensor where is it at??? and whats its job?? thanx

--------------------

96Forged281
¯
Member # 2158

oh yeah and my gas mileage is HORRIBLE like 10mpg and it seems like after my car sits over night and i get back in it ive lost a gallon of gas but no leak, but that could just be my guage, but it is sucking down gas

--------------------

Stimson
_
Member # 51

The VSS is on the drivers side tail end of the tranny. Your car uses it for a few things, like cruise control and determining if you've stoped or are moving durring engine deceleration so the EEC can adjust its stratagy.

An excessive EGR code could mean the EGR is stuck open, wich would definately cause poor idle and light throttle conditions.

96Forged281
¯
Member # 2158

it could be but the problem just started happening a month ago that lights been there for 3 months, ill check into it though, im buying a new IAC valve and need to get the DPFE sensor check out again

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com