Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » V6 stroker kit!!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: V6 stroker kit!!
Joshs Ford
¯
Member # 801

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joshs Ford  Ford pictures for Joshs Ford    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Not sure if this should be here, or in the General talk. But there is a new V6 stroker kit available now, for those who have V6's(this is specifically for the guy who sold his cobra and got a V6 and now procharged it). It is a 4.4L stroker kit, and the same company also does heads/cam/intake jobs as well. I guess this company (http://www.moranav6racing.com) makes heads, or porting work done for the heads which are made for blower applications. In which they use a t-bird super couple lower and 5.4L truck throttle body. Along with new fuel rails, this package not only adds power, but saves about 30 lbs. They have 5 diff cams they are selling, as well as making custom cams. Reading more info in my MM&FF magazine (january 2003 edition) he can port the 99+ heads to 1.45 on the exuast side, yet he leaves the stock intake of 1.86 alone. Yet on the pre-99 heads, he can port to 2.02/1.60. Owner of the company says he can get heads to flow over 280 cfm on the intake side, and over 200 on the exuast. Stock is 170/130. SO for the V6 guys, get the 4.4L stroker(which is like what, 270 ci inches? Getting close to the 281 lol) then get his ported heads, intake and came package. And you are looking at a lethal package. He says he can do whatever you want him to do.

This post is too long, and prolly makes no sense, so I will shut up now and end the post. Hope this is to some help for any V6 guys.

Josh

Posts: 692 | From: San Ramon CA, | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
Joshs Ford
¯
Member # 801

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joshs Ford  Ford pictures for Joshs Ford    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
C'mon where are those V6 guys, who are making there cars fast. Have they not seen this post yet, or is this old news? I thought since it is in the 2003 January edition of MM&FF this would be brand new.

Josh

Elapid
GOROBGO
Member # 50

Ford Icon 2 posted      Profile for Elapid  Ford pictures for Elapid  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i saw a built/blown v6 putting down 250 to the wheels, but so what? when it's not idling (sounded nasty at idle) it still sounds like a v6...any 4.6 with the same investment would be running low 12s

--------------------
98 Cobra
83 Notch rolling chassis - fs

Posts: 1797 | From: Grass Valley, CA USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
StoplightWarrior
¯
Member # 211

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for StoplightWarrior  Ford pictures for StoplightWarrior        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by rob:
any 4.6 with the same investment would be running low 12s

Exactly. I would certainly give props to a v6 that was putting down serious power...But the question remains, "Why not put that $ into an 8 to start with??" [Confused]

--------------------
2000 GT
couple bolt ons

Check out the website: peep it

Posts: 2952 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  :
Primer GR40
¯
Member # 476

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Primer GR40  Ford pictures for Primer GR40  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
for the price of stroking, porting heads and blowing the V6 you could probably do and 03 swap and a pulley change. but i guess it would be cool to pull on NA V8's in a 6

--------------------
Superdupercharged Cobra
No Transmatic Notch

Joshs Ford
¯
Member # 801

Yea, I dont see the point unless it is for insurance reasons...or you just have a lot of money. I mainly put this up for the guy with the procharged V6 who had to sell his cobra becuase of too high insurance.
mike22ca
¯
Member # 1675

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mike22ca  Ford pictures for mike22ca    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yeah....morana racing is old news...us v6 guys were on to that a long time ago....hehehe
Posts: 303 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
Joshs Ford
¯
Member # 801

lol, ok, that sounds good to me. So any 13 or 12 second V6's yet? Thnx for filling me in.

Josh

mike22ca
¯
Member # 1675

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mike22ca  Ford pictures for mike22ca    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dunno yet.....I need to go to the track and run it.....I beat a modified integra the other night three times in a row. He "claimed" to run 14.2's.
Posts: 303 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
Joshs Ford
¯
Member # 801

Mike22ca are you using a stroker, or is it still a 3.8? Also do you have forged internals, or all stock? Thanks a lot. I think it would be really cool to build up a V6 just so i could laugh at an Gt i ever beat. Low 13's in a V6 would be sick ass hell. But I would prolly only do that if I had a shit load of money, and already had a faster V8.

Josh

Drew B
¯
Member # 698

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Drew B  Ford pictures for Drew B  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
a stroker for a 232 sounds shity [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
AKA.GR40coupe

MRBiggs
¯
Member # 513

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MRBiggs  Ford pictures for MRBiggs  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My buddy has a 98 V6 with a Procharger and his putting down 330 hp at the wheels....
Why the mags are so interested in that sucker from a few months back that was making a whopping 260 hp with his crappy little V6 is beyond me.... [Roll Eyes]

But mind you this 3.8 has been fully ported and polished and has an experimental monster intake on it. I know he posts at V6Power.com as Jose98V6 check it out. Obviously its not gonna have a torque curve down low like a V8 but up top... man that little fvcker scoots.
He did his because he didn't wanna buy another car and plus his was paid for already. [Big Grin]

--------------------
342 stroker, Windsor Sr. heads, Jay cam, TFS track heat

www.socalhorsepower.com

Posts: 300 | From: San Dimas, So. Cali GO LAKERS !! | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
CLAUS
¯
Member # 2069

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CLAUS  Ford pictures for CLAUS  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Does anyone know if the stroker kit will work on the 3.8 liter in the early 90's thunderbirds, because I've got a plan. [Wink]

--------------------
New License Plate Frame:

IF MY MUSTANG WON'T BEAT YOU
NORMAN'S WILL!!

special thanks: Chris Molinari

Posts: 156 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Nov 2002  |  :
Joshs Ford
¯
Member # 801

I dont see why not. All he said was to try and get the newer V6 blocks becuase they are stronger. And also blocks that are RWD blocks..but i guess u need a FRD block. Why dont you email him and ask.

Josh

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com