Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Shops

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Shops
Elapid
GOROBGO
Member # 50

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elapid  Ford pictures for Elapid  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I am so happy i went to Apex!
they found all sorts of stuff wrong with my car; little stuff...vacuum leaks, hoses in the wrong place, bolts in the wrong place, injectors leaking, a leaky fitting in the fuel rail at the pressure sending unit, holes drilled in the throttle body, a chip out of my hood...

all done by the shop that did my motor swap.
It really pays to go to a shop with the best reputation you can because it will save you a lot of heartache!

my car idles fine now, even with the huge throttle body!

I have to say i will never take my car to that performance shop in yuba city again!

--------------------
98 Cobra
83 Notch rolling chassis - fs

Posts: 1797 | From: Grass Valley, CA USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I hear ya!
There's shops like that in Sac too....
That's why I now do ALL my own motor work! In my garage where I control the quality!
It's always done the way I want it.

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey I can also tell you a whole bunch of things that are wrong with your car too and even fix them for you for the right price. [Embarrassed]

--------------------
Support our troops!

dave96gt
Member # 2033

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for dave96gt  Ford pictures for dave96gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Rob,

Are you talking about Force Fed Perf**** in Yuba City?

Just want to know because I was thinking of going there.

Dave

--------------------
1996 aode all stock

Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by dave96gt:
Rob,

Dave

They just blew up 5.0brians gt the other week there throttling the gas on the dyno while it was squeezing. [Mad] [Frown] [Mad]

--------------------
Support our troops!

Elapid
GOROBGO
Member # 50

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elapid  Ford pictures for Elapid  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yeah, i'm afraid so...
maybe tuning they'd be ok, but i had them do a complete motor swap...
i ended up paying double the quoted price too...

quote:
Hey I can also tell you a whole bunch of things that are wrong with your car too and even fix them for you for the right price.

the big difference in my experience was that at Apex there were no excuses. Keith @ FFP said "that's the best we can get it to run with the stock computer. If you want it to idle properly you'll have to have a standalone aftermarket computer. we can do that for you for another 2200..."

Me, "no thanks, man!"

I got the hell out of there and was happy to have a running car anyway. then i turned on the A/C...nothing but hot air! 50 mile drive home in sweltering heat with no ac...

i was pissed!

Apex, the tech (i suck at names, sorry man) that worked on my car was totally awesome, he explained things to me that were wrong and even did a lot of stuff, like either fabricating, or reusing the old gasket to install the Accufab throttlebody which did not come with a gasket in the kit...(what's up with that?).
he had to grind my intake hat to fit the single blade throttle body, etc. he got it together in good fashion and my car idles fine with no 2200 rpm hanging idle.

with vacuum leaks and misrouted hoses and holes in the t/b as it was when i got it back from FFP, of course it wouldn't run right!

--------------------
98 Cobra

White02GT
¯
Member # 611

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for White02GT  Ford pictures for White02GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 91sleeper:
quote:
Rob,

Dave

They just blew up 5.0brians gt the other week there throttling the gas on the dyno while it was squeezing. [Mad] [Frown] [Mad]
Jared, that was TheBrain's car

--------------------
2002 Mustang GT 13.54 @ 102

"You can't out smart a smartass" Eminem

Posts: 1984 | From: Mountain View, Ca | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
Jeff S
¯
Member # 371

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff S  Ford pictures for Jeff S  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
These guys and there aftermarket CPU crap. I was at the track and asked Keith if they dynotuned with Autologic, or Superchips ect.. and he said that they do not use chips but they suck and the stock ECU sucks. [Confused] Makes me think the only reason they are not an Autologic/Superchips/Diablo dealer is because they were denied.

[ December 02, 2002, 09:40 PM: Message edited by: Jeff S ]

--------------------
'90 Mustang LX: 8.53 @ 157.92 w/ 1.33 60' on DR's
'10 ZR1: FOR SALE
'14 E63 S: RENNtech ECU
'04 Gallardo: UGR TTG

Posts: 2121 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Aug 2001  |  :
5.0Brian
¯
Member # 262

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.0Brian  Ford pictures for 5.0Brian    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by White02GT:
quote:
quote:
Rob,

Dave

Yeah, my car is fine (so far), it was TheBrain's car (different Brian). Although, I do now have nitrous on my car, almost have it working too [Big Grin] , need to figure out some wiring mistakes since my kit is pieced together with no instructions or anything.

[ December 02, 2002, 09:53 PM: Message edited by: 5.0Brian ]

--------------------
Brian

---Rest In Peace Miles Werho-Dec. 8 2002---

Posts: 561 | From: Antioch, CA | Registered: May 2001  |  :
Bill/APEX Motorsports
¯
Member # 636

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill/APEX Motorsports  Ford pictures for Bill/APEX Motorsports  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Rob, glad we could be of service for you! Yes, your car had quite a few problems. It must be nice to finally be able to drive the car without being frustrated with it!
Let us know if we can be of additional help in the future.

Posts: 488 | From: Santa Clara, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
96Forged281
¯
Member # 2158

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 96Forged281  Ford pictures for 96Forged281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hey im from modesto here and am looking for a GOOD mod motor shop that can do the same for me as the guy who opened this thread, i need someone to go through my whole wiring and tubing on the engine check for leaks or something grounding out, ANY suggestions on where i can take it? ill drive up to 100 miles cause there are no shops here worth my time

--------------------
96 Stang GT Convertible Looks Stock =)

Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

quote:
Originally posted by White02GT:
quote:
quote:
Rob,

Dave

Oooppps thanks for the clarifcation. I have never been to apex but the cool thing about them from what i have seen so far is that Bill posts on this website! Thats bad ass. It also sounds like they care about there customers and there cars. Would someone be kind enough to give me a link to there website and/or directions to there shop.

--------------------
Support our troops!

DaveG
¯
Member # 1606

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DaveG  Ford pictures for DaveG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
goto http://www.apexmotorsports.com/ . On their site go to about us and there is a map link.

--------------------
DaveG
96-0029 S-351
Supercharged Speedster
613rwhp, 633rwtq

Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

quote:
Originally posted by DaveG:
goto http://www.apexmotorsports.com/ . On their site go to about us and there is a map link.

Thank You

--------------------
Support our troops!

96Forged281
¯
Member # 2158

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 96Forged281  Ford pictures for 96Forged281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
is apex a good shop for mod motors or what?

--------------------
96 Stang GT Convertible Looks Stock =)

Elapid
GOROBGO
Member # 50

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Elapid  Ford pictures for Elapid  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i would have to say "yes!"
In my opinion apex is a very good shop to take your mod-motor mustang (or viper/mangusta, etc.).

--------------------
98 Cobra

VortechSaleen
¯
Member # 316

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for VortechSaleen  Ford pictures for VortechSaleen    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by TheQuickAndTheSlow:
is apex a good shop for mod motors or what?

Acutally..it's THE place for mod motors. The majority of Mustang customers are modular.
Posts: 837 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
Force Fed Performance
¯
Member # 1024

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Force Fed Performance  Ford pictures for Force Fed Performance  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yeah, i'm afraid so...
maybe tuning they'd be ok, but i had them do a complete motor swap...
i ended up paying double the quoted price too...
quote:

By the way rob, after looking back at your invoice you were only charged 1200.00 for the motor swap. Why don't you state the facts. The difference of the $1100.00 was for the following: antifreeze,oil, oil filter, new idler pulley (the bearings in the stock one was shot), the labor to Remove Intake manifold so we could drill & tap the block for knock sensors (the year of the block did not match your year of your car, the block had no provisions for the knock sensors), The labor to reinstall the intake, MSD digital 6 ignition box, 2 MSD Tach adaptors, the labor to mount the box & tach adaptors under the seat & hardwire everything so there is no chance of a butt splice causing an problem, new NGK spark plugs & the tax on the parts. So as everyone can see we did not charge him differently than what we quoted. Rob you need to tell the facts & quit bullshiting these people. I have your signature on an estimate that shows the same amount that we quoted you minus the charge for removing the intake & drilling the block for your knock sensors (we were not aware that the year of the block & the year of the car did not match until we started plugging things in. You should have been more through when ordering your parts.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posts: 10 | From: Yuba City, CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
TheBrain
I'm the Real
John Force
Member # 35

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheBrain  Ford pictures for TheBrain    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Rob,

Dave

Not 5.0brian's car, It was my car [Mad]

Brian

--------------------
1989 LX vert 342
11.662 @ 116.65 1.57 60ft. N/A
10.227 @ 134.59 1.41 60ft 200 shot 3600lbs
2003 Ranger 4 door
15.99 @ 87

Posts: 1264 | From: Back in Redding CA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
Elapid
GOROBGO
Member # 50

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for Elapid  Ford pictures for Elapid  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
funny you bring up my clutch, i have been driving for 6 thousand miles on this suposedly 'worn out' clutch with absolutely NO problems!

--------------------
98 Cobra

Chris M.
Ignore me, all I do is argue online!
Member # 1708

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris M.  Ford pictures for Chris M.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
an problem
god damnit. learn english.

it's A problem, not AN problem

whenever a/an proceeds a vowel sound THEN AND ONLY THEN DO YOU USE THE WORD AN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 2828 | From: West Bay, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
WIKD 281
CaliforniaFords.com
Owner
Member # 40

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WIKD 281  Ford pictures for WIKD 281  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Paint Job:
quote:
an problem
god damnit. learn english.

it's A problem, not AN problem

whenever a/an proceeds a vowel sound THEN AND ONLY THEN DO YOU USE THE WORD AN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn dude> I didnt know you were an english teacher?.....nice
[Big Grin]

--------------------
----------------------------------
Faster than most, slower than less.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com