Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » More tips from Eric.

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: More tips from Eric.
Pro50Eric
¯
Member # 2065

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pro50Eric  Ford pictures for Pro50Eric  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I know your prolly sayin damn when is this guy gonna shut up? lol I promise after this one i'm done for a while.lol I want to address how organizational racing is important and how it helps you once you get to the track. A lot of guys spend money to put new paint on their cars, but that's not going to make it go any faster. to me, that money can be better spent. if you have one 9/16 inch wrench in your garage and your'e out on the road...well, that money you spent painting your car could have bought several wrench sets and sockets. The biggest suggestion i can make to you guys is to try and make sure you have a complete set of tools on your trailer or with you at the track. It's a big expense, but it will pay off in the long run. I hope people think about that the next time they get their car painted.

I understand alot of racers can't afford both a paint job and two sets of tools. I know because i was that way when i first started racing. We resolved that problem by having a toolbox that would roll on and off the trailer. If you do it this way, there's a pretty good chance you won't forget that 9/16 wrench, because if you do you probably left the whole toolbox at home. That way, we had access to the same tools at my shop and on the road.

We also have a nuts and bolts bin in the trailer taht we use a lot of stuff out of and that others racers have borrowed from. Remember this next time you have that flamed paint job and only one wrench. [Smile]

--------------------
Recently Acquired!! 68 Camaro Outlaw 10.5

Pro50Eric
¯
Member # 2065

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pro50Eric  Ford pictures for Pro50Eric  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
TTT

--------------------

nitrousracing
¯
Member # 1346

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for nitrousracing  Ford pictures for nitrousracing    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dont forget a flashlight.

Scott

--------------------
1999 BMW 323is

TRY2PAZ
¯
Member # 97

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRY2PAZ  Ford pictures for TRY2PAZ  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My best friend is my AAA plus card. It is 100 miles from SAc to fremont [Big Grin]

--------------------
http://www.fnsweet.com/pics/events/sj_gtg_1020/sj_gtg1020_30.jpg

Posts: 4033 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
99Flyer
¯
Member # 1528

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 99Flyer  Ford pictures for 99Flyer  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Pro50Eric:
....A lot of guys spend money to put new paint on their cars, but that's not going to make it go any faster. to me, that money can be better spent. if you have one 9/16 inch wrench in your garage and your'e out on the road...well, that money you spent painting your car could have bought several wrench sets and sockets. ..... I hope people think about that the next time they get their car painted.......... Remember this next time you have that flamed paint job and only one wrench. [Smile]

<-edited

-
I agree 100%! [Big Grin]
That's why I let my insurance company pick up the tab for my body kit and paint job!
(All without fraud, just unlucky in a lucky way)

--------------------
2021 Bronco Black Diamond Sasquatch
1971 Camaro 350 SC
1977 GMC Kingsley Class A

Posts: 415 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
Pro50Eric
¯
Member # 2065

lol smartass. hehe

--------------------

99Flyer
¯
Member # 1528

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 99Flyer  Ford pictures for 99Flyer  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I do need tools though, I borrow tools as needed, I need to put a big chunk of change aside for a really nice set.

--------------------
2021 Bronco Black Diamond Sasquatch
1971 Camaro 350 SC
1977 GMC Kingsley Class A

Posts: 415 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
Pro50Eric
¯
Member # 2065

Yeah it's always a good investment [Smile]

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com