Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » PPL with long tubed headers.

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: PPL with long tubed headers.
WANARNM
¯
Member # 587

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WANARNM  Ford pictures for WANARNM    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I need to drop the tranny on my car and i was wondering if i can do this without removing any of the headers? I have BBK L/T's. Can this be done? Thanx in advance.

--------------------
89’ Hatch. Completely stock.

WANARNM
¯
Member # 587

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WANARNM  Ford pictures for WANARNM    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by STOKED:
On mod motors you have to pull the passenger side header off or else it will not clear the bellhousing....

Just put the car in the air and look to see if the bellhousing looks like it would clear the collectors... but other then that I am not sure on 5.0s... Hope that helped

Thanx..It kinda looks like it will hit. I just dont want to remove the headers. [Frown]

--------------------

Milesblown03
¯
Member # 27

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milesblown03  Ford pictures for Milesblown03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Why do you have to drop the trans? If you just need the tranny out, you should stilll be able to access the 4 trans mounting bolts. Just slide it out of the bell housing itself. If you have to take the bellousing off too ( clutch stuff), then im not sure. If you cant get the bellhousing and trans out as a complete unit, try removing the trans from the bellhousing fisrt, then remove the bellhousing itself. you should be able to do it without dropping the headers back out

--------------------
99 honda 996 superhawk...
03 cobra:422rwhp,399rwtq (before pulley)
New best,12.07@119.9(!!)mph on nittos (cant drive to save my life!)

Posts: 1002 | From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  :
WANARNM
¯
Member # 587

quote:
Originally posted by Milesblown03:
Why do you have to drop the trans? If you just need the tranny out, you should stilll be able to access the 4 trans mounting bolts. Just slide it out of the bell housing itself. If you have to take the bellousing off too ( clutch stuff), then im not sure. If you cant get the bellhousing and trans out as a complete unit, try removing the trans from the bellhousing fisrt, then remove the bellhousing itself. you should be able to do it without dropping the headers back out

Cool. Thanx. I need to drop the trannt cause i broke the stock one. So, now im saving up for a TKO. and that what i will be replacing.Thanx for the info guys. [Big Grin] [patriot]

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com