Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » need a walk through with lowering the rears on a fox

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: need a walk through with lowering the rears on a fox
street_illegal_stang
¯
Member # 1554

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for street_illegal_stang  Ford pictures for street_illegal_stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
right.
i just got finished with lowering the front end with ford motorsport racing spings on my 89 fox gt :)with the help using fordmuscle.com
glad thats over...looks real good.
but now i got the rears to contend with.
if you people could give me instuctions on what to do and not do i would have a great finishing product. any tips or advice would help also [Wink]
thanks
-Street-

Posts: 1276 | From: Long Beach C.A | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
street_illegal_stang
¯
Member # 1554

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for street_illegal_stang  Ford pictures for street_illegal_stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
p.s
oh yeah! it handles great i just took a corner going 50mph at a 20mph .no over steer [worship]
no tires cherping at all .Clean turning!hell yes [dance]

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It's easy.

Put the car up on jackstands. On the frame, not the rear.
Remove the rear swaybar.
Put a jack under one control arm were it attaches to the rear end. Un-bolt the control arm from the rear end. Remove the bolt & slowly lower the jack. This will free the spring. Remove the spring & install new one with 'pig tail' in the rear facing the side of the car....pay attention to how the old spring sits & you'll understand. Jack up the control arm & bolt it up.

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
street_illegal_stang
¯
Member # 1554

thanks buddy,i'll let you know how it works out .
[Smile]

street_illegal_stang
¯
Member # 1554

yeah, it looks alright...maybe i should have gone with the sportlines eibach. [Roll Eyes]
also i thought it'll be easy to pull the stock springs but found my self opening a can of warms.
when i pulled the bolts out for the lower contol arms and for some reason the axle was pulling back making me strip the bolt and confused on what to do to get the control arm aligned with the axle well after 45min of hell i pulled out my trusty old spare tire scissor jack,
placed it in the fender well and directed it to the axle pushing it to the control arm and manage to bolt it back...shit i was kinda scared thinking i might have bent my uppers or somthing..
well any way i like to thank you for your help
-93pony- if i'm ever up there i'll by you a beer
or six pack [Big Grin]
thanks
since i had my car jacked up i had the chance tochange my fuel filter and put my flowbasterds back on [Smile] .sweet.
Thanks
-Street-

BATTMAN
¯
Member # 2063

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BATTMAN  Ford pictures for BATTMAN    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Did you change the shocks too?

--------------------
3.73 gears,pro 5.0 shifter, hotchkin lca's, 4in hood,75mm MAS, 3core radiator, 1.7rr, cold air kit, 65mm tb, ported e7's, pullies, short belt, long tubes, h-pipe, dynomax exhaust, 95gt 17in rims, 275/40 in back, 245/45 in front

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 7 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just glad I could help.

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com