Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Magnaflow Magnapack catback

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Magnaflow Magnapack catback
Corolla S man
¯
Member # 1650

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Corolla S man  Ford pictures for Corolla S man    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just ordered the Magnapack catback system for $340. I was wondering if just this system alone will be good or if it is NECESSARY or RECOMMENDED to get a catted X pipe so the sound and performance will be good. I was hoping to achieve good sound and performance with stock h, but I have no idea. Any opinions would be appreciated.... If it's a waste of money to spend $340 for a catted x pipe, I won't do it. Thank you.
Posts: 85 | From: Rocklin, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
ash
¯
Member # 1523

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ash  Ford pictures for ash    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
it definetly wont be a waste of money, the car will sound (more) mean and you will notice more of a pull in the higher RPM range with the addition of the X pipe.

--------------------
04 gixxer 600
01 gt buncha stuff.

AGRSVGT
Member # 922

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AGRSVGT  Ford pictures for AGRSVGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I thought the MagnaPack cat-back was a great mod, but when I added the X-pipe the car really woke up. She rumbles nice at idle, and really screams WOT. The seat o' the pants dyno definitely approves.

--------------------
1999 Crystal White Mustang GT
FRPP 70mm TB, C&L 80mm MAF, JBA Shorties, Magnaflow X-Pipe w/Cats, MagnaPack CatBack, PA Street/Strip Valve Body, Fluidyne Radiator
Kenny Brown Chassis Support Kit, Bilstein Shocks/Struts, MM LCA's, Hotchkis C/C Plates, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Pirelli P7000SS on Torque Thrust IIs
Bullitt Pedals & MGW Knobs 'n Things....

Posts: 1 | From: Monterey, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com