Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » How Much!!!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: How Much!!!
98snakebite
¯
Member # 1295

Ford Icon 8 posted      Profile for 98snakebite  Ford pictures for 98snakebite    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How much should it cost me to get a bassani exhaust and a pro 5.0 shifter installed. I know the shifter is supposed to be real easy to install, but I do not want to mess up so I will pay someone. I have gotten some quotes already and they seem outrageous. One place quoted me 70$ an hour and he sadi it takes about three hours for the two items. This didnt seem right. Or is it. Help!!

--------------------
98 black on black cobra coupe
K&N filter
Bassani X-haust cat-back with Bassani X-pipe w-out cats
4.10 FMS gears
Pro 5.0 shifter
Steeda Pullies
BBK long tubes on the way
New Suspension coming soon

90FoX
FoX
Member # 1974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90FoX  Ford pictures for 90FoX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
do you have a fox? bc i put a steeda short throwin it , no problem its almost impossible to mess up if you follow the directions. dont waste your money, do it your self. for the x pipe i was qouted pretty high on that to. but sometimes you get what you pay for.
Posts: 5364 | From: Shooting Skeet | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
shifters are easy, 2 hours labor on headers is being very nice. pay for the 2 hours for the headers, do the shifter yourself.

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

98snakebite
¯
Member # 1295

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98snakebite  Ford pictures for 98snakebite    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Its a bassani cat back exhaust not headers. Does it take two hours to install a cat back.

--------------------
98 black on black cobra coupe
K&N filter
Bassani X-haust cat-back with Bassani X-pipe w-out cats
4.10 FMS gears
Pro 5.0 shifter
Steeda Pullies
BBK long tubes on the way
New Suspension coming soon

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 98snakebite:
How much should it cost me to get a bassani exhaust and a pro 5.0 shifter installed. I know the shifter is supposed to be real easy to install, but I do not want to mess up so I will pay someone. I have gotten some quotes already and they seem outrageous. One place quoted me 70$ an hour and he sadi it takes about three hours for the two items. This didnt seem right. Or is it. Help!!

I can install it all for $150...let me know, Drew [patriot]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
90FoX
FoX
Member # 1974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90FoX  Ford pictures for 90FoX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
install what the exhuast? if you do exhuast ... i am getting my bassani x pipe on monday can yyou put that on for me with dynomax bullet mufflers and i wanted you to have the turn downs after the axle. and the cat bak pipe to bend of the axle? if so how much?
Posts: 5364 | From: Shooting Skeet | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
J's DDLY SNK
¯
Member # 2016

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for J's DDLY SNK  Ford pictures for J's DDLY SNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dont waste your money shifters are very simple to install, just follow the instructions. as for the cat back if its a bolt on system again dont waste your money but if there is welding you need to be good with a welder [Big Grin] PM me if you neeed help I live in San Jose.

--------------------
Rest In Peace
Juan Moya "The King Cobra"
11/16/81 - 8/20/05
We Will Never Forget You

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 90Fox:
install what the exhuast? if you do exhuast ... i am getting my bassani x pipe on monday can yyou put that on for me with dynomax bullet mufflers and i wanted you to have the turn downs after the axle. and the cat bak pipe to bend of the axle? if so how much?

I can install an X pipe no problem. Now, do u already have dynomax cat back or what? I couldn't really understand what you were trying to tell my from your post.

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
DropTopFox
drama
Member # 1689

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DropTopFox  Ford pictures for DropTopFox    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I know a guy that will do it for $100 or less

--------------------
Go out and do something for yourself today everyone, quit depending on others

-Me
http://www.CaliforniaFords.com/cgi-bin/album.pl?album=00001689

Posts: 4003 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
PeNiNsula302
¯
Member # 1061

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PeNiNsula302  Ford pictures for PeNiNsula302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 98snakebite:
[QB]I know the shifter is supposed to be real easy to install, but I do not want to mess up so I will pay someone.QB]

Your right, its completely simple. I would just get the exhaust done by someone on here, well in other words DONT go paying some outrageous labor charges @ a shop. As for the pro 5.0, its a really good learning experience and im sure one of us would help you through it if you wanted... (i would no charge, its pretty fun [Cool] )...

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com