Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » any ideas how 2 get my gt to run low 13s with 1000 bucks?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: any ideas how 2 get my gt to run low 13s with 1000 bucks?
y2kgt01
¯
Member # 1257

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for y2kgt01  Ford pictures for y2kgt01    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
its an 01 auto, has intake, exhaust, and offroad x. ive got gears in the garage that havent gone in yet, 3.90;s. anyone think i can hit low 13's with another 1000 bucks?if so what do i need, my cars obviousy doesnt like my ideas of what mods i have done to it considering it ran a 14.4 so i need some new input, thanks
4RS FED
¯
Member # 2067

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4RS FED  Ford pictures for 4RS FED  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
150 shot will put you right where u wanna be.

--------------------
i have a twin turbo mustang and you don't!

y2kgt01
¯
Member # 1257

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for y2kgt01  Ford pictures for y2kgt01    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i was thinking 2500 rpm torque converter, no idea what brands are good. And maby longtubes, a cam, or a port and polish job. they monye is just for parts. im gonna put it all in myself. No 150 shot cause everyone i know that doesnt use the nozzle kit ends up blowing the plastic intake manifold. the nozzle kit is 1300 alone

[ November 08, 2002, 08:25 PM: Message edited by: y2kgt01 ]

5.0Brian
¯
Member # 262

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.0Brian  Ford pictures for 5.0Brian    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've heard that people like Emerald torque converters. I think that they're out of Walnut Creek.

EDIT: I found a link for you. Hope it helps.
http://www.fordmuscle.com/archives/2000/09/converter/index2.shtml

[ November 08, 2002, 08:33 PM: Message edited by: 5.0Brian ]

--------------------
Brian

---Rest In Peace Miles Werho-Dec. 8 2002---

Posts: 561 | From: Antioch, CA | Registered: May 2001  |  :
y2kgt01
¯
Member # 1257

good info. they said that only took 1/10 off the quarter mile??? i was expecting 5 tenths from a good converter.
302n/a
¯
Member # 1465

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 302n/a  Ford pictures for 302n/a    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
definetely get longtubes i got an auto and my best time is 13.71 101 00gt get a 3000 stall converter and a power adder heads cam will get you minimal gains n/a for the gains its too expensive to go n/a you figure bullit intake 1500 complete kit cams 500, ported heads 800 and all the labor is gonna kill you and you will get about 40hp with the combo spend 3,000 on a blower and add 100hp stock or a nitrous kit

--------------------
Raiders A's Warriors Sharks

y2kgt01
¯
Member # 1257

[ November 08, 2002, 09:19 PM: Message edited by: y2kgt01 ]

5.0Brian
¯
Member # 262

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.0Brian  Ford pictures for 5.0Brian    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It was a tenth possibly because of the fact that it was wearing street tires. Throw some slicks on there and you will drop those times.

--------------------
Brian

---Rest In Peace Miles Werho-Dec. 8 2002---

Posts: 561 | From: Antioch, CA | Registered: May 2001  |  :
JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I had an Emerald in my Dart GTS (bigblock) and I dropped 3 tenths of my 1/4. The folks at walnut creek transmission really know their stuff. If I ever need to get the tranny done in the Lightning, it's going there.

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
99gt-UJSTLST
¯
Member # 584

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 99gt-UJSTLST  Ford pictures for 99gt-UJSTLST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by y2kgt01:
its an 01 auto, has intake, exhaust, and offroad x. ive got gears in the garage that havent gone in yet, 3.90;s. anyone think i can hit low 13's with another 1000 bucks?if so what do i need, my cars obviousy doesnt like my ideas of what mods i have done to it considering it ran a 14.4 so i need some new input, thanks

dry shot of NOS maybe a 75 shot
compucar makes a kit thats really easy to install itss called nitrouse in a bag it shots dry NOS before your MAF and will pick you up that second you want
I would not recommend a wet shot you run the rist of blowing the intake

I ran that same shot on my bone stock 89 coupe with a auto in it and it ran a 14 flat

im thinkig with gears and a shift kit my 89 coupe will run a low 13

my buddy was runing 14.2 on his 90 5.0 5sp with the dry kit and on drag radials, gears and of course minor boltons it ran a 12.9

--------------------
SOUTH BAY STANGS
MINOR BOLT ON'S

www.southbaystangs.com

Posts: 2558 | From: SAN JOSE CA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
moponys
¯
Member # 1370

Ford Icon 9 posted      Profile for moponys  Ford pictures for moponys    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a Emerald 2500 torque converter and it doesn't seem to act right...the car still wants to take off when I'm in gear and let up on the brake...

--------------------
94 GT convertable:TFS twisted wedge heads, TFS street intake, Lunati cam .500/.510 218/226, BBK FPR, BBK shorties, BBK 70mm tb, Pro-m 75mm, ASP pulleys, FRPP 3:73, Transgo shiftkit, Flowmasters, Bassani x-pipe, K&N CAI, FRPP 1.6 roller rockers, 9mm wires,24lbs injectors,190lph fuel pump, MSD cap and rotor, 18" wheels w/street tires, Dyno Tuned AutoLogic chip From Byron, Trickflow phenolic spacer, 180* Thermostat, 2500 converter.

moponys
¯
Member # 1370

Ford Icon 9 posted      Profile for moponys  Ford pictures for moponys    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a Emerald 2500 torque converter and it doesn't seem to act right...the car still wants to take off when I'm in gear and let up on the brake...

--------------------
94 GT convertable:TFS twisted wedge heads, TFS street intake, Lunati cam .500/.510 218/226, BBK FPR, BBK shorties, BBK 70mm tb, Pro-m 75mm, ASP pulleys, FRPP 3:73, Transgo shiftkit, Flowmasters, Bassani x-pipe, K&N CAI, FRPP 1.6 roller rockers, 9mm wires,24lbs injectors,190lph fuel pump, MSD cap and rotor, 18" wheels w/street tires, Dyno Tuned AutoLogic chip From Byron, Trickflow phenolic spacer, 180* Thermostat, 2500 converter.

Joshs Ford
¯
Member # 801

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joshs Ford  Ford pictures for Joshs Ford    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Just think if you had listened to R.j. and me when u first got this car..you could be making 13 second passes. If you would have just listened to us once...would have been in the 11's by now. LOL, im just playin. What happened to getting a bike?
Posts: 692 | From: San Ramon CA, | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
GT35TH
¯
Member # 434

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for GT35TH  Ford pictures for GT35TH  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 5.0Brian:
I've heard that people like Emerald torque converters. I think that they're out of Walnut Creek.

EDIT: I found a link for you. Hope it helps.
http://www.fordmuscle.com/archives/2000/09/converter/index2.shtml

Guys, I just had my Emerald Brute torque converter installed by yesterday by Jim out in Walnut Creek. Very impressive! Especially with a supercharged stang! I will need new tires not too long from now. [Smile]

--------------------
http://www.portalvalues.com

Posts: 72 | From: Vallejo, CA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Emeralds are pricey though.

--------------------
Support our troops!

chosen1
¯
Member # 1906

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for chosen1  Ford pictures for chosen1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i agree with 99gt...NOS will get you into the low 13's if done correctly. gears will definately make a difference. slicks will also help a lot too. i run drag radials on my almost stock 93 cobra, and they do make a difference over regular tires.
99gt-UJSTLST
¯
Member # 584

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 99gt-UJSTLST  Ford pictures for 99gt-UJSTLST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

well with the gears you have a shift kit,and timing adjuster should be close to if not in high 13's

--------------------
SOUTH BAY STANGS
MINOR BOLT ON'S

www.southbaystangs.com

Posts: 2558 | From: SAN JOSE CA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
Norgs
¯
Member # 649

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Norgs  Ford pictures for Norgs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
cam and 4.10s...ram air....short throw...drag radials

--------------------
R.I.P. Miles 12/8/02
R.I.P. Mike 12-2-03 cant believe it. gonna miss u man!!

Posts: 1031 | From: Tempe...formally San Ramon | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com