Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » attn: 99gt-UJSTLST(Javier) (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: attn: 99gt-UJSTLST(Javier)
MR. STALLION
Stallions President
Member # 374

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MR. STALLION  Ford pictures for MR. STALLION  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This is the way it all happened.........I hit the freeway heading home on wed. and I notice that my coolant light has come on(great).....but I think for a minute and realize that I just filled it up the day before [Confused] I get home and it's completely empty. I fill it up and call it a night. I drive to work the next morning and everything is fine. I take my luch, go out to my car and notice a puddle of cooland streaking down the lot(fuuuuck) I check the coolant level, and sure enough it fricken empty [Mad] I though, o.k.......my radiator has a leak, so I go to Kragens and buy that stop leak stuff. I get back to work and decide i'll fix it when I get home........After work I go to start her up....it's starts fine with no probs....so I pop the hood, and I notice it is dripping out from where the thermostat is(you know, where the thick black hose comes from your radiator and connects to that gray aluminum thing which goes into the intake). I think o.k. i'll buy a gasket then retighten everything and it'll be o.k. I go to pep boys and buy one, even though the car doesn't have one stock. I put the orange rubber gasket on and retighten. I get on capitol and smash on it......the coolant light comes back on, and a little smoke(steam) starts coming from the hood. I pull over and check it. The orange rubber gasket has broken and it'd leaking again [Mad] My whole motor is sprayed with it too. I try tightening it down as much as possible, but it still leaks. I hit the freeway from my house and exit Hostetter off 680. Frank pulls next to me after the exit and says my car is spraying coolant all over his winshield(he was behind me). We get to our destination and I notice that my whole rear bumper has coolant sprayed all over it. I leave my car and return in the morning to check where it's leaking from. I jack it up and start it.....it's dripping somewhere where my engine meets the tranny, like right after the oil pan. I don't know if coolant runs anywhere around there, so I call you. I took your advice and went ahead and dissconnected the 2 hoses that go directly into the dash and bought a piece of hose & 2 clamps, & bypassed them together. I start it up and everything is fine for like 5 minutes,then it starts leaking again, but from where the thermostat is. I go to winchester auto and buy another gasket, and ask the guy what I should use to keep it sealed good. He recommends this blue stuff(forget what it's called)....some kind of adhesive that drys(he recommended it) in an hour. So I go back to the car put on the gasket and some of the adhesive. Now the damn rubber orange gasket breaks again!!! I toss it and reassemble the hose without it(it didn't come with one anyway) and put the adhesive all around it and waited about 1 1/2hrs. I go and start it, and everything is fine, no leaking(only for a few minutes). Steve's says when I drive off all kinds of water sprays out of my exhaust. I drive around the corner and come back. Now he says it's stopped. I check my coolant level, and it's fine [Big Grin] I get home and re-check before I park. Checked the spot where it was origonally leaking(where the thermostat is), under the car near the tranny(where it was really pouring), and the coolant level.....it's all good. so this morning I go to start her up. I let it run for bout 2 min. I pop the hood and it's fucking leaking from the thermostat.....where I put all that damn sealant too. it's coming from betewwn the bolts( it has 2, 1 on each side). I just want to know if i use a better sealant and make sure i seal it good will this go away?????? or is it something else?
Is it my damn plastic intake? What the hell is causing this. Oh by the way, the coolant level was still fine this morning, it just started dripping from where the thermostat is....again. What do I do???? I know if I had driven it to work the shit would've spilled all out again.

Posts: 1799 | From: SJ/Campbell, CA USA | Registered: Aug 2001  |  :
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
never, never use radiator 'stop leak' that shit should be banned.

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

99gt-UJSTLST
¯
Member # 584

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 99gt-UJSTLST  Ford pictures for 99gt-UJSTLST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hey jason bring it bye my house ill take a look at it
I will be home at around 8pm tonight
maybe your thermostat has gone bad and is creatting to much presure

I would have to see it to better help you out on how to fix the thermostat houseing

--------------------
SOUTH BAY STANGS
MINOR BOLT ON'S

www.southbaystangs.com

Posts: 2558 | From: SAN JOSE CA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
MR. STALLION
Stallions President
Member # 374

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MR. STALLION  Ford pictures for MR. STALLION  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by shade-tree:
never, never use radiator 'stop leak' that shit should be banned.

Naw, naw, I never used the stop leak, I found out it wasn't the radiator that was leaking.

Do you think that's it Javi.....the thermostat???? It can build up too much pressure?......hmmmm, makes sense.....should I just go buy one before I swing by?? i won't be able to get one if it gets to late.

99gt-UJSTLST
¯
Member # 584

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 99gt-UJSTLST  Ford pictures for 99gt-UJSTLST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yea it could be it but wont now till I see it

--------------------
SOUTH BAY STANGS
MINOR BOLT ON'S

www.southbaystangs.com

MR. STALLION
Stallions President
Member # 374

So should I pick up a thermostat before I swing through? How can you tell if a thermostat is damaged? Also, if it were the thermostat, wouldn't the temp gauge read it??
WANARNM
¯
Member # 587

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WANARNM  Ford pictures for WANARNM    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by MR. STALLION:
So should I pick up a thermostat before I swing through? How can you tell if a thermostat is damaged? Also, if it were the thermostat, wouldn't the temp gauge read it??

The damn needle on the new Mustangs never goes past half. Your car could be over heating l;ike crazy and the needle will just stay at half. That happend to my brothers car befor. we forgot connect the fan and turned on the car, it was running fine for a few min. But then it over heated and the needle was still on half. So dont trust the stock needle.

--------------------
89’ Hatch. Completely stock.

99gt-UJSTLST
¯
Member # 584

quote:

dont buy it yet just bring the car over
if we need to get it autozone is open till 11pm
and I think I have a extra thermostat some where in my garage

just bring it and let me take a look at it maybe is something else

--------------------
SOUTH BAY STANGS
MINOR BOLT ON'S

www.southbaystangs.com

MR. STALLION
Stallions President
Member # 374

You got it.......thanks bro, and J.R. too, I don't know what I would've done without the help...probrubly re-sealed the shit [Big Grin]
Oh yeah, after we fully installed Steve's nos kit, he went looking for Fernando(white SS from spped Inc). They lined em up on Capitol from a 10mph roll and gunned it. Well, Fernando still got him and steve's pissed. Fernando is cool, and he chills wit us sometimes ta bullshit, but Steve's talkin bout droppin out his motor, for a crate. He's already beggin the wife [Big Grin] according to fernando he's only got headers [Roll Eyes] I don't beleive him, especially the way that shit takes off.....it just lifts up a little and growls I think he's got a shot of juice, but won't admit it. You guys know???

Richard95stang
¯
Member # 91

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Richard95stang  Ford pictures for Richard95stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
You got it.......thanks bro, and J.R. too, I don't know what I would've done without the help...probrubly re-sealed the shit [Big Grin]
Oh yeah, after we fully installed Steve's nos kit, he went looking for Fernando(white SS from spped Inc). They lined em up on Capitol from a 10mph roll and gunned it. Well, Fernando still got him and steve's pissed. Fernando is cool, and he chills wit us sometimes ta bullshit, but Steve's talkin bout droppin out his motor, for a crate. He's already beggin the wife [Big Grin] according to fernando he's only got headers [Roll Eyes] I don't beleive him, especially the way that shit takes off.....it just lifts up a little and growls I think he's got a shot of juice, but won't admit it. You guys know???

It's hard to find someone who really admits squeezing. How much did Steve lose by? And how much shot of nos?
Posts: 1496 | From: san jose, ca. usa | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
onesicklx
¯
Member # 285

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for onesicklx  Ford pictures for onesicklx  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
he probably is running all motor, bolt'on ls1 have the potential to run mid twelves, ive seen nos mustangs run 14 seconds in the 1/4. so who knows. i beat that white ss 2 times. its preatty quick but not at top end... [patriot]

[ November 04, 2002, 12:42 PM: Message edited by: onesicklx ]

Posts: 1955 | From: san jose, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
MR. STALLION
Stallions President
Member # 374

quote:
Originally posted by richard90stang:
[QUOTE]How much did Steve lose by? And how much shot of nos?

2 cars.....I don't think he's happy with the NOS...I think he expected to just shoot it and bam he's a rocket. I drove it, and you can feel it, but it doesn't feel like a big shot. He doesn't know what kind of shot he's running now, but i think a 65, plus it's the type that runs before your mass air(right after the air filter), so it takes a second after he squeezes for it to pull.
Richard95stang
¯
Member # 91

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Richard95stang  Ford pictures for Richard95stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by richard90stang:
[QUOTE]How much did Steve lose by? And how much shot of nos?

2 cars.....I don't think he's happy with the NOS...I think he expected to just shoot it and bam he's a rocket. I drove it, and you can feel it, but it doesn't feel like a big shot. He doesn't know what kind of shot he's running now, but i think a 65, plus it's the type that runs before your mass air(right after the air filter), so it takes a second after he squeezes for it to pull.
You think it would of made a difference if steve had raced him off a launch, and also had his dr's
along with a 75 shot?

MR. STALLION
Stallions President
Member # 374

Dunno, I don't think traction was a prob(who knows) we just don't know what kind of shot he's running. I think he's gonna up it though to be sure. Is a 75-100 shot supposed to kick in hard? What he has now doesn't really hit hard.
Jeff S
¯
Member # 371

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff S  Ford pictures for Jeff S  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
MR. STALLION,

Does Steve have a purge valve and a bottle warmer?

--------------------
'90 Mustang LX: 8.53 @ 157.92 w/ 1.33 60' on DR's
'10 ZR1: FOR SALE
'14 E63 S: RENNtech ECU
'04 Gallardo: UGR TTG

Posts: 2121 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Aug 2001  |  :
Night Ryder
¯
Member # 912

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Night Ryder  Ford pictures for Night Ryder    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey Jason do you know the word on that car club Lethal Injection?I seen them at In and Out friday night about 6 cars deep I thought they broke up.Matter of fact I still see some cars with that decal P-51 I thought they broke up also?Do you know anything?

--------------------
96 GT Convertible

"SOUTH BAY STANGS"

WANARNM
¯
Member # 587

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WANARNM  Ford pictures for WANARNM    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Nite Ryder:
Hey Jason do you know the word on that car club Lethal Injection?I seen them at In and Out friday night about 6 cars deep I thought they broke up.Matter of fact I still see some cars with that decal P-51 I thought they broke up also?Do you know anything?

Hey Jermaine. We need to line them up again. Your car has the power, you just need to know how to use it. [Wink] Check your PM's

--------------------
89’ Hatch. Completely stock.

MR. STALLION
Stallions President
Member # 374

Jeff S:
No he has neither. The kit works, but we just don't know what type of shot it is. It does pull though. He got it off Javi(99UJSTLST)

Nite Ryder:
As far as I know Lethal injection is still around. You must've seen em all together for a change(rare). As far as P-51, the only guy I see is that dude with the lisp in the black 98gt coupe w/2001 motor & JBA headers. Here's a direct quote from his own mouth "I can smoke any 96-98gt.....I pull on Z06's off the line"(and he's got a fat header leak....worse than Steve had...) I still think it's just him and 1 other guy who reps it though. The only crew I haven't seen for a minute is Adreneline Rush. All I see now are chevy 1500's with exhaust [Roll Eyes] Oh, RPM is still around also...i've talked with a few of em. You're gonna see alot of crews popping up soon. It's suddenly the "thing" right now.

[ November 04, 2002, 02:17 PM: Message edited by: MR. STALLION ]

--------------------
Jason McCallum
89LX: Built, Stroked, & Blown

99gt-UJSTLST
¯
Member # 584

quote:
Jeff S:
No he has neither. The kit works, but we just don't know what type of shot it is. It does pull though. He got it off Javi(99UJSTLST)

Nite Ryder:
As far as I know Lethal injection is still around. You must've seen em all together for a change(rare). As far as P-51, the only guy I see is that dude with the lisp in the black 98gt coupe w/2001 motor & JBA headers. Here's a direct quote from his own mouth "I can smoke any 96-98gt.....I pull on Z06's off the line"(and he's got a fat header leak....worse than Steve had...) I still think it's just him and 1 other guy who reps it though. The only crew I haven't seen for a minute is Adreneline Rush. All I see now are chevy 1500's with exhaust [Roll Eyes] Oh, RPM is still around also...i've talked with a few of em. You're gonna see alot of crews popping up soon. It's suddenly the "thing" right now.

yea that shot he is useing a a dry shot its really not that accurate at all I think with some good tires he can give that guy a run for his money, but I member that that guy was runing NOS before

he can go to a wet shot but he will blow the intake up

--------------------
SOUTH BAY STANGS
MINOR BOLT ON'S

www.southbaystangs.com

MR. STALLION
Stallions President
Member # 374

Javi, me & Frank will swing by today around 8...coo?

Jeff S:
Is jose's car down right now? i see it at his house on jackstands with a cover on it. Also a blue on kinda like your color with a missing rear bumper. Who's is that one? Where do you guys run. Didk see you guys go at it wit Speed inc a few weeks ago down Capitol.....there was quite a few followers as well. i still remember Jose handing them there ass a while back. haven't seen him around for a while now. Gabriel & Fernando(Speed) did tell me to tell him that they're looking for him....apperently they got something, but wouldn't tell me.

[ November 04, 2002, 03:08 PM: Message edited by: MR. STALLION ]

99gt-UJSTLST
¯
Member # 584

thats cool ill be home at 8pm

--------------------
SOUTH BAY STANGS
MINOR BOLT ON'S

www.southbaystangs.com

Night Ryder
¯
Member # 912

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Night Ryder  Ford pictures for Night Ryder    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by WANARNM:
quote:

Hey Jermaine. We need to line them up again. Your car has the power, you just need to know how to use it. [Wink] Check your PM's

It's these shitty ass tires that I have.See my problem is when I'm in first gear and I gun it my tires just spin.I have no traction at all even richard is hangin with sorry richard no offense.

--------------------
96 GT Convertible

"SOUTH BAY STANGS"

bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
To test the thermostat take it out put it in a pot of water on the stove on high. As the water heats up your thermostat should pop open at what ever temp its set for. If the water boils and it doesn't pop open its bad.
Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
Richard95stang
¯
Member # 91

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by WANARNM:
quote:

It's these shitty ass tires that I have.See my problem is when I'm in first gear and I gun it my tires just spin.I have no traction at all even richard is hangin with sorry richard no offense.

None taken....Continue! [Roll Eyes] hahahaha [Big Grin] lol!
Stallion#9
¯
Member # 1153

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stallion#9  Ford pictures for Stallion#9    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The jet I bought for the kit is meant for a 80 shot however since it is a dry kit im only pushing maybe 70 at the most plus the jet I bought is the wrong brand so it flutters.I need to buy the right one so that I really know the kits pottentual.

a stock mustang with NOS pushing 14s is a shitty driver or his car runs like crap a stock 99-up mustang should hit 13.7 all day add nos and a couple boltons with 4:10 and drag raddials expect 12.9

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com