Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » wich cold air intake???

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: wich cold air intake???
liftedF150
¯
Member # 868

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for liftedF150  Ford pictures for liftedF150    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ok i am thinking about going with the densicharger system for my 91 5.0, anybody have this on there car, if so how do you like it???
any other suggestions would be nice to thx

--------------------
GO SHARKS!

Posts: 3259 | From: Discovery Bay | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
StoplightWarrior
¯
Member # 211

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for StoplightWarrior  Ford pictures for StoplightWarrior        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
densecharger is good...we have a MAC chrome cold air kit on the 94 cobra...made a niiiice gain, you can hear it, and it looks great.

--------------------
2000 GT
couple bolt ons

Check out the website: peep it

Posts: 2952 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  :
cobraman_1994
¯
Member # 467

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobraman_1994  Ford pictures for cobraman_1994    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by StoplightWarrior:
densecharger is good...we have a MAC chrome cold air kit on the 94 cobra...you can hear it, and it looks great.

and thats about it. lol [Wink] , i had the same one on my 94 cobra, and it didnt do shit. id spend a little more and get the densecharger [patriot]

--------------------
86 GT

Posts: 4882 | From: eldorado hills | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
PeNiNsula302
¯
Member # 1061

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PeNiNsula302  Ford pictures for PeNiNsula302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
BBK one seems to work fine for me....showed good gain, just seemed to be a tad more "beefy" on the throttle and it also looks good!
OFFROAD PIPE
¯
Member # 1607

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for OFFROAD PIPE  Ford pictures for OFFROAD PIPE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by PeNiNsula302:
BBK one seems to work fine for me....showed good gain, just seemed to be a tad more "beefy" on the throttle and it also looks good!

yeah, the bbk cai helped mine a lot.

--------------------
ARGUING ON THE INTERNET IS LIKE THE SPECIAL OLYMPICS, EVEN IF YOU WIN, YOURE STILL RETARDED.

Posts: 864 | From: Anaheim Hills, | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
ash
¯
Member # 1523

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for ash  Ford pictures for ash    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
another vote for the dense

--------------------
04 gixxer 600
01 gt buncha stuff.

01YellowCobra
¯
Member # 600

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 01YellowCobra  Ford pictures for 01YellowCobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have the densecharger on my 01 - can't say whether it gave me any HP gains (no dynos to back that up) but SOTP, it worked very well. Throttle response seems quicker, engine "sounds" stronger, as as far as I'm concerned... no regrets.
Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Brian go with the densecharger, it will look the best on your car and have never heard really any negative things about them.

--------------------
Support our troops!

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have the Anderson Ford Motorsports NA powerpipe, it works well. I don't think it much matters which one you get although IMHO the BBK kit is crap (I have/had it)

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

blackcobra98
¯
Member # 1078

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackcobra98  Ford pictures for blackcobra98    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I had a densecharger on my '98 for a few months, and it worked great. I also had the MAC chrome kit for about a year, and it sucked compared to the densecharger. Go with the densecharger. I would still have mine on, but I was unable to squeeze it underneath my strut towerbar without cracking/creasing the intake piping [Frown] .

--------------------
1998 Cobra #2892/3480-**SOLD 7/2/03**
2004 Lightning #1632/3781-**SOLD 8/06**

liftedF150
¯
Member # 868

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for liftedF150  Ford pictures for liftedF150    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ya i think im goign to go with the desicharger, glad my b-day is coming up in 20 days [Smile] , guese what we get to put on my car soon jared [Smile]

--------------------
GO SHARKS!

GTChink
¯
Member # 293

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for GTChink  Ford pictures for GTChink    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
homemade. $35 + a 9" K&N Filter in front of the front tire. [Razz]

--------------------
1999 GT Twin Screwedsold.

Posts: 477 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
PeNiNsula302
¯
Member # 1061

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PeNiNsula302  Ford pictures for PeNiNsula302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by shade-tree:
although IMHO the BBK kit is crap (I have/had it)

Really why do you say that?
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
doesn't fit right, the rubber fittings age easily, it's made of some chromed metal which traps heat exactly where you don't want it...

did I say BBK is crap btw? Any product they make is monkey-engineered and "guaranteed to fit with a deadblow hammer and sweat"

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have installed two densechargers and have talked to many people with the cold air kit and from my expiernces I belive that the BBK fits and looks better. If you are going for show and go get the BBk but if you are going all performance get the densecharger.

--------------------
Support our troops!

Mirza
¯
Member # 135

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mirza  Ford pictures for Mirza    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
upr or afm...

--------------------
'97 RED COBRA

PIC OF THE COBRA

DropTopFox
drama
Member # 1689

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for DropTopFox  Ford pictures for DropTopFox    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have the densecharger on my 95 gt and it definately worked great. I had a K&N with the tornado air intake piece before I put it on and I still noticed a little gain. I have no knowledge of this but I hear that the densecharger is a better buy because the chrom CAI's attract too much heat and defeat the purpose where the plastic densecharger doesn't attract so much heat. The only thing I have against it is that it was harder to install than a BBK in some respects however the BBK also had it's downside especially on your car. WIth BBK you have to have someone hold the damn filter in the fender from under the car while someone maneuvers the pipe onto the filter then the filter has to be tightened from under the car too. [Mad] The Densecharger is black and instead of tightening them with those rings like BBK's the give you screws which on two black pieces it takes forever to match up the holes. I know nothing about MAC except I hear MAC is crap. Good Luck [patriot]

--------------------
Go out and do something for yourself today everyone, quit depending on others

-Me
http://www.CaliforniaFords.com/cgi-bin/album.pl?album=00001689

Posts: 4003 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
liftedF150
¯
Member # 868

so how long did it take you to install it?

--------------------
GO SHARKS!

Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Brian does it matter you know I will be doing it anyways itll take like 10-15minutes if that.

--------------------
Support our troops!

liftedF150
¯
Member # 868

hahahah hey ill hand you tools [Razz] [dance]

--------------------
GO SHARKS!

DropTopFox
drama
Member # 1689

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for DropTopFox  Ford pictures for DropTopFox    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well I have a 95 so we had to glue the mass air meter to the densechager with silcone glue provided by densecharger which was a pain in the ass not likt on you car but it took about 45 mins maybe an hour cause there is so much shit to pull apart on my car just to get the mass air meter. It took us like 10-15 minutes to get the BBK piping on but then it was a bitch to get the filter on from under the car especially without a jack. Fucking BBK decides to give you a filter that doesn't fit through the cut out in your fender. Assholes!!!!!! [Mad]

--------------------
Go out and do something for yourself today everyone, quit depending on others

-Me
http://www.CaliforniaFords.com/cgi-bin/album.pl?album=00001689

Posts: 4003 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
y2kgt01
¯
Member # 1257

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for y2kgt01  Ford pictures for y2kgt01    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
seriously i had my cold air intake-bbk on it like 5 mins then i look at the filter an was like how the fuck does this get in the fenderwell? standing there puzzled trying to figure out what i was gonna do took like 30 mins. i ended up just pullin the wheel well plastic

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com