Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » 4.6 heads and cam

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 4.6 heads and cam
ihatethesesns
¯
Member # 684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ihatethesesns  Ford pictures for ihatethesesns    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ok how many of you guys out there are running the PI heads/intake with cams? How do you like them and about how much of a gain did you see? Also I dont plan on building the bottom end for awhile is it a bad idea to go out and buy heads/cams with out building the bottom first? If you are runing this combo are you N/A or S/C? I am thinking about the DTA heads cam package. This is my daily driver so I'm looking for somehting mild and that with a good tune will hold up for a year or two. Thanks for any Input on this. [patriot]

--------------------
" Friends come and go but enemies Accumulate"

'Fight Crime Shoot First'

Milesblown03
¯
Member # 27

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milesblown03  Ford pictures for Milesblown03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by ihatethesesns:
Ok how many of you guys out there are running the PI heads/intake with cams? How do you like them and about how much of a gain did you see? Also I dont plan on building the bottom end for awhile is it a bad idea to go out and buy heads/cams with out building the bottom first? If you are runing this combo are you N/A or S/C? I am thinking about the DTA heads cam package. This is my daily driver so I'm looking for somehting mild and that with a good tune will hold up for a year or two. Thanks for any Input on this. [patriot]

Im not runnin em personally, but have heard good things. I see no reason you should need to build the bottom, unles your going to add boost, or a major shot of juice. Ive heard roughly 50-70 hp from heads/intake combo...and theyre gettin pretty cheap to find... id say go for it!!!

--------------------
99 honda 996 superhawk...
03 cobra:422rwhp,399rwtq (before pulley)
New best,12.07@119.9(!!)mph on nittos (cant drive to save my life!)

Posts: 1002 | From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  :
ihatethesesns
¯
Member # 684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ihatethesesns  Ford pictures for ihatethesesns    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a S-trim aka the slipping belt... Do you know someone that is running this set up and did the install themselfs? So How do you like the spintechs? I haven't heard them on a cobra b4.

--------------------

ihatethesesns
¯
Member # 684

[burnout]

[ November 01, 2002, 04:02 AM: Message edited by: ihatethesesns ]

--------------------

Milesblown03
¯
Member # 27

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milesblown03  Ford pictures for Milesblown03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by ihatethesesns:
I have a S-trim aka the slipping belt... Do you know someone that is running this set up and did the install themselfs? So How do you like the spintechs? I haven't heard them on a cobra b4.

No, dont know anyone yet that has done it..."1sicgt" had a set hes was going to put on his GT, but i think he decided to sell the heads instead. I cant imagine a 2v motor being that hard to yank apart, but i wouldnt want to try it if youre not experienced with motor work. From what ive heard, its pretty straightforward, just takes some time. If youre running and S tri already, once you get the heads/intake installed, youll probably be about at your limit when it comes to the stock shortblock. Not so say it wont last, but youre going to be pushin it. Most 4.6 2v motors seem to like less than 400rwhp... any more than that, and youre setin yourself up for trouble...what kind of rwhp are you pullin right now??? WHat other mods??
As for the spintechs, they sound freakin cool, i love the way they sound!

--------------------
99 honda 996 superhawk...
03 cobra:422rwhp,399rwtq (before pulley)
New best,12.07@119.9(!!)mph on nittos (cant drive to save my life!)

Posts: 1002 | From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  :
dave96gt
Member # 2033

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for dave96gt  Ford pictures for dave96gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Do some people want to get together and give this headswap thing a try?

--------------------
1996 aode all stock

Primer GR40
¯
Member # 476

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Primer GR40  Ford pictures for Primer GR40  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
there is a GP on the P.I. heads at corral.net in the GP forum

--------------------
Superdupercharged Cobra
No Transmatic Notch

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com