Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Lowering Springs

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Lowering Springs
WANARNM
¯
Member # 587

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WANARNM  Ford pictures for WANARNM    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just bought a 98GT and it is complety stock. I already got some Cobra R's 17X9 in front and 17X10.5 in the back. It looks alot better but it needs to be lowerd. I would like to lower her exactly an 1inch 1/2". What springs can give me that without breaking my pokets? Thanx.

--------------------
89’ Hatch. Completely stock.

TRY2PAZ
¯
Member # 97

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRY2PAZ  Ford pictures for TRY2PAZ  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Eibach Pro-Kit will be your best bet. it wil give you better handling, and also not a harsh ride. HAve you thought about doing struts and shocks at the same time?

--------------------
http://www.fnsweet.com/pics/events/sj_gtg_1020/sj_gtg1020_30.jpg

Posts: 4033 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
WANARNM
¯
Member # 587

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WANARNM  Ford pictures for WANARNM    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by TRY2PAZ:
Eibach Pro-Kit will be your best bet. it wil give you better handling, and also not a harsh ride. HAve you thought about doing struts and shocks at the same time?

I dont want to go all out racing. I just want to lower it to give it a better look. This Pro kit just lowers it right? Its not the Drag launch pro kit???

If the kit that you are talking about just for lowering, will it lower it 1 1/2 inch? Thanx for the reply Brian. [patriot]

--------------------
89’ Hatch. Completely stock.

J's DDLY SNK
¯
Member # 2016

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for J's DDLY SNK  Ford pictures for J's DDLY SNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the Eibach Pro Kit is what you want. They lower your car 1 1/2 inches. you should also put in new shocks and truts. I am buying the Pro kit along with KYB shocks and struts pretty soon for my 97 cobra which I believe are the same for the GT's and last time I checked it was going to be under $500 with Summit

--------------------
Rest In Peace
Juan Moya "The King Cobra"
11/16/81 - 8/20/05
We Will Never Forget You

Mirza
¯
Member # 135

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mirza  Ford pictures for Mirza    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
pro kit is allright but my real concern is J's DDLY SNK...

Dude, don't put the KYB's on your car...they are shit...I had them when I had my car @ regular lowering height and they were SHIT!!

Then when I lowered more everything went to shit..so I had to switch to foxbody Koni Yellows and OF COURSE they took care of everything..(they better for $150 a strut)

At least save up and go Tokicos..

--------------------
'97 RED COBRA

PIC OF THE COBRA

Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You have to lower sn95's a lot for them to look lowered if I were you I would waste the time and money on the pro kit. Get the sportlines. You will be satisfied.

--------------------
Support our troops!

J's DDLY SNK
¯
Member # 2016

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for J's DDLY SNK  Ford pictures for J's DDLY SNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks Mirza - the only reason i decided to go for the KYB was because the rep at Summit said they were fine for the set up i was looking for. anything lower I needed Koni or Tokicos. Ill look to see how much I can save in the next month for a better set!

--------------------
Rest In Peace
Juan Moya "The King Cobra"
11/16/81 - 8/20/05
We Will Never Forget You

Mirza
¯
Member # 135

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mirza  Ford pictures for Mirza    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just dont believe in a performance strut for $30..not that I am saying the more expensive the better it's just that the tokicos will give u a much better setup..you don't want to go cheap on parts when building your stang cuz later you will regret it...save up and buy right the first time...

--------------------
'97 RED COBRA

PIC OF THE COBRA

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com