Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Not A 302, A 281

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Not A 302, A 281
00silver-gt
¯
Member # 1655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 00silver-gt  Ford pictures for 00silver-gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Cam Package for a 281 mustang gt. Sorry guys. I don't know shit about cars. I just want a cam and head package for my 2000 gt w/bbk off road x-pipe, mac mufflers, shorty headers, cold air intake, five-speed. Thanks.

--------------------
5-SPEED
BBK OFF ROAD X-PIPE
SHORTY HEADERS
MAC MUFFLERS W/3"TIPS
MAC COLD AIR INTAKE
EIBACH SPORTLINE SPRINGS

Posts: 48 | From: Pleasanton, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
DropTopFox
drama
Member # 1689

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for DropTopFox  Ford pictures for DropTopFox    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That's cool but I hear Mac products are horse crap try another muffler [patriot]

--------------------
Go out and do something for yourself today everyone, quit depending on others

-Me
http://www.CaliforniaFords.com/cgi-bin/album.pl?album=00001689

Posts: 4003 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
StoplightWarrior
¯
Member # 211

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for StoplightWarrior  Ford pictures for StoplightWarrior        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you got bucks, call up Sean Hyland Motorsports...they'd be more than happy to accomodate you! 519-875-3150

--------------------
2000 GT
couple bolt ons

Check out the website: peep it

Posts: 2952 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  :
00silver-gt
¯
Member # 1655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 00silver-gt  Ford pictures for 00silver-gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You should hear the mac mufflers on my car though, they sound better than any other new gt, with just exhaust. It has the 5.0 sound to it. What exhaust are you running?

--------------------
5-SPEED
BBK OFF ROAD X-PIPE
SHORTY HEADERS
MAC MUFFLERS W/3"TIPS
MAC COLD AIR INTAKE
EIBACH SPORTLINE SPRINGS

00silver-gt
¯
Member # 1655

Thanks I'll try that number

--------------------
5-SPEED
BBK OFF ROAD X-PIPE
SHORTY HEADERS
MAC MUFFLERS W/3"TIPS
MAC COLD AIR INTAKE
EIBACH SPORTLINE SPRINGS

StoplightWarrior
¯
Member # 211

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for StoplightWarrior  Ford pictures for StoplightWarrior        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Mac mufflers sound like crap IMO...too raspy and burbly...I have magnaflow mufflers and a bassani Xpipe...sounds smooth and tough.

BTW, if you dont have one already, order up a Steeda Triax Shifter for your 5speed!! Huge difference in driveablity!!

Also, you know that by staying NA, you're not gonna achieve nearly the same results youd get if you just put a blower on!? That's what i'd do in your position if I had money!

--------------------
2000 GT
couple bolt ons

00silver-gt
¯
Member # 1655

Ok, I'll see how much more I can come up with because I only have $3800 right now and I wanted to get rims too.

Oh, and the steeda tri-ax has given 3 of my friends with 00' and newer GTs transmission problems. A lot of people say go with the pro 5.0.

Ford in Dublin is trying to say that they won't warranty the transmission with any aftermarket shifters on them, but that's stupid because their saleens come with them.

I was planning on trying the steeda b/c I loved the way it felt in the bullitt. I'll let you know what I decide to do.

Thanks again!

--------------------
5-SPEED
BBK OFF ROAD X-PIPE
SHORTY HEADERS
MAC MUFFLERS W/3"TIPS
MAC COLD AIR INTAKE
EIBACH SPORTLINE SPRINGS

StoplightWarrior
¯
Member # 211

[Confused] Shifter shouldnt mess up the tranny! I love my steeda!!! And certainly havent had any problems!

--------------------
2000 GT
couple bolt ons

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
just so you know, the money you spend on heads/cams/intake work on your 4.6 SOHC would have probably paid for a Vortech S-trim with the goodies. I rather doubt you'll get even 25% of the power add that an S-trim would provide.

But I can understand wanting to go the 'all motor' route. Nothing wrong with that, just wanted to point out that 'bang for the buck' is a bit harsh for your plans.

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

cobraman_1994
¯
Member # 467

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobraman_1994  Ford pictures for cobraman_1994    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
or save some more money and do a DOHC motor swap. but thats a little pricey [Razz]

--------------------
86 GT

Posts: 4882 | From: eldorado hills | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
302n/a
¯
Member # 1465

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 302n/a  Ford pictures for 302n/a    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
another vote for mac mufflers macs and flowmaster are the best sounding on mustangs i had magnaflows on for 1 week took them off they sound like stock mufflers even with my longtubes and x-pipe i let my friend drive my car with them on yuk car sounded horrible

--------------------
Raiders A's Warriors Sharks

POONSTANG
¯
Member # 79

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for POONSTANG  Ford pictures for POONSTANG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I run Mac now...used to have Flows and lots of them...but the Mac's sound meaner. Not to mention the Mac makes more power than the Flowmasters...*don't flame me for saying that, its in the new 5.0 mag* but either way, it's nice to have something that sounds different from the sea of other mustangs. [patriot]

--------------------
98 Chrome Yellow Cobra === Sold
2004 Silver WRX Wagon ==== Modded
1967 Black/Green Mustang Coupe
*being resto-modded as we speak*

Posts: 933 | From: Lawrenceville, Ga | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
nitrousracing
¯
Member # 1346

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for nitrousracing  Ford pictures for nitrousracing    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 00silver-gt:
Oh, and the steeda tri-ax has given 3 of my friends with 00' and newer GTs transmission problems. A lot of people say go with the pro 5.0.

I thought the triax and the pro50 was pretty much the exact same shifter?

--------------------
1999 BMW 323is

TRY2PAZ
¯
Member # 97

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRY2PAZ  Ford pictures for TRY2PAZ  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by nitrousracing:
quote:
Originally posted by 00silver-gt:

I thought the triax and the pro50 was pretty much the exact same shifter?
Oh no,
I had the pro 5.0, and I did not like it. I have a steeda tri-ax, and I love it to death. I would never buy another shifter. You need to drive a car with each different one tpo see which one is better.

--------------------
http://www.fnsweet.com/pics/events/sj_gtg_1020/sj_gtg1020_30.jpg

Posts: 4033 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
POONSTANG
¯
Member # 79

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for POONSTANG  Ford pictures for POONSTANG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hell...I bent the shank on my Pro 5.0...the shank that goes into the tranny...bent that fucker and went to just a Ripper for now. Will do a Steeda or ?

--------------------
98 Chrome Yellow Cobra === Sold
2004 Silver WRX Wagon ==== Modded
1967 Black/Green Mustang Coupe
*being resto-modded as we speak*

Posts: 933 | From: Lawrenceville, Ga | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
y2kgt01
¯
Member # 1257

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for y2kgt01  Ford pictures for y2kgt01    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i definatly wouldnt reccomend mac anything to any mustang owner! all my mac parts have either broke or didnt meet my expectations at all and i have replaced them. their aluminized exhaust sounds terrible, and their products just arent good quality at all. just my .02
Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Mac products all blow but I would have to say there mufflers sound real good on 4.6 cars. Havent heard them before on any 5.0 though.

I like the pro 5.0 shifter a lot better than the steeda tri ax. Kevin if you do have any problems with your tranny we can just take off the after market shifter and throw the stock one back on there before you take your car in. Its real simple to change shifters.

Kevin if I had that much money to spend on your car I would use it for maybe some bomb ass rims and maybe a 150 shot NX kit. Dont go the N/A route whatever you do. You will be spending a lot more money and not going nearly as fast.

I think you should keep the stock rims you have on there they dont look bad, use like $900 for a nitrous kit which would include purge warmer and bottle openor and then use the rest on 3.73 gears and drag radials. You would be well into the 12's by then [patriot]

--------------------
Support our troops!

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com