Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » 2003 Cobra Allignment

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 2003 Cobra Allignment
*SlipNslide281*
¯
Member # 622

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *SlipNslide281*  Ford pictures for *SlipNslide281*  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
After lowering the car Your supposed to get it alligned. I bought some Caster Camber plates and the mechanic says that there are rivitts on the stock cambers and said all you have to do is pop out the rivitts and he can adjust the stock camber plates and may not need the aftermarket Castercamber plates. Is this true? Should I just leave the stock Cambers?
Posts: 1817 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
GTChink
¯
Member # 293

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for GTChink  Ford pictures for GTChink    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yup. Somtimes if the drop is not that low, they may be able to align and adjust the caster/camber with the stock plates. But since you already have the new plates, I'd use those...they will still give you more adjustability than the stock plates.

--------------------
1999 GT Twin Screwedsold.

Posts: 477 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
Javier
¯
Member # 547

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Javier  Ford pictures for Javier    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thats what i did Adam...

all i did was drill out the ribits and adjusted my stock plates at the alignment shop..
and i had them set the camber at -1.5 which is great for agressive street driving. and doesnt ware your tires all

99gt-UJSTLST
¯
Member # 584

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 99gt-UJSTLST  Ford pictures for 99gt-UJSTLST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yea thats right but you get way better adjustability with afthere market plates and they are way stronger then stock

--------------------
SOUTH BAY STANGS
MINOR BOLT ON'S

www.southbaystangs.com

Posts: 2558 | From: SAN JOSE CA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
*SlipNslide281*
¯
Member # 622

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *SlipNslide281*  Ford pictures for *SlipNslide281*  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks guys. I think I will just leave my stock ones on.
Posts: 1817 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
MR. STALLION
Stallions President
Member # 374

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MR. STALLION  Ford pictures for MR. STALLION  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Adam, hit me up at work. The # is 650-857-3411 [patriot]
Posts: 1799 | From: SJ/Campbell, CA USA | Registered: Aug 2001  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com