Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » 300rwhp N/A 96-98 Cobra

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 300rwhp N/A 96-98 Cobra
Mjp
Member # 1987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mjp  Ford pictures for Mjp    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What's the best way to achieve this? Easily obtainable?

Thanks,
Matt

Copello
¯
Member # 1534

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Copello  Ford pictures for Copello    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the only bolt ons that will give ou lots of rwhp is super chargers, turbo's and nos, other then that ....a horse power here another here but no major power increases. I prefer the turbo myself.
Posts: 1309 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
Joshs Ford
¯
Member # 801

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joshs Ford  Ford pictures for Joshs Ford    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I agree with stoked, Get some Long tube headers, 1 5/8, a Dr. Gas x pipe, Mufflers (not sure which are the best flowing now a days). Then get like an 85+mm Pro-M MAF calibrated for 30 lb injectors, 75mm ACCUFAB TB, a set of heads(dont know 4.6L heads at all) Get a custom grinded cam, advance the timing, get pullies, get rid of smog pump. Switch electric water pump if possible. Build you own home made ram-air, go to OSH(or hardware stores like it) and buy Dryer ducting, as if u were to fix your dryer. I believe 2 inch, or 2.5 is the biggest you can go. I know 3 inch wont work. And route that directly to you 9 inch K&N air filter(Dont get cold air). Get a carbon fiber driveshaft, and a good clutch(or smaller torque converter is auto). Gears to help your 1/4 mile out. Get oil cooler, and tranny cooler if auto. This is if you wish to stay with your stock bottom end.

If starting with a new bottom end; Get forged and lightweight everything(crank, rods, pistons) and up the comprssion to about 11:1. Get the mini-stroker kit to stroke it to 302ci. Then do what is stated up top.

Should be able to reach ur goal with that....if u still have money, u can spend $1300 on the billit intake manifold....but I think its a waste of money, unless you are gonna be blown or turbo'd.

Hope this helps.

Posts: 692 | From: San Ramon CA, | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
Joshs Ford
¯
Member # 801

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joshs Ford  Ford pictures for Joshs Ford    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just realized you said 96-98, sorry, only difference though, Change the intake manifold to maybe the 99+ or whatever the best intake manifold youcan buy. I just dont know the 4.6L's, sorry, but everything else I stated should allow you to get closer to your goal.
Posts: 692 | From: San Ramon CA, | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
stangin'
¯
Member # 514

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangin'  Ford pictures for stangin'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i dynoed at 287rwhp with the following mods:
dr-gas o/r x-pipe
borla xr-1 catback
k&n filter
steeda pulleys

with long tubes and a custom tuned you should be able to get 300rwhp. i dont think you will need a bigger MAF, i dought that the stock meter is getting pegged at 300rwhp. first thing first, get some 4.30s [Big Grin] .

Primer GR40
¯
Member # 476

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Primer GR40  Ford pictures for Primer GR40  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the HCI intake manifold will give u prob 20 to 30 at he rear wheels. talk to mne cause im getting ione and can telllu abouthim or pick one up 4 u
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Locally, I only know of 99+ DOHC's that have made 300+ RWHP with stock heads/intake/cams.

Are you after a certain ET/MPH or you just want to say "300rwhp" ?

Mjp
Member # 1987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mjp  Ford pictures for Mjp    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks guys for the combos. I really appreciate it. My goal is to reach 300rwhp N/A, and then add a blower to that setup.
Mirza
¯
Member # 135

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mirza  Ford pictures for Mirza    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
its nitrous and not NOS..NOS is a company that makes the nitrous kit...just trying to save you some emberassment bro..

--------------------
'97 RED COBRA

PIC OF THE COBRA

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com