Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Upper and lower porting

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Upper and lower porting
POONSTANG
¯
Member # 79

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for POONSTANG  Ford pictures for POONSTANG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
98 cobra...upper and lower porting...where can I find some detailed info on attempting this??

--------------------
98 Chrome Yellow Cobra === Sold
2004 Silver WRX Wagon ==== Modded
1967 Black/Green Mustang Coupe
*being resto-modded as we speak*

Posts: 933 | From: Lawrenceville, Ga | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
POONSTANG
¯
Member # 79

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for POONSTANG  Ford pictures for POONSTANG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by STOKED:
oh yea if you would like to do the small things that you can do.... try this

Gasket match throttle body to lid ( if you have after market one )
Polish the upper lid out good
Clean up the bosses where the runners Connect to the intake... grind those tabs down so its nice and smooth
Polish out all of the runners.... they have lots of casting flash all over them
Gasket match the Primary ports and Secondary ports
at the top of the primary port and secondary ports in the intake is a thick wall thats comes togther from the runners.... knife edge this so the transition into the the two ports is nice and not so turbulant from the blunt wall top... ( if your not sure about this PM me and I will see If I have a pic of this area )
And if you keep your IMRC plates clean em out good with some carb cleaner cause they will be black and nasty looking....

( I hate to tell you this but I talked to David Simmons of the SSR intake and he said all these mods on the intake might not even be worth 5-10 hp.... he says the short runners and deletes with the new tune is where the power really starts to shine.... )
Hope this helps bro! [Big Grin]

Thanks man...I really appreciate all of this info..Im gonna tear it down later in the week once I get my LX back in driving condition again. See what this bad boy looks like when I take it apart... [Big Grin] Will let you know how it turns out!!
Posts: 933 | From: Lawrenceville, Ga | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com