Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » 4.6 2V TT

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 4.6 2V TT
Wolfie351
¯
Member # 651

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wolfie351  Ford pictures for Wolfie351    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Interesting twin turbo prototype...

-

http://www.youngsperformance.com/

--------------------
1985 Mustang GT: 351W, Griggs, Baer, etc etc

Posts: 1214 | From: South Bay | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
99gt-UJSTLST
¯
Member # 584

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 99gt-UJSTLST  Ford pictures for 99gt-UJSTLST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
looks like its goin to be a bitch to install

--------------------
SOUTH BAY STANGS
MINOR BOLT ON'S

www.southbaystangs.com

Posts: 2558 | From: SAN JOSE CA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
WANARNM
¯
Member # 587

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WANARNM  Ford pictures for WANARNM    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Wolfie351:

-

[Eek!] Looks sweet. What kit is that?

--------------------
89’ Hatch. Completely stock.

Bullitt3905
¯
Member # 905

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bullitt3905  Ford pictures for Bullitt3905    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i wish they would come out with the prices. but i'm gonna get the stage II when they start selling them.

--------------------
2001 Mustang Bullitt #3905
SR springs, koni orange, steeda sts, magnaflows, 18" Bullitt wheels, grille delete, chin spoiler, 03 cf hood, JLT sri

Posts: 1067 | From: citrus heights, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
Chris C.
¯
Member # 1949

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris C.  Ford pictures for Chris C.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
looks like its goin to be a bitch to install
I second that! [Eek!]

--------------------
-1990 Coupe

Posts: 636 | From: San Jose, Ca | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
Milesblown03
¯
Member # 27

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milesblown03  Ford pictures for Milesblown03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Kinda looks like the install i did on my old cougar... complete chaos

--------------------
99 honda 996 superhawk...
03 cobra:422rwhp,399rwtq (before pulley)
New best,12.07@119.9(!!)mph on nittos (cant drive to save my life!)

Posts: 1002 | From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  :
Joshs Ford
¯
Member # 801

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joshs Ford  Ford pictures for Joshs Ford    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Would prolly suck big time if anything besides your alternator went out, LOL. Taking turbo off just to install new smog pump. That would suck. How would that engine fit in the 99+ cars, turbos would be going into the radiator, or sticking out of the front fascia
Posts: 692 | From: San Ramon CA, | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by ChicoStang w/ GF:
Would prolly suck big time if anything besides your alternator went out, LOL. Taking turbo off just to install new smog pump. That would suck. How would that engine fit in the 99+ cars, turbos would be going into the radiator, or sticking out of the front fascia

That is a 99+ car. You can tell by the indiviual coil ignition. aka lack of plug wires.

--------------------
14 Focus TS ST3 full Stg3, ready for bigger Turbo
2003 Cobra Track Car

Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That will be one damn fast 2v. I can't wait to see some numbers on it. I would kill to get a hold of a TT kit for mine. [patriot]

--------------------
14 Focus TS ST3 full Stg3, ready for bigger Turbo
2003 Cobra Track Car

Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
FlyingLow
¯
Member # 1485

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlyingLow  Ford pictures for FlyingLow    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

-

..W O W !!!!! [worship] ... [Big Grin]
Posts: 346 | From: North Valley SJ | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
cobraman_1994
¯
Member # 467

Ford Icon 13 posted      Profile for cobraman_1994  Ford pictures for cobraman_1994    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
its a good thing another place other then TDC is trying out the 4.6 turbos. cause i smell another Incon with TDC [Roll Eyes]

[ October 15, 2002, 10:49 AM: Message edited by: cobraman1994 ]

--------------------
86 GT

Posts: 4882 | From: eldorado hills | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
TRY2PAZ
¯
Member # 97

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRY2PAZ  Ford pictures for TRY2PAZ  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Scott,
what kit is that? How much for acomplete kit with an intercooler?

What have you been up to? Are you coming buy on the 20th?

--------------------
http://www.fnsweet.com/pics/events/sj_gtg_1020/sj_gtg1020_30.jpg

Posts: 4033 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
Wolfie351
¯
Member # 651

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wolfie351  Ford pictures for Wolfie351    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by TRY2PAZ:
Scott,
what kit is that? How much for acomplete kit with an intercooler?

What have you been up to? Are you coming buy on the 20th?

Looks to me like the radiator hose will pass right above those red-hot turbos!!

The link to their website is below the picture and they have some more info there, but not much. Said to be released in the spring of 2003, which will probably be more like the fall. They also said they will try to get a CARB E.O. number which might be possible because it's a twin turbo and will use the stock h-pipe. That's something the single turbo kits can't do among other things. But, I wouldn't hold my breath. Pricing...your guess is as good as mine. But I think the perceived value for a 450hp kit would be about $5900 and the 600hp kit $6700. If they do get a CARB #, it will probably be higher than that since they will be the only turbo company that has one and that has a LOT of value. But, like I said, I'm only guessing.

Brian, since the meet on the 20th is practically in my backyard, I'll probably make it there. But, the '85 isn't running and I have 2 weekends to get it fixed before Stan's event on the 31st. So, that's my priority right now. I don't really want to run the Saleen, but I might not have a choice. Hope those stock GT brakes are up to the task!! [Eek!]

--------------------

TRY2PAZ
¯
Member # 97

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRY2PAZ  Ford pictures for TRY2PAZ  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by TRY2PAZ:
[qb]ScottBut, the '85 isn't running and I have 2 weekends to get it fixed before Stan's event on the 31st. So, that's my priority right now. I don't really want to run the Saleen, but I might not have a choice. Hope those stock GT brakes are up to the task!! [Eek!]

HAHAHA
Unfortunatley, I can not afford it because of my house. No racing for me for a while [Frown]

HAve fun, You should at last stop by and have a piece of pizza [Big Grin]

--------------------
http://www.fnsweet.com/pics/events/sj_gtg_1020/sj_gtg1020_30.jpg

Posts: 4033 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
Copello
¯
Member # 1534

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Copello  Ford pictures for Copello    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you people ever read mustangs and fast fords like 6 months ago there was adds for the 4.6 turbo is here. prices started at like $3500 and there was 3 different kits one was for like up too 700+hp on a stock 4.6
Posts: 1309 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
Wolfie351
¯
Member # 651

quote:
Originally posted by 5.0#3 88'conv:
you people ever read mustangs and fast fords like 6 months ago there was adds for the 4.6 turbo is here. prices started at like $3500 and there was 3 different kits one was for like up too 700+hp on a stock 4.6

I believe you're thinking of TDC. I like the kit, but am skeptical of the company.

--------------------

DementedGT
¯
Member # 1463

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DementedGT  Ford pictures for DementedGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
I believe you're thinking of TDC. I like the kit, but am skeptical of the company.

Whats up with their website? hmmm www.turbodrivenconcepts.com [Confused]
Posts: 275 | From: SF Bay Area, CA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
cobraman_1994
¯
Member # 467

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobraman_1994  Ford pictures for cobraman_1994    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by cobraman1994:
its a good thing another place other then TDC is trying out the 4.6 turbos. cause i smell another Incon with TDC [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
86 GT

Posts: 4882 | From: eldorado hills | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com