Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » DYNO TUNE FRIDAY!!!!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: DYNO TUNE FRIDAY!!!!
Mach103
¯
Member # 746

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach103  Ford pictures for Mach103    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a DYNO TUNE on friday the 11th at APEX MOTORSPORTS should i be looking foward to this, u guys think this shit really helps us mustang guys out. well i cant wait. Let me know any pros and cons. let me if anyone has done this before. thanks for all the help guys. mario.

--------------------
2007 Ford Mustang GT
1995 Mustang GT Sapphire Blue(SOLD)
2003 Mustang Mach 1 (SOLD)
2006 Chevy Trailblazer SS

TM88GT
¯
Member # 105

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TM88GT  Ford pictures for TM88GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I had my car dyno tuned there when I first had my A-trim installed(3yrs ago). I picked up 40rwhp / 20 lb-ft tq with the chip, over the FMU/Boost Retard tune I had.
Posts: 142 | From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What combo are you having tuned?
Mach103
¯
Member # 746

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach103  Ford pictures for Mach103    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thanks for the info did u think it was a good idea, did it make your car run any better, u think its a good idea. well for the combo it is a 302, b cam, aliunum ederlbroke heads, also upper and lower intake too, and a s trim. mario.
66 InjectedCobra
¯
Member # 819

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 InjectedCobra  Ford pictures for 66 InjectedCobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dude thats the BEST idea EVER.
For what you get in performance, drive ability, not running lean and blowing pistons/head gaskets... It's the best money spent.

To get ready for your tune make sure your base timing is set at 10 degrees.
Do you have FMU and what size injectors do you have. 8lbs of boost??

--------------------
Just An Old Slow Ford!

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=6389544

Mach103
¯
Member # 746

66injectedcobra its mario, i have talk to u on the phone before but i dont know if u remember me but anyways. i do have an fmu and im running 36lbs injectors also. so u think its a good idea u think it will work im not really looking for the HP just looking for the car to run great. i also i have a boost retard to hook up but i dont know how to hook it up u think APEX will do it. it shouldnt be hard. thanks mario.
nickn
¯
Member # 193

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for nickn  Ford pictures for nickn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you wont need the boost retard with a dyno tune most likely, ask apex when you get there, is Byron tuning your car?
66 InjectedCobra
¯
Member # 819

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 InjectedCobra  Ford pictures for 66 InjectedCobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
First thing you need to do is dunp that damn FMU.
If you want your car to run RIGHT and do it consistantly then that thing needs to go, Just ask Byron.
If you have a 255lph pump then thats enough and you won't need the FMU. Other wise get a T-rex.

Next you will not even need the retard box, you will need a hot spark like MSD or whatever.
So if thats what you have don't worrie about the retard part.

Make sure this is all done before your tune Bro.
Call me if you have any qusetions (510) 760-5254...Mike

--------------------
Just An Old Slow Ford!

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=6389544

Mach103
¯
Member # 746

Hey mike its mario, byron is going to tune the car i do have a 255lp in tank fuel pump and i also have a FMU too so i do have both, the FMU in on the car im going to leave there untill friday and see what byron says. r u sure i dont need a boost retard on the car i do have a MSD 6a is that cool. mario.
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What size injectors do you have? Too too too many cars that get a dyno tune suffer from lack of a fuel system. The second most common problem is usuall belt slip. Your combo should make 420ish RWHP. Ideally, you need an inline pump like a t-rex or walbro inline pump and 36 lbs injectors for that kinda power. [patriot]
Mach103
¯
Member # 746

well i have 36lb injectors and i also have walbro 255 fuel pump too so i dont think i lak in that area.mario.
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Do you have an inline pump or at least the "high pressure" 255 intank? How much fuel pressure do you see under boost?
Mach103
¯
Member # 746

well no i dont have a in line tank but i do have a high pressure 255 in tank pump. i dont know what the fuel presure is underboost i really havent drove the car since i put the S/C on or really got on the throttle.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com