Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Wet Kits for 4.6s?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Wet Kits for 4.6s?
PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PunkINa5.SLOW  Ford pictures for PunkINa5.SLOW    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Anyone make/sell one yet?

--------------------
OUTTA THA DRAMA

R.I.P. MIKE STARKEY MY BABY BROTHER
12/8/77-5/17/03

2000BlackGT
Loyalty
Member # 283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2000BlackGT  Ford pictures for 2000BlackGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by PunkINa5.SLOW:
Anyone make/sell one yet?

NX
Posts: 2833 | From: Chico, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PunkINa5.SLOW  Ford pictures for PunkINa5.SLOW    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Figured

Wonder how well it works.

Anyone?

--------------------
OUTTA THA DRAMA

R.I.P. MIKE STARKEY MY BABY BROTHER
12/8/77-5/17/03

2000BlackGT
Loyalty
Member # 283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2000BlackGT  Ford pictures for 2000BlackGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
supposed to be the best kit out there for the 4.6s so far. The NOSzle kit seems like a good idea but i heard of tuning issues with it right now. People are having wierd idles because the injector is raised and the computer isnt compensating for that. Give someone a while and a way to tune and that kit will become a lot more popular. I also heard that it comes with shitty plastic lines that should be replaced with good braided lines though. Oh well. NX is supposed to be top quality for us, we'll see [patriot]

[ October 05, 2002, 02:54 AM: Message edited by: 2000BlackGT ]

2000BlackGT
Loyalty
Member # 283

STOKED: 10lb bottle is 16 pounds, composite bottle: 6 pounds...is it really worth it? [patriot]
302n/a
¯
Member # 1465

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 302n/a  Ford pictures for 302n/a    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the only safe one is the nosszle kit which is like 1500$ the wet kits blow up our plastic intake manifolds and dry kits suck

--------------------
Raiders A's Warriors Sharks

bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Heres the deal about the noszle kit. One of the things that you need to do is cut the TPS plug off and install new plugs on both ends of the cut wire harness. If there are any problems with the new plugs that you put on IE loose pins bad solder connections. You will start throwing TPS codes and the idle will be all over the place. I had this problem and we fixed it today. No more codes or idle problems. We took the car out and ran it with a cold bottle, OMG the car pulled like a son of a bitch!!! The tires were spinning hard and it still pulled the car out of the hole harder then it has before. Can't wait to get the bottle heater on and get to the track [Big Grin]
My recommendation is for the NOSzle kit, but then again thats the only one I've ever tried and its also the safest kit that I could find out there.

Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
99gt-UJSTLST
¯
Member # 584

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 99gt-UJSTLST  Ford pictures for 99gt-UJSTLST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by bunchmyfunky:
Heres the deal about the noszle kit. One of the things that you need to do is cut the TPS plug off and install new plugs on both ends of the cut wire harness. If there are any problems with the new plugs that you put on IE loose pins bad solder connections. You will start throwing TPS codes and the idle will be all over the place. I had this problem and we fixed it today. No more codes or idle problems. We took the car out and ran it with a cold bottle, OMG the car pulled like a son of a bitch!!! The tires were spinning hard and it still pulled the car out of the hole harder then it has before. Can't wait to get the bottle heater on and get to the track [Big Grin]
My recommendation is for the NOSzle kit, but then again thats the only one I've ever tried and its also the safest kit that I could find out there.

what shot you goin with
sounds like 11's [Big Grin]

--------------------
SOUTH BAY STANGS
MINOR BOLT ON'S

www.southbaystangs.com

Posts: 2558 | From: SAN JOSE CA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
COBRyan
¯
Member # 1462

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for COBRyan  Ford pictures for COBRyan    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
get a dry kit

--------------------
Bryan

2003 Zinc Yellow Cobra Coupe

bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
100 shot. Just looking for low 12s for now. Until I can get a cage and everything else needed to run 11s.
Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
nickn
¯
Member # 193

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for nickn  Ford pictures for nickn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://www.nitrous-power.com

The best atomization period, makes more power than other kits, using the same amount of nitrous.

Mirza
¯
Member # 135

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mirza  Ford pictures for Mirza    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
NX.. cheap, reliable, efficient..why? cuz I have one for my cobra...

Been spraying for over a year and still no trouble..

Chris, gimme a call I wanna tell you about a little white snake that took a fall today..

--------------------
'97 RED COBRA

PIC OF THE COBRA

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com