Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Where to go????

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Where to go????
Joshs Ford
¯
Member # 801

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joshs Ford  Ford pictures for Joshs Ford    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
To get online manuels for installation of parts. Example of how to install a TB or adjustable fuel pressure regulator. This is all on a 5.0 88, thanks
Posts: 692 | From: San Ramon CA, | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
Joshs Ford
¯
Member # 801

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joshs Ford  Ford pictures for Joshs Ford    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Anywhere I can go on the internet for instruction on how to install a TB, EGR spacer, thermo, and otehr things? I dont wanna mess up at alL!!!!
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Go to Kragens and buy a chiltons manual.

All that stuff goes on how it came off. The proper tools and a little common sense will go a long way [patriot]

cobraman_1994
¯
Member # 467

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for cobraman_1994  Ford pictures for cobraman_1994    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yep. a chiltons or haynes manual should be the first thing you get when you get a car you plan on modding. i love my haynes manual!

--------------------
86 GT

Posts: 4882 | From: eldorado hills | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
Joshs Ford
¯
Member # 801

anything that i dont have to buy? Im in college...money isnt that plentiful. I was thinking....just figure it out as i go along. Guess and test, LOL I need to install my TB, EGR, Thermo, adj. fuel pressure regulator. Can u just give me basic instructions on here?
89lx
¯
Member # 1703

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89lx  Ford pictures for 89lx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Try your local public library. They ususally have a good selection of manuals which will help you out. Look for one which covers the year of your car. Some even have good wiring digrams and engine sensor info. Best of all, they're free. [Big Grin]
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
89lx has some good advice..... you may also be able to find a used manual cheap online at www.half.com .... or you can be ghetto and walk in the store, read/memorize the sections of the book you want and walk out with the knowledge in your head [Big Grin]
Joshs Ford
¯
Member # 801

Yea....just went out and did it myself. Really not that difficult. Just detached all the wires from stock TB and EGR, and all the tubes.....remembered where they went. Took old off, put new on, then replaced all the wiring and hoses. Took me like 90 minutes.....dont have good tools. I had to call a freind, because i didnt have a wrench in a certian size to take off some nuts, LOL. Next thing i need to do...is my adjustable fuel pressure regulator. Any ideas on how to start? Or just go at it? DO i need to like....clamp the fuel line or something so i dont get it all over me?
Milesblown03
¯
Member # 27

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milesblown03  Ford pictures for Milesblown03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by ChicoStang w/ GF:
Yea....just went out and did it myself. Really not that difficult. Just detached all the wires from stock TB and EGR, and all the tubes.....remembered where they went. Took old off, put new on, then replaced all the wiring and hoses. Took me like 90 minutes.....dont have good tools. I had to call a freind, because i didnt have a wrench in a certian size to take off some nuts, LOL. Next thing i need to do...is my adjustable fuel pressure regulator. Any ideas on how to start? Or just go at it? DO i need to like....clamp the fuel line or something so i dont get it all over me?

Need to relieve fuel system pressure, then just unbolt the old one and replace... just remember youre going to spill fuel, so dont catch yourself on FIRE

--------------------
99 honda 996 superhawk...
03 cobra:422rwhp,399rwtq (before pulley)
New best,12.07@119.9(!!)mph on nittos (cant drive to save my life!)

Posts: 1002 | From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  :
VNMKING
¯
Member # 480

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for VNMKING  Ford pictures for VNMKING    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
girls crack me up.....

--------------------
65’ Coupe
94’ Cobra
"VNMKING"

Posts: 1000 | From: Roseville, CA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com