Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » N2O Setup

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: N2O Setup
stitch
¯
Member # 1522

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stitch  Ford pictures for stitch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
From a previous post I come to realize that I have a bad head gasket. Not a good thing, but even a better thing. Even though I can't have the engine I want built at the time, I am able to get this one rebuilt or for the same price of a rebuild I can buy a new short block. I am going to go with the new short block. I am going to get the DSS 306 pro bullet unless someone has a better suggestion.

I have a couple of questions for those of you that know about or run nitrous:

1. What cam and lifters should I use.
2. What heads should I go with and should I have them ported (what stage of porting should be done if ported).
3. What intake should I use. It should ported to match right?

Ultimately I want to run a dual stage NOS kit with around 150 a shot.

Any suggestions or ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

--------------------
SOLD AS OF SEPT 19TH 2003

Posts: 1187 | From: Sunny SoCal | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
88gt
Custom
Member # 579

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88gt  Ford pictures for 88gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
1. What are your goals for the car?

2. What is your budget for the car?

Posts: 1482 | From: Santa Clara/Bay area | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
stitch
¯
Member # 1522

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stitch  Ford pictures for stitch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Goals...To try and run high 10's low 11's

Budget...I will taking out a loan, but not to exceed 10K

--------------------

customN2O
¯
Member # 914

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for customN2O  Ford pictures for customN2O  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
damn, 10gs, I would build you a rippen ass motor for that price. Even include a nitrous kit. By the way, why do you want a 2 stage kit if you are only going to be using 150hp? That is easily manageable for a mustang, both on the motor and some suspension upgrades. I can give you a single stage capable of a 150rwhp for a low low low low price! What is the cost of this shortblock you are looking at?
88gt
Custom
Member # 579

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88gt  Ford pictures for 88gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You should do some research on different combos and such it looks like. If you're buying a new shortblock, you might as well stroke it to something like a 347. If you're going to spend 10g's on a motor it better see a ten or 11 second time slip or you did something seriously wrong. Do you plan on manually shifting this car into the tens? If you really want to go that fast you might want to look into a built automatic race tranny and a little suspension work too.
Posts: 1482 | From: Santa Clara/Bay area | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
stitch
¯
Member # 1522

I didn't have time to rephrase the second post.

I am pulling a loan not to exceed 10K, but not all is going to an engine. Although, a large sum of it will be. I have some minor body work to do, get some paint, and a little suspension work done.

The question about the tranny I am looking at a Lentech. So no I don't plan on shifting manually.

As for why I want to run the dual stage. Just sounds fun.

CumstomN2O- How big of a shot do you suggest then, lets say if all suspension and everything is done correctly.

I have thought about a 331 or 347. The short block I am looking at runs $1,999.99

I don't know I have to add up some numbers. If I can fit a 331 or 347 hell even for that a 393 SB in there I will.

--------------------

Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
331 with a 150 shot. AFR heads and maybe either the edelbrock victor manifold or the TFS R manifold. Maybe look at a custom ground cam too.

--------------------
Support our troops!

customN2O
¯
Member # 914

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for customN2O  Ford pictures for customN2O  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
At least a 200 shot. Then you will be a real MAN! 200 will be an easy 10 if you build the motor right!

--------------------
[img]http://www.zimmermanmotorsports.com/zimban2.gif[/img]

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[customN20] [worship] [/customN20]

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com