Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Recommended Installers, Mods?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Recommended Installers, Mods?
Kyban
Member # 1861

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kyban  Ford pictures for Kyban    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looking for recommendations for installers for Steeda spring kit (springs, brace, plates), and underdrive pulleys, and 3.73 gears. Should be in East Bay or Peninsula area.

Also considering:
Alumimum driveshaft
MSD ignition, better wires
CDC Side Exhaust (Magnaflow catback)

Have in place: C&L 80mm MAF w/ K&N.

Not a drag racer, but a back roads corner carver. Looking for similar minded, for early Sat/Sun morning canyon runs in East Bay.

Bob

--------------------
2001 GT Vert
C&L 80mm MAF
SVT Wheels
B&M Ripper

Posts: 2 | From: Walnut Creek | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'd skip on the aluminum drive shaft and spark plug wires and isntall the underdrive pullies yourself.
the50ho
THE50HO
Member # 73

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for the50ho  Ford pictures for the50ho    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Do everything but the gears youelf. All of those jobs are extremely simple. Honestly. As for the gears, I only know of great shops in sacramento....so I'm no help there. Don't worry about the wires....the driveshaft? Well, that's a matter of opinion. I love em, but understand mine was replacing an unbalanced stock steel piece. Anyway, you can have springs, plates, and brace (I'm guessing you mean strut tower) done and finished in about 2-3 hours tops. As for the pullies, that's a very easy job as well. Understand how much a shop will charge you for these items to be installed. Save yourself the money and buy something eles fun for the car! That's what I alawys did and I loved the new toys I alawys got! [Razz]

--------------------
Too many motorcycles...and now a destroyed arm from Motocross...brrraaappp

Posts: 4056 | From: Roseville, Ca (Sacramento) | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you MUST go to rear end specialties in santa clara to get yoru gears done!!!! those guys rule. [worship] [burnout]

--------------------
=(

black_demon
¯
Member # 196

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for black_demon  Ford pictures for black_demon    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you can install all that yourself they're all pretty easy to do..

including the 3.73's, you just need to know what youre doing.. i did mine in a day and ive never did a rearend before..

Posts: 112 | From: san francisco - cali | Registered: Mar 2001  |  :
Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
redline in concord does good work and can do all that.

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

StoplightWarrior
¯
Member # 211

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for StoplightWarrior  Ford pictures for StoplightWarrior        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Why get a vert if you're a corner carver??

I have steeda's gtrac suspension in my car...good stuff...get some lower control arms for sure!

--------------------
2000 GT
couple bolt ons

Check out the website: peep it

Posts: 2952 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  :
Fox89GT
¯
Member # 1539

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fox89GT  Ford pictures for Fox89GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you are willing drive to the south bay, there is a new shop in Milpitas that just opened about a month ago. The shops name is GNJ Motorsport and the guys name is Greg. Phone is 408-945-1900. Clean shop, nice guy and good work at a reasonable price. What more could you ask! Highly recommended... He does all that you were asking.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com