Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » HPM Megabite LCAs..Help!!!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: HPM Megabite LCAs..Help!!!
TriplePLAY
¯
Member # 948

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TriplePLAY  Ford pictures for TriplePLAY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I bought the HPM Megabite Jr. LCAs. I had installed these last week and have been annoyed by the freakin road noise and vibration since. The noise and vibration is extremely irritating...I think the noise originates from driveline transmitted through the LCAs and right into the chassis. it's noticeable when i roll from a stop sign...(mid-throttle to WOT)around 3.5k RPM is when the vibration is at its worse!! the thing is, this only happens when i gassin it. if i let off the throttle and just coast..i could hardly feel or hear anything. I have the setting on the top hole just what HPM had recommended for the street.

--------------------
1996 Mustang GT Vert

Philippians 4:13-

Posts: 332 | From: Bay Area, California | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
Milesblown03
¯
Member # 27

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milesblown03  Ford pictures for Milesblown03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Do those have rubber bushings, or the polyurethane? How did you tighten the mounting bolts? with the rear end supported ( like on the ground) or unsupported. This may not help, but its an idea. On cars with rubber bushings, youre supposed to tighten all the mounting bolts with the car basically on the ground. basically leave everything loose,put the car onto the ground, as it would sit, and then tighen all the hardware. Again, this probably wont fix it, but it is something to try. Could be the bushings are bound up, because they were tightened with the suspension relaxed... if that doesnt work, have you tried playing with the adjustment on the LCA's??

--------------------
99 honda 996 superhawk...
03 cobra:422rwhp,399rwtq (before pulley)
New best,12.07@119.9(!!)mph on nittos (cant drive to save my life!)

Posts: 1002 | From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  :
TriplePLAY
¯
Member # 948

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TriplePLAY  Ford pictures for TriplePLAY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Miles- they are the polyurethane bushings- I tightened the mounting bolts when the rear end was supported: I had jacks on each side of the axle. I would not be able to get underneath the car if I was to tighten the bolts when the rear is on the ground (2 inch drop-). When you mentioned “bound up” - I suppose this is what they meant polyurethanes binding? There is not much I can do as far as adjustments, these HPM Megabites are either installed on the top hole or the bottom hole. The instructions suggested installing the arm on the top hole for the street and bottom hole for all out drag racing.
Again, the noise and vibrations only occur when I accelerate and very noticable around 3.5k RPMs. But when I let off the throttle- there’s no vibrations, but I slight hint of road noise (which is expected).
BTW, I see you went with the Supah-hawk! Right on- good decision. How do you like the ride? You’ve got cans on them? I little tweak of the suspension and you should be able to run on anyone in the mountains…power is not all that important when you get to the twisties…. It’s all bout being smoooooth….

--------------------
1996 Mustang GT Vert

Philippians 4:13-

Posts: 332 | From: Bay Area, California | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com