Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » loud noise under my valve covers

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: loud noise under my valve covers
ONEQKFIVE0
¯
Member # 1591

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ONEQKFIVE0  Ford pictures for ONEQKFIVE0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i just put a new e 303 cam ... and making loud noise both side any body knows this noise ...let me know [worship]

--------------------
03 cobra -UPR 2.80 upper pulley
-UPR idler pulley kit
-Accufab throttle body
-Diablo Sport Predator

-13 lbs. boost
-463.94 rwt / 452.18 rwhp

Posts: 235 | From: ........california ........ | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
99gt-UJSTLST
¯
Member # 584

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 99gt-UJSTLST  Ford pictures for 99gt-UJSTLST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what kind of loud noise

did you adjust or torq the rockers on good

--------------------
SOUTH BAY STANGS
MINOR BOLT ON'S

www.southbaystangs.com

Posts: 2558 | From: SAN JOSE CA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
did you install roller rockers with the E cam as well? If so- they could be banging against the valve covers.
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If I had $1 to wager, I'd say that you didn't adjust your roller rockers properly.

What got me the first couple times is you need to set the rockers to a very small margin of pre-load (I forget, look it up, 0.03 or whatever) and in general using pedestal mount rockers are a pain in the ass to get the pre-load perfect. Watch the lifter. As you're working those fuckers will bleed down and you will make your valvetrain so tight you'll start bending pushrods. When you're on the cam's base circle, just cinch it down to that spec'd preload (watch the pushrod just begin to enter the lifter).

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com