Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Anyone have a Saleen Series II SC

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone have a Saleen Series II SC
bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If so how do you like it and what times are you running with it. I'm looking at getting one. I want something safe for a stock motor and that seems to be the only one I never hear of blowing a motor.

--------------------
01 GT 5spd

1.76 12.79@105.49

Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
Bullitt208
¯
Member # 441

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bullitt208  Ford pictures for Bullitt208    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by bunchmyfunky:
If so how do you like it and what times are you running with it. I'm looking at getting one. I want something safe for a stock motor and that seems to be the only one I never hear of blowing a motor.

That's because it provides Zero boost! Save your money and get an electric supercharger! [Big Grin]

[ September 13, 2002, 03:47 PM: Message edited by: Bullitt208 ]

Posts: 297 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks for the Info Eric [Smile]
White02GT
¯
Member # 611

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for White02GT  Ford pictures for White02GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Are there really any big differences between the Saleen Series II SC and the one that's on the 03 cobra? I don't seem to hear much besides praises for the 03, and the blower on that can't be all that bad if its putting out such high numbers, right?

--------------------
2002 Mustang GT 13.54 @ 102

"You can't out smart a smartass" Eminem

Posts: 1984 | From: Mountain View, Ca | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
302n/a
¯
Member # 1465

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 302n/a  Ford pictures for 302n/a    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
trust me they suck in the 1/4 mi there was a roush there last night running 13.5 98 stage 3 i seen the blower i have yet to see one in the 12's there just good for stoplight to stoplight racing freeway they suck also i seen ls1's turning better times n/a than roots blowers on mustangs speed you got to pay the price get a centrifical

--------------------
Raiders A's Warriors Sharks

302n/a
¯
Member # 1465

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 302n/a  Ford pictures for 302n/a    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by The Slim Shady GT:
Are there really any big differences between the Saleen Series II SC and the one that's on the 03 cobra? I don't seem to hear much besides praises for the 03, and the blower on that can't be all that bad if its putting out such high numbers, right?

that's because the saleen blower and roush are only 90 cubic inches the maximum boost they can take is 10lbs after they make more hot air then power the intercooler sucks the most power you can get out these blowers is about 320rw they do got tons of torque though anyways the lightning and 03 cobra have the 112 cubic inche roots blower which flows more air still the top dawg is the kenne bell twin screw but who knows when the hell there gonna come out with it

--------------------

bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Thanks for the info. That seems to go right along with everything I've been reading about them.
White02GT
¯
Member # 611

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for White02GT  Ford pictures for White02GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If the new cobra blower is of larger size, is that blower going to be available to put on a 2v engine?

--------------------
2002 Mustang GT 13.54 @ 102

"You can't out smart a smartass" Eminem

Posts: 1984 | From: Mountain View, Ca | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
302n/a
¯
Member # 1465

it's not available for sale for our cars but it can be done go to www.chicanesport.com they talked about it i think joe said you need forged internals to install it on our cars and a different hood

--------------------

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Mark, I thought we went over this!? [Roll Eyes] ...lol [Wink]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
nitrousracing
¯
Member # 1346

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for nitrousracing  Ford pictures for nitrousracing    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a buddy with a stage 3 roush and he has run 12.6 before totally stock. Thats a 2002 though.

--------------------
1999 BMW 323is

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com