Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » ATTN: 99gt-UJSTLST and youl luz

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: ATTN: 99gt-UJSTLST and youl luz
TriplePLAY
¯
Member # 948

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for TriplePLAY  Ford pictures for TriplePLAY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Guys, I don’t know if you both received my PM in regards to the HPM LCAs…just wanted to find out if you guys have the same problem as I had posted earlier:

I bought the HPM Megabite Jr. LCAs. I had installed these last week and have been annoyed by the freakin road noise and vibration since. The noise and vibration is extremely irritating...I think the noise originates from driveline transmitted through the LCAs and right into the chassis. it's noticeable when i roll from a stop sign...(mid-throttle to WOT)around 3.5k RPM is when the vibration is at its worse!! the thing is, this only happens when i gassin it. if i let off the throttle and just coast..i could hardly feel or hear anything. I have the setting on the top hole just what HPM had recommended for the street.
do you guys have the same prob as i do? [Confused]

--------------------
1996 Mustang GT Vert

Philippians 4:13-

Posts: 332 | From: Bay Area, California | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
Milesblown03
¯
Member # 27

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milesblown03  Ford pictures for Milesblown03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I rode in Youl luz's car many times, and never noticed any vibration on accel... sure nothing was left loose? doesnt sound right...

--------------------
99 honda 996 superhawk...
03 cobra:422rwhp,399rwtq (before pulley)
New best,12.07@119.9(!!)mph on nittos (cant drive to save my life!)

Posts: 1002 | From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  :
99gt-UJSTLST
¯
Member # 584

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 99gt-UJSTLST  Ford pictures for 99gt-UJSTLST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by TriplePLAY:
Guys, I don’t know if you both received my PM in regards to the HPM LCAs…just wanted to find out if you guys have the same problem as I had posted earlier:

I bought the HPM Megabite Jr. LCAs. I had installed these last week and have been annoyed by the freakin road noise and vibration since. The noise and vibration is extremely irritating...I think the noise originates from driveline transmitted through the LCAs and right into the chassis. it's noticeable when i roll from a stop sign...(mid-throttle to WOT)around 3.5k RPM is when the vibration is at its worse!! the thing is, this only happens when i gassin it. if i let off the throttle and just coast..i could hardly feel or hear anything. I have the setting on the top hole just what HPM had recommended for the street.
do you guys have the same prob as i do? [Confused]

I have noise in mine but its couse I have not fixed them you know I have them on wrong but I only get noise when I let off the gas when I am on the gas I its fine not vibration or any thing
hey do you have a alluminum drive shaft

--------------------
SOUTH BAY STANGS
MINOR BOLT ON'S

www.southbaystangs.com

Posts: 2558 | From: SAN JOSE CA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
TriplePLAY
¯
Member # 948

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TriplePLAY  Ford pictures for TriplePLAY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
miles- this is not good [Frown]
im sure everything is tight as can be- torque every bolt down to 95lbs./ft.

99- i still have the stock drive shaft.

what else could be wrong? i'll go in there and double check the bolts again.

--------------------
1996 Mustang GT Vert

Philippians 4:13-

Posts: 332 | From: Bay Area, California | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com