Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » What tires to buy?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: What tires to buy?
My01Stang
¯
Member # 1044

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for My01Stang  Ford pictures for My01Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm looking into buy either Nitto drag radials or the Bfgoodwrench comp t/a drag radials. I don't know which ones to get please help me figure it out. Thanks fellow stangers

--------------------
In the Garage:
2003 Ford Crown Vic
2004 Harley Heritage Softail Classic
2006 Ford F150 Lariat

Posts: 321 | From: Summerville, SC | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
imbroken
¯
Member # 165

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for imbroken  Ford pictures for imbroken    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
BFG's hook better... If you're going to run these tires on your stock rims everyday.. I'd go with the nittos... I was running 1.8-9 short times on Nitto 555R's... on a stock 17" rim.. If these will see the occasional strip run.. i'd go with BFG's

--------------------
I love you Amber! =)

Posts: 1772 | From: Anaheim Hills, Ca | Registered: Feb 2001  |  :
99gt-UJSTLST
¯
Member # 584

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 99gt-UJSTLST  Ford pictures for 99gt-UJSTLST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by imbroken:
BFG's hook better... If you're going to run these tires on your stock rims everyday.. I'd go with the nittos... I was running 1.8-9 short times on Nitto 555R's... on a stock 17" rim.. If these will see the occasional strip run.. i'd go with BFG's

I have the BF drag radials on my car and I love the way that they hook at the track Im not to sure about the COMP T/A from BF they dont hook as good in my opinion

the good thing about nittos is that they do last longer then the BF DRAG radial but thats couse they are not as soft as the BF

but it depends whats your needs my self love traction and im not that concerned if they last a long time just as long as they are street legal and hook really good thats why I bought the BF DRAG RADIALS

--------------------
SOUTH BAY STANGS
MINOR BOLT ON'S

www.southbaystangs.com

Posts: 2558 | From: SAN JOSE CA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
My01Stang
¯
Member # 1044

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for My01Stang  Ford pictures for My01Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks for the infor Javier. It looks like i'm going with the Nitto's. I'll be trying them out at the track next Wednesday night. Again Thanks. Elwin
Posts: 321 | From: Summerville, SC | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Elwin, Here's what I do to get my Nitto's to hook. Set them to 18 lbs. Go in the water box, spin it in first for a second then rollout of the box to do the burnout. Put it in second let the clutch out at 4k then put your foot on the brake and smoke the crap out of the tires, lots of smoke. Take your foot off the brake and spin the tires about half way to the lights then stage. Bring the tach to 3k and let the clutch out fast(don't sidestep it)and feed the gas in. Then hold on. [Big Grin] You will probably need to adjust your launch rpm depeneding on how the track is, but 3k is a good starting point. Good luck
Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com