Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Performance Headers Vs. Stock. What's the Difference??

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Performance Headers Vs. Stock. What's the Difference??
50/50
¯
Member # 1724

Ford Icon 8 posted      Profile for 50/50  Ford pictures for 50/50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Tell me the difference between performance and stock headers. I'm gettin alot of opinions. One says performance headers are a sure go. Others say there is no difference at all. "They're all the SAME." Give me the real dirt somebody. Please.

--------------------
Previously named: VenGeance, 5LiterFever, 50cal.

Drive safely. You wanna drive in it. Not DIE in it.

street_illegal_stang
¯
Member # 1554

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for street_illegal_stang  Ford pictures for street_illegal_stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you need to buy a used set of lets say mac shortys
for like $70 and find out your self..
its worth the money..just look at the stock headers and see how fucked up ford is by putting pieces of shits on a great motor..then look at mac's ..it flows a hell of a lot better ,you also get to higher rpms a lil faster...they work really great when you get and off road h pipe
or just remove the cats off the stock h pipe. [burnout]

Posts: 1276 | From: Long Beach C.A | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
With stock intake/heads/cam you won't notice anything with aftermarket headers. Look into more proven mods like gears, pullies, tires, ect.
O.G. Cobra
¯
Member # 747

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for O.G. Cobra  Ford pictures for O.G. Cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by st5150:
With stock intake/heads/cam you won't notice anything with aftermarket headers. Look into more proven mods like gears, pullies, tires, ect.

and if you do, DON'T BUY MAC HEADERS. buy some with a one piece flange (all the primaries attached to the same flage). you'll pay more, but the headache you save come installation time will be worth it. jba, bbk-they have one piece flanges.
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I picked up a solid 1 mph in the traps on a stock heads/intake/cam car with 1 5/8" longtubes.

That puts the gain somewhere around 5-10 HP, similar to pullies which can cost as low as $80 for the full set, whereas buying new headers and paying to have them installed could be $500 + easily (or you could score a used set for $100-$150 and install it yourself)

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com