Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Fast track air-air intercooler?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Fast track air-air intercooler?
imbroken
¯
Member # 165

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for imbroken  Ford pictures for imbroken    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Have you guys heard good thing? Bad things? I need to know before I install this thing... Spearco makes the intercooler... fast track makes the tubing I guess.....

--------------------
I love you Amber! =)

Posts: 1772 | From: Anaheim Hills, Ca | Registered: Feb 2001  |  :
WANARNM
¯
Member # 587

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WANARNM  Ford pictures for WANARNM    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by imbroken:
Have you guys heard good thing? Bad things? I need to know before I install this thing... Spearco makes the intercooler... fast track makes the tubing I guess.....

My Bro. "99gt-UJSTLST" has one on his car. He loves it. PM him if you have any questions. he can help u out. [Big Grin] [patriot]

--------------------
89’ Hatch. Completely stock.

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ever considered Vortech's aftercooler? Most street cars seem to run faster with the aftercooler from what I've seen.
jayl
¯
Member # 185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jayl  Ford pictures for jayl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i think the air-air is the way to go for the street.......no ice refilling and crap......unless its a strict race car i dont like that setup

--------------------
Facebook.com/TeamTemporary
8.5's TTFBitch!

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by jayl:
i think the air-air is the way to go for the street.......no ice refilling and crap......unless its a strict race car i dont like that setup

This is a bad rumor.... water to air works well on the street with water and GREAT with ice. Air to Air great for race cars that are already doing 100+ mph at the 1/8 mile mark.
jayl
¯
Member # 185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jayl  Ford pictures for jayl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
st5150: so are you not a fan of ATI's work then? I think they have created an air-air to allow more boost on pump gas w/o detonation.......seems to work pretty good........i just dont trust something like adding the water because i know personally i might have a brainfart and forget to check it.......

--------------------
8.5's TTFBitch!

Stimson
_
Member # 51

I'm not saying I'm not an ATI fan, but if I had the money to spend on a power adder, it would be the tried and true Vortech S or T trim + aftercooler. ATI kind of shot themselves in the foot with poor braket design and blower seal problems when they were starting out and it has haunted them ever since. As far as windsor motors go, I think there are many other aspects of the combo more important than what brand blower you go with.
VortechSaleen
¯
Member # 316

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for VortechSaleen  Ford pictures for VortechSaleen    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yes..actually, it's a bad rumor. Even if the water is hot the heat transfer is still VERY effective....nobody says the water has to be cold..that's just a bonus. I'm at 442RWHP 420RWTQ w/ the Vortech/cooler setup (no ice). And if I feel like throwing ice in there...even better. This cooler gets a bad wrap from the guys who "must" have cold all the time and don't realize the cooler is doing it's job just fine.
Posts: 837 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
jayl
¯
Member # 185

no bad rap or i heard a rumor or anything, i respect both companies, i just favor the air-air more.....no biggie.......i think the vortechs make insane power as well.....and i love how cheap a YS trim kit is......something rory shouldve done in the first place.....but it takes him a while to things threw his thick ass head.....lol

--------------------
8.5's TTFBitch!

Chris M.
Ignore me, all I do is argue online!
Member # 1708

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris M.  Ford pictures for Chris M.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i hate the vortechs because they're SOOOO loud, it gets annoying. Paxton's Novi line is the one I'm a big fan of... however I wouldnt mind having a D3R.

As far as the intercoolers go, I'd say air to water all the way. But MY question is, how much better does the mondo cooler work than the after cooler???? and does it just bolt to the lower intake or do you need a custom one?

Posts: 2828 | From: West Bay, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com