Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Your typical exhaust question...

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Your typical exhaust question...
HaddaBlkstang98
¯
Member # 634

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaddaBlkstang98  Ford pictures for HaddaBlkstang98    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Gonna have some extra money coming to me soon, and was wondering what to get as far as exhaust...the car is a 97 auto GT, 6,000 miles....what are some good mufflers, x or h pipes...and what is legal/illegal? Oh, and where in the bay area (martinez, concord..etc) is a good place to get it installed and purchased. Thanks.
Posts: 55 | From: Bay Area, Cali | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
AZTECLX
¯
Member # 674

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AZTECLX  Ford pictures for AZTECLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well I have 3 chamber flows, BBK O/R H-pipe (illegal by the way [Wink] ). I like the way it’s sounds. I went with the 3-chamber cause I was looking for a deep tone, if you want a loud tone go with the 2-chambers or better yet 1-chamber. Oh yeah I also have an Auto. Go to the GTG in Dublin so that you can hear dif. set ups...and meet some cool peeps [patriot]

--------------------
California Notary Public

If you have/need documents too be notarized..hit me up

Posts: 950 | From: San Jose... | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
Mean2001GT
¯
Member # 1750

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mean2001GT  Ford pictures for Mean2001GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i think 1 chambers are a waste of time/money. they are pretty much the same as not having a muffler. i have 2 chamber flows and a mac prochamber. i like the sound of it, thats why went with the prochamber over the o/r h or x pipe. you might get a hp or so more with an o/r x or an h, but they sound very differnt. i'm happy with what i put on andi think it sounds better than 2 chambers with an o/r h. all three are not street legal however...
Posts: 158 | From: San Ramon, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
liftedF150
¯
Member # 868

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for liftedF150  Ford pictures for liftedF150    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
dude i would go with a set of 2 chambers and a nice like bassani X i like X pipes on the 4.6's i think they sounds beter. you could also go with some borla mufflers but they are expensive
Posts: 3259 | From: Discovery Bay | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
Wolf
¯
Member # 1723

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wolf  Ford pictures for Wolf    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Can't beat Borlas. They are expensive, but look around for deals. I got my pair (2.25" std. Mustang sized) used on eBay for $100 shipped.

--------------------
64 Mercury Comet - 289ci
99 Honda Superhawk - 996cc V-Twin

Posts: 122 | From: Milpitas, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
HaddaBlkstang98
¯
Member # 634

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaddaBlkstang98  Ford pictures for HaddaBlkstang98    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was also wondering, if I just wanted the mufflers and wanted to keep the stock chrome tips etc, is that cheaper for them just to cut the off the old stock mufflers and weld on the new ones?
Posts: 55 | From: Bay Area, Cali | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
cobraman_1994
¯
Member # 467

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobraman_1994  Ford pictures for cobraman_1994    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Mean2001GT:
i think 1 chambers are a waste of time/money. they are pretty much the same as not having a muffler.

that cant be anymore false [burnout]
1chambers and an x pipe sound very different then anything else. but not like having no mufflers, ive done both, and they sounded way different [dance]

--------------------
86 GT

Posts: 4882 | From: eldorado hills | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SVTPower  Ford pictures for 03SVTPower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by cobraman_1994:
quote:
Originally posted by Mean2001GT:
i think 1 chambers are a waste of time/money. they are pretty much the same as not having a muffler.

that cant be anymore false [burnout]
1chambers and an x pipe sound very different then anything else. but not like having no mufflers, ive done both, and they sounded way different [dance]

One day i might get some 1 chambers [Wink]

--------------------
2003 Redfire "AED" Cobra R.I.P

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com