Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Oil in the blower?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Oil in the blower?
imbroken
¯
Member # 165

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for imbroken  Ford pictures for imbroken    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey guys... pulled the power pipe off the blower... and near the impellers there was a little bit of oil... is this normal?

--------------------
I love you Amber! =)

Posts: 1772 | From: Anaheim Hills, Ca | Registered: Feb 2001  |  :
90gtverrt
¯
Member # 1437

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90gtverrt  Ford pictures for 90gtverrt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Is the blower new or used?

Mike

Posts: 1199 | From: Livermore, CA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
imbroken
¯
Member # 165

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for imbroken  Ford pictures for imbroken    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
blower is used... off of a running car.. the car ran fine... I talked to a few people and they said a little oil on the impellers is normall.. and sometimes you may have a little near the inlet...?

--------------------
I love you Amber! =)

VortechSaleen
¯
Member # 316

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for VortechSaleen  Ford pictures for VortechSaleen    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I see a little oil build up when taking out the power pipe also.
Posts: 837 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
imbroken
¯
Member # 165

My buddy with his T trim said it's normal... so I assume its just excess oil that doesnt get run down the return on the oil line...

so no biggy it looks like...

Time to bolt the blower on! [Smile]

99gt-UJSTLST
¯
Member # 584

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 99gt-UJSTLST  Ford pictures for 99gt-UJSTLST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hmm I dont think your suppose to have any oil I would call vortech

thats why I sent my blower back 1st it started with a little oil then it made grinding noises and it was my seals goin bad

ask Harold he had the same problem from his blower he sent it back

--------------------
SOUTH BAY STANGS
MINOR BOLT ON'S

www.southbaystangs.com

Posts: 2558 | From: SAN JOSE CA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
LAST302
¯
Member # 808

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LAST302  Ford pictures for LAST302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I dont think there should be any oil but call vortech.
Posts: 1147 | From: Disco Bay | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
ihatethesesns
¯
Member # 684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ihatethesesns  Ford pictures for ihatethesesns    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just call vortech, It only cost around 300 for the rebuild, and just if your wondering no they wont sell you a rebuild kit, you have to send it to them, tried that one all ready. The guy about shit when I told him I took it apart..lol I had a little in play in the shaft and the seal was pinched so I just sent to them. Beware the tend to lag so dont count on the time frame they give you.

--------------------
" Friends come and go but enemies Accumulate"

'Fight Crime Shoot First'

VNMKING
¯
Member # 480

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for VNMKING  Ford pictures for VNMKING    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
check your pm's please

--------------------
65’ Coupe
94’ Cobra
"VNMKING"

Posts: 1000 | From: Roseville, CA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com