Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » SUPERCHARGER ?. NEED HELP

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: SUPERCHARGER ?. NEED HELP
Mach103
¯
Member # 746

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach103  Ford pictures for Mach103    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
THis is to all the peolpe that have superchargers i just bolted on a vortech s trim and i was wondering what should the timing be around, also fuel presure what should that be more less, also what kind of spark plugs and what should they be gaped at, or any suggestions at all my car is running like freakin shit, car tends to bog alot when cruzing, also when i get on it it tends to pop real loud out of the exhaust the the motor, also seems like there is steam or smoke coming out of the breather should i up grade to a better breather. its going to be dyno burned on october 5th. i need help thanks mario.

--------------------
2007 Ford Mustang GT
1995 Mustang GT Sapphire Blue(SOLD)
2003 Mustang Mach 1 (SOLD)
2006 Chevy Trailblazer SS

onesicklx
¯
Member # 285

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for onesicklx  Ford pictures for onesicklx  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
my timing at 10 degres, fuel pressure at 40 and spark plugs gap at 32, the spark plugs are autolite 764 for gt 40 iron heads. [patriot]
Posts: 1955 | From: san jose, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
Copello
¯
Member # 1534

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Copello  Ford pictures for Copello    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just a little note I do not know what timing should be with a supercharged engine but my buddy just blew up his supercharged engine when he advanced the timing and caused it to detionate which he didn't know because he couldn't hear it. So keep in mind it is better to be a little on the retard then advance. It will go faster if you keep advancing the timing but it will also blow your motor so 10 degrees advanced should be ok.

--------------------
91 GT
73 RS Camaro

Posts: 1309 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
ShowRoomStang
¯
Member # 1713

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ShowRoomStang  Ford pictures for ShowRoomStang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Mario dude... you have no faith in my tunning? your plugs are AUT 26's and the gaps at 32... your initial timming's at 8 degrees, and your iddle fuel pressure with the vacume removed is at 39-40psi... u seem to have the right tunning but that pop its making is beyond me... IF ANYONE KNOWS WHAT THAT IS, PLEASE HELP!!! it doesnt sound like a lean pop... but i dont know everything... when mine lean poped it sounded different then that... [Confused]

--------------------
I have THE FASTEST "A" Trim car in the world!!!

Posts: 18 | From: Brentwood CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
Mach103
¯
Member # 746

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach103  Ford pictures for Mach103    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well thanks ryan for the info, and also thanks for all the help to with the car, but u know me i cant wait to get the car running so thats why i came on here for help. we can use all the help we can get.
PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PunkINa5.SLOW  Ford pictures for PunkINa5.SLOW    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sounds like maybe wrong FMU calibration

--------------------
OUTTA THA DRAMA

R.I.P. MIKE STARKEY MY BABY BROTHER
12/8/77-5/17/03

Mach103
¯
Member # 746

no its the right FMU i have 24 lb injectors and i also have a 8:1 calibaration for 24s too. has to be something else.
66 InjectedCobra
¯
Member # 819

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 InjectedCobra  Ford pictures for 66 InjectedCobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You need to dump that POS fmu thing.
Even ask your tuner and he will say the same thing.
You need to get some real injectors like at least 36 or 42lb ford ones.
Then get a good pump at least 255 or Aeromotive A100.
I have never used an FMU and never has my car poped not even bofore the tune.
Just my 2 cents and most guys will tell you the FMU is garbage and to dump it.
Hope this will help you head the right direction.

--------------------
Just An Old Slow Ford!

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=6389544

ShowRoomStang
¯
Member # 1713

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ShowRoomStang  Ford pictures for ShowRoomStang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 66 InjectedCobra:
You need to dump that POS fmu thing.
Even ask your tuner and he will say the same thing.
You need to get some real injectors like at least 36 or 42lb ford ones.
Then get a good pump at least 255 or Aeromotive A100.
I have never used an FMU and never has my car poped not even bofore the tune.
Just my 2 cents and most guys will tell you the FMU is garbage and to dump it.
allot of people have said that so we might as well try it mario...see what happens...
Hope this will help you head the right direction.

--------------------
I have THE FASTEST "A" Trim car in the world!!!

Posts: 18 | From: Brentwood CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
66 InjectedCobra
¯
Member # 819

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 InjectedCobra  Ford pictures for 66 InjectedCobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If it helps you I have a set of 36lb ford injectors W/ only 2K on them.
They are brand new.
I paid $450 for them and they were the last set available from ford [Eek!]
Make offer [patriot]

--------------------
Just An Old Slow Ford!

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=6389544

saleen00925
¯
Member # 1302

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for saleen00925  Ford pictures for saleen00925  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
fmu's are junk...

smoke coming out the breather doesn't sound good

does that mean blow-by?

--------------------
-Adam Cate
00' Saleen #00-925
3.55 Factory gears, 80mm MAF
13.7 @102mph
2 12" MTX 7000's pushin 1000W
[IMG]http://www.saleen00925.com/images/saleens3small.jpg[/IMG]
Saleen00925.com

Posts: 244 | From: Sacramento CA | Registered: May 2002  |  :
Mach103
¯
Member # 746

well 66injectedcobra $450 dollars is to much for me i think im going to stay with the 24s way to much for me, dont get me wrong i would take them, but thanks for the help.
WANARNM
¯
Member # 587

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WANARNM  Ford pictures for WANARNM    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
*Stangbanger*

I dont have a S/C but my brother does and i've learnd from his mistakes in the past (3 blown motors) that you sould'nt romp on the car till AFTER you'r dyno tune. Especially with those 24's. Wait till you get 36's or 42's to dyno tune your car. You will not see that much power from your car with the 24's.

Smoke coming from your breather is not a good signe. I would be extra cautiouse with your car right now. My $0.02 cents.

"poping" and "bucking" is from your car running lean or you have a vacum leak. Play with the Fuel pressure a lil and see what happends. Good luck.

66 InjectedCobra
¯
Member # 819

Dude don,t even drive the thing W/ 24's thats going to blow a head gasket or piston [Eek!]
YOUR CAR IS TO LEAN.
Get your self some real injectors and a real pump before even trying to tune it.
On the injectors I'm not saying I want $450 but make a good offer and their yours.
Also I have a vortech T-rex pump that will solve the pump situation. This pump is added in-line W/ the intank pump. $100 and it's yours

--------------------
Just An Old Slow Ford!

Mach103
¯
Member # 746

Well how much u want for the injectors let me know how much.
zinc00gt
¯
Member # 468

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for zinc00gt  Ford pictures for zinc00gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Mario-Just get the 36's, Your set-up is pretty tight already, might as well spend the extra cash to make sure its all safe. I'd rather spend the money now while ur engine is still running rather than on a blown up engine. Hit me up this weekend see whats goin on.
Kev

Posts: 260 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
99gt-UJSTLST
¯
Member # 584

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 99gt-UJSTLST  Ford pictures for 99gt-UJSTLST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by stangbanger:
THis is to all the peolpe that have superchargers i just bolted on a vortech s trim and i was wondering what should the timing be around, also fuel presure what should that be more less, also what kind of spark plugs and what should they be gaped at, or any suggestions at all my car is running like freakin shit, car tends to bog alot when cruzing, also when i get on it it tends to pop real loud out of the exhaust the the motor, also seems like there is steam or smoke coming out of the breather should i up grade to a better breather. its going to be dyno burned on october 5th. i need help thanks mario.

you have smoke comeing out of the breather cap
how about the exsoust

if you have smoke comeing out you might have blown a head gasket

I would not get on it till you dynoed it

and your 24 well they to small I say go with at least 36#

--------------------
SOUTH BAY STANGS
MINOR BOLT ON'S

www.southbaystangs.com

Posts: 2558 | From: SAN JOSE CA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
66 InjectedCobra
¯
Member # 819

Just tell me what you think is a fair price and we can go from there. I will even meet you half way for delivery.
Do you have a boost sensitive fuel regulator??
If not I'm selling a Kirban billet one that I paid $90 plus tax for.
We can make a package deal thenyou could dump the FMU [Mad] all tougether.

Evey Byron will tell you not to have that thing on for yor tune date.

(510)760-5254.....Mie
call me if you have any qustions or to set up a time to met [patriot]

--------------------
Just An Old Slow Ford!

Mach103
¯
Member # 746

well if i do take the 36s from u i need to sell my 24s and that means i would also need to get a another mass air calibrated for those 36s then also i would have to sell my other mass air too so i dont think it will work out but ill see.i just dont have the money right now. thanks mario.
66 InjectedCobra
¯
Member # 819

OK Bro just lemme know cause all you need to do is send the meter back and get it recalibrated $100.
Dude I just hate to see people blow their motors up like I did 3 times [Mad] all because I was STILL LEAN!
Just be carefull Bro

--------------------
Just An Old Slow Ford!

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com